+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doing the 92

Doing the 92

In 2024 I want to try and add at least a new ground a month. Has anyone got any tips on how to go about getting tickets for random games/grounds on a budget. Any websites out there that you know of?

Re: Doing the 92

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    In 2024 I want to try and add at least a new ground a month. Has anyone got any tips on how to go about getting tickets for random games/grounds on a budget. Any websites out there that you know of?
    I use this site , it’s really helpful. https://www.footballgroundmap.com/gr...anchester-city

I’m on about 135 grounds and about 72/92 of the current ones.

Haven’t done any new grounds for a few seasons due to having a small boy , that said he’s been to one away game last year and loved it, so hoping to do a few more next season.

72 league grounds for me but these include the old brizzle rovers , somerton park, baseball ground etc

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    72 league grounds for me but these include the old brizzle rovers , somerton park, baseball ground etc
    One gripe I’ve had though, went to Carlisle ( two coaches of lads ) was called off at 14.00

Of the old grounds I’m gutted I missed out on Derby ,Leicester and Bristol Rovers , before my time but really glad I went to Goodison Park ( in the Premier League) as that’s going in 25/26 and the old Wembley a few times

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    One gripe I’ve had though, went to Carlisle ( two coaches of lads ) was called off at 14.00

Of the old grounds I’m gutted I missed out on Derby ,Leicester and Bristol Rovers , before my time but really glad I went to Goodison Park ( in the Premier League) as that’s going in 25/26 and the old Wembley a few times
    went to Goodison park to watch Everton v Man Utd the days you could pay at the turn styles

must have been round 1990'ish . we played at Blackpool on the Saturday we stayed for the weekend to watch the Everton game on the Sunday . great times

Just thinking of some grounds where I've seen City which don't exist any more - County Ground, Northampton, Layer Rd Colchester, Somerton park, probably a few others. Awful decrepit grounds that felt a bit unsafe - but somehow it's not the same anymore!

I’m stuck on 67 out of current 92. But my own rule is that they only count if it’s with the city. Only chance I have of really adding to it is if we get relegated!! Or a decent cup draw would be nice. Plus a few teams coming up like a Stevenage.

I never got to the Baseball ground and i am gutted. Done Filbert street and Eastville though. Not done Carlisle either. But that could happen.
    Spedger

67 of the teams currently in the 4 divisions. But can add a shed full from teams that have dropped out of the leagues.
    Spedger

78 of the current 92, around 110 grounds in Wales & England if I include former league grounds and Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Just thinking of some grounds where I've seen City which don't exist any more - County Ground, Northampton, Layer Rd Colchester, Somerton park, probably a few others. Awful decrepit grounds that felt a bit unsafe - but somehow it's not the same anymore!
    Old show ground Scunny
    Fellows park Walsall
    Roker park Sunderland
    The Dell Southampton
    The Den Millwall
    Upton Park West Ham
    Highbury Arsenal
    Plough lane Wimbledon
    Manor ground Oxford
    Elm Park Reading
    The Vetch JB
    Gay Meadow Shrewsbury
    Victoria park Sjoke
    Main rd Man City
    Brunden park? Bolton
    Leeds rd Huddersfield
    Ayresome park Boro
    Highfield rd Coventry
    Boothferry park Hull
    York city’s old ground

Went to all those as well as the ones listed Baseball ground, Filbert Eastville and Somerton park

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple off

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Old show ground Scunny
    Fellows park Walsall
    Roker park Sunderland
    The Dell Southampton
    The Den Millwall
    Upton Park West Ham
    Highbury Arsenal
    Plough lane Wimbledon
    Manor ground Oxford
    Elm Park Reading
    The Vetch JB
    Gay Meadow Shrewsbury
    Victoria park Sjoke
    Main rd Man City
    Brunden park? Bolton
    Leeds rd Huddersfield
    Ayresome park Boro
    Highfield rd Coventry
    Boothferry park Hull
    York city’s old ground

Went to all those as well as the ones listed Baseball ground, Filbert Eastville and Somerton park

Feckin show off. End of thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Millmoor Rotherham
    Belle Vue Doncaster (on a Friday night)😂

Still thinking I’ve missed some

Millmoor Rotherham
    Belle Vue Doncaster (on a Friday night)😂

Still thinking I’ve missed some
    Springfield Wigan and not sure if Bury still play at Gigg lane?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Saltergate Chesterfield

Loads of clubs gone out of the league now like Hereford, Torquay, Darlington Maccersfield Yeovil etc
    I’ll bet the Boss, Tony the TiT and Splott Parker have done more than me

One I never got to was Southend

The County Ground Northampton on a Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I never got to the Baseball ground and i am gutted. Done Filbert street and Eastville though. Not done Carlisle either. But that could happen.
    Spedger
    I’ve done the 4 of them. Brunton Park was over a Christmas time, took my boy up when he was a nipper. Queuing to get in on that grass bank when an old copper came up to us, took my lad’s hand and winked at me. Took him to the gate, knocked the door and took him in. They both waited on the other side of the turnstile for me. The old copper said ‘I wasn’t go to let you pay for your lad to get in after travelling all that way’. Lovely gesture.

Old show ground Scunny
    Fellows park Walsall
    Roker park Sunderland
    The Dell Southampton
    The Den Millwall
    Upton Park West Ham
    Highbury Arsenal
    Plough lane Wimbledon
    Manor ground Oxford
    Elm Park Reading
    The Vetch JB
    Gay Meadow Shrewsbury
    Victoria park Sjoke
    Main rd Man City
    Brunden park? Bolton
    Leeds rd Huddersfield
    Ayresome park Boro
    Highfield rd Coventry
    Boothferry park Hull
    York city’s old ground

I’m sure Somerton Park & Eastville should be on that list

Southport
    Ruston & Diamonds
    Filbert Street
    Goldstone ground (plus Brighton’s other one)
    Highbury
    Wigan’s old ground
    Doncaster’s old ground
    + numerous others

Springfield Wigan and not sure if Bury still play at Gigg lane?
    After much angst and in fighting the ‘new’ bury are back playing at their beloved Gigg lane. Remember a mid week away at gigg lane. We lost 3-0, Berkeley had a fight at half time with their mascot and Spencer prior came over at full time and had ‘words’ with some of the fans. (Or again, was that all a dream……….)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    After much angst and in fighting the ‘new’ bury are back playing at their beloved Gigg lane. Remember a mid week away at gigg lane. We lost 3-0, Berkeley had a fight at half time with their mascot and Spencer prior came over at full time and had ‘words’ with some of the fans. (Or again, was that all a dream……….)
    it wasnt a dream was there that night also in the bury clubhouse before the game they had a clown riding a unicycle in a jack shirt

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    it wasnt a dream was there that night also in the bury clubhouse before the game they had a clown riding a unicycle in a jack shirt
    Only away with the city…….

I use this site , it’s really helpful. https://www.footballgroundmap.com/gr...anchester-city

I’m on about 135 grounds and about 72/92 of the current ones.

Haven’t done any new grounds for a few seasons due to having a small boy , that said he’s been to one away game last year and loved it, so hoping to do a few more next season.
    Thanks very much for this 👍