FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Tuesday December 26th, ko 3:00pm
    Cardiff City Stadium

Match Officials:

Referee: ANDY DAVIES
    Assistants: Robert Merchant and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official : Jacob Miles

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Between 2000 and 2009 we played Plymouth four times on Boxing Day. At Home Park in 2000 (Lost), Ninian Park in 2005 (Lost), 2006 (drew) and at CCS in 2009 (lost).

That game at CCS in 2009 was the last time we played Plymouth. 14 years ago!

Given our form on boxing day and against Argyle I will give great thought as to whether I should post links on Tuesday.....in case watching it spoils your festivities....

I have a bad feeling about this game...

From all the highlights I’ve seen involving Plymouth, Alnwick is in for a busy day, as they seem to “shoot on sight”.

I bet they score at least one, from outside the box

(Well I bloody hope it’s Alnwick, if it’s that other clown, I’ll be back in the pub by halftime

Argyle certainly score a few, Whittaker has got 10 already this season, but they concede a few.
    Our recent form has been poor, so I hope that the win v Sheff will give confidence.
    I hope the manager can find a way to get Grant infield, as we looked a better side with him and Etete through the middle.
    In more hope than expectation
    2-1 City

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Between 2000 and 2009 we played Plymouth four times on Boxing Day. At Home Park in 2000 (Lost), Ninian Park in 2005 (Lost), 2006 (drew) and at CCS in 2009 (lost).

That game at CCS in 2009 was the last time we played Plymouth. 14 years ago!
    That last game we played against Plymouth on 2009 on Boxing Day was a dreadful game. We were in the Top 6 (I think?) and I'm sure Plymouth were in the bottom 3, so it was definitely going to be a home win with loads of goals, right? Wrong! We lost 1-0 with an ex jack (McLean?) scoring the only goal of the game. I'm pretty sure Plymouth were relegated though at the end of that season.

Please let there be some atmosphere down there today. The last few games at CCS have been like visiting a mortuary.

Argyle haven't won an away game all season. Think we all know what's about to unfold.

2-0 Argyle.

Boxing Day games along with our playoff record…..

Wintle for Siopis, Colwill for Robinson and Etete up front with Bowler onto the bench.

Sounds good to me...

Cardiff City: Alnwick, Ng, McGuinness, Goutas, Collins, Ralls (C), Wintle, R Colwill, Grant, Méďté, Etete.

Substitutes: Rúnarsson, Romeo, Panzo, Adams, Siopis, Sawyers, Bowler, Tanner, Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Please let there be some atmosphere down there today. The last few games at CCS have been like visiting a mortuary.
    Let's hope the team can give the fans something to sing about. It's a two-way thing.

siopis is tiring by the 50m mark..but id still choose him over a fully fit wintle. Hopefully he proves me wrong

Also we do we persist with grant on the wing? he seemed way more effective central...on the wing hes pretty pointless as he just backpasses or hits the first man

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    That last game we played against Plymouth on 2009 on Boxing Day was a dreadful game. We were in the Top 6 (I think?) and I'm sure Plymouth were in the bottom 3, so it was definitely going to be a home win with loads of goals, right? Wrong! We lost 1-0 with an ex jack (McLean?) scoring the only goal of the game. I'm pretty sure Plymouth were relegated though at the end of that season.
    we battered them for 90 minutes and somehow lost

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    siopis is tiring by the 50m mark..but id still choose him over a fully fit wintle. Hopefully he proves me wrong

Also we do we persist with grant on the wing? he seemed way more effective central...on the wing hes pretty pointless as he just backpasses or hits the first man
    Ralls and Wintle starting together is a worry.
    I can only assume Siopis has a knock or needs a rest.
    I can see Meite and Etete (hopefully) doing a lot of running today.

Looks like a team set up to contain initially, see what they've got first with some game changers waiting in the wings.

I'll go 2-1 City

Wintle and Ralls did well when playing together last week, I do share the same concern but I think Siopis was due a rest.

Probably would have liked Robinson to play ahead of Colwill but then again if you’re not going to play him home to Plymouth then when will you.

Fingers crossed for another win.

Umm...way too open and too much space down that side...we are again....too slow going forward......soft goal

Massive shocker…..

How on earth was that not 2...

We are very pedestrian..only Etete showing any good signs..

whew...offisde...but what a save from Alnwick. All coming down Ng side...and a lov ely pass forward from NG....to their winger near the area....

same old ��

Not many comments are you all asleep? given it a miss?

Well...my goodness...that's what we would normally do......we HAVE had some luck recently....I can't ever remember us getting a goal like that before..