+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Owlstalk Online

Owlstalk Online

Take a look on there

Absolutely devastated

That's football

Re: Owlstalk Online

yeah...Quote "We've just managed to lose against one of the worst teams we've played this season"

Says a lot about us....

also..."Their goalie won it for them. Ours lost it for us."

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yeah...Quote "We've just managed to lose against one of the worst teams we've played this season"

Says a lot about us....

Well when you lose a game you should have won and dominate , the other team tends to appear crap

Some of the wiser posters on there say Cardiff were very lucky ....which is true ....but grabbed the points by clinging on

I would be gutted but I am very happy to stop the rot

A few people on here said there was no sign of the next win

Well today we got it

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Says a lot about us....

Yes, Alnwick was our MOM in my eyes

Never understood this whole “that opponent was the worst team in the league argument”

Some sort of bullshit solace to shield them from the fact that they are indeed crap and lost out to a side who wanted it more.

6 points from them. Hope they stay up so we can help ourselves again next year.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The new Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I didn’t see all the game but other than one really good save, I felt he should have dealt with the rest quite comfortably and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He's been good all season. I can't fathom why he has been dropped twice

Also interesting that Alnwick kicked it long when he felt it was needed, instead of sticking to that awful 'play out from the back' business. Trying to play out from the back has cost us a few goals this season, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the best reason to stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Also interesting that Alnwick kicked it long when he felt it was needed, instead of sticking to that awful 'play out from the back' business. Trying to play out from the back has cost us a few goals this season, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the best reason to stop doing it.
    Yep, mix it up. I’ve noticed in Premier League games I’ve watched recently teams are binning it, going wide or certainly longer. I look at it this way, if a defending team is awarded a free kick, say, ten yards from the by line and just outside the box, an opposing forward invariably covers the pass back to the ‘keeper, does the taker pass it two yards to a colleague or try to find a team mate upfield? I’d say the latter. It’s common sense for the defending team not to box themselves in, especially when they haven’t got the personnel to tiki taka it up the pitch. We certainly haven’t got that personnel and should treat goal kicks the same.

Bulut doesn’t strike me as a tactical genius. I’d give anything to see a purposeful move….forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Name one? Which infers the rest are because we didn't 'play-out from the back'?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    He's been good all season. I can't fathom why he has been dropped twice
    Definitely cost us…..