+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christmas comes early to lucky Cardiff as late goals snatch unlikely win.

Christmas comes early to lucky Cardiff as late goals snatch unlikely win.

Substitutes make difference again as Cardiff rediscover their goal touch.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Christmas comes early to lucky Cardiff as late goals snatch unlikely win.

We should have lost that match 2, maybe 3, nil. 75 mins of dreadful football, booed off at half time, and yet we managed three points. Owls fans can only be well aggrieved. Added to that, Perry Ng could have been red carded. The resultant yellow didn't sit well with the locals and was possibly (didn't have a good view) something of a let off.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We should have lost that match 2, maybe 3, nil. 75 mins of dreadful football, booed off at half time, and yet we managed three points. Owls fans can only be well aggrieved. Added to that, Perry Ng could have been red carded. The resultant yellow didn't sit well with the locals and was possibly (didn't have a good view) something of a let off.
    Which incident was this? I watched the game and can’t remember an incident where NG should have been sent off.

Yeah, I don't really remember that, if anything reckon there were a few naughty challenges from Owls players as well, Musaba I think went high on somebody and might have been sweating if VAR was involved in the Championship. Overall I think the ref was very inconsistent and was influenced far too much by the crowd - the incident where Etete was fouled, then the defender fell over the ball and the ref somehow gave a free kick to Wednesday was one of the more bizarre decisions I've seen recently.

Without wanting to open that can of worms back up still think we ended up on the positive side of the ledger, for me the first incident was clearly a pen, even if he did make too much of it. VAR gives that every single day of the week, it was a clear shirt pull.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Which incident was this? I watched the game and can’t remember an incident where NG should have been sent off.
    Ng was a little robust with a challenge right in front of the home crowd, out on the right wing. Home fans seemed to think it was a red. Yellow given. Like I say, didn't have a good view.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Yeah, I don't really remember that, if anything reckon there were a few naughty challenges from Owls players as well, Musaba I think went high on somebody and might have been sweating if VAR was involved in the Championship. Overall I think the ref was very inconsistent and was influenced far too much by the crowd - the incident where Etete was fouled, then the defender fell over the ball and the ref somehow gave a free kick to Wednesday was one of the more bizarre decisions I've seen recently.

Without wanting to open that can of worms back up still think we ended up on the positive side of the ledger, for me the first incident was clearly a pen, even if he did make too much of it. VAR gives that every single day of the week, it was a clear shirt pull.
    Their player took a dive, handled the ball twice when on top of it and conned the ref into giving a free kick.Lino on the wrong side of the pitch to see anything. As for their first penalty shout....never a penalty (cough).