+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut: 'We are a team and are fighting for each other again'

Re: Erol Bulut: 'We are a team and are fighting for each other again'

Can the people claiming we’ve conceded loads of goals by playing out from the back give a list of them please.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can the people claiming we’ve conceded loads of goals by playing out from the back give a list of them please.
    For me it’s not the goals we’ve conceded playing this way, if there are any, it’s the fact that every goal kick is the same, the players aren’t up to it. It’s all a bit Keystone Kops on times and certainly no good for my bowels.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    The P.O.M.O. tactic, for both sides worked a treat after we equalised.

How many times this season have Cardiff needlessly conceded as a result of tippy-tappy possession from a goal-kick?

They need to be composed on the ball and expert in passing through the lines to benefit.
    Sheffield Wednesday, hardly titans of total football, managed to start a few attacks by playing out from the back on Saturday. I'm sure we can do the same.

We're not trying anything too audacious or risky from our goal kicks, but too often simple things like a poor touch or body shape or a lack of movement mean we b*lls it up. It's up to Bulut and the coaches to address that.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    It's up to Bulut and the coaches to address that.
    Exactly, but on the training ground through the week not all the time in a match, until we perfect it.

Wednesday looked decidedly dodgy on Saturday when they played that way, they were hardly Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, but on the training ground through the week not all the time in a match, until we perfect it.
    So we should play a different style in a match to one we're practicing on the training ground? I spot a tiny flaw in this plan, Baldrick.

There was always going to be issues with being in transition from being a "hoof it long" team to one that tries to build from the back. We're not used to it as City fans. On the flip side are sides like Swansea, who have been doing that successfully for years.

We have to move forward in how we play the game, not abort back to the default of whack it long something doesn't work. Players need to get used to it during games. It'll come, eventually. A few new signings won't go amiss to help this, either.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I’ve been thinking the same with regard to passes into the box. I see no point in buying Kieffer Moore as a target man if the rest of the team are too scared to give the ball away.
    Wales never really used him as a target man, though, not in the sense that Wales played lots of long balls up to him to bring others into play. If anything, that isn't his strength. He's more comfortable with the ball at his feet linking up with midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So we should play a different style in a match to one we're practicing on the training ground? I spot a tiny flaw in this plan, Baldrick.

Perhaps you missed the line, ‘Not all the time in a match, Until we perfect it’