+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The best league in the world?

The best league in the world?

Having watched Manchester United’s last three halves of Premier League football, I must admit to having doubts - the ref’s giving them everything mind, so they’ll probably end up winning.

Re: The best league in the world?

Bowen gives West Ham the lead - they mentioned we didn’t fancy him as a kid. Whoever was in charge of youth recruitment at City about eight to ten years ago did a great job

I haven't heard the Premier league called 'the best' for a long time. Sky seem to refer to it as the 'most exciting' these days.

I have to say there are nine or ten teams in the Premiership that I enjoy watching and most weekends one plays another.
    At times the pace of games is breath-taking and I'm looking forward to L-pool v Arsenal tonight.
    The fitness of these top players is amazing.

Second was an own goal apparently, if it matters. Adds something to the absurdity of it all I guess.

Arsenal’s attitude at Anfield a complete contrast to Man United’s - they’re 1-0 up after four minutes.

1-1, this game is everything that last weekend’s wasn’t.

This is a cracking game between two teams that can win the title. And Man City isn't one of them. Spurs and Villa are in the mix. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is a cracking game between two teams that can win the title. And Man City isn't one of them. Spurs and Villa are in the mix. What's not to like?
    It's The Premier League of money and diving

Son today for Spurs

Made an absolute cabbage on his goal today , hit an easy chance into the floor which could easily have been saved or gone wide

Very lucky

Commentator just talked about his 11 goals this season as if he's some superhuman

It was bollocks and he could have missed it

The Premier League loves itself and its a self serving money train

Whether we like it or not, the creation of the Premier League has improved crowds across the 4 divisions since its inception.

Strength in depth wise I think it is. I’ve been very fortunate living in Europe for the last 4 years and seen Champions League games involving sides from numerous countries, in general the standard is nowhere near the PL with some obvious exceptions.

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe set to buy 25% stake in Manchester United for around $1.58 billion