+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

You do NOT have to rotated while the game is here to be put to bed.....Plymouth were there for the taking until the subs. I tread that VT was there......wonder what his thoughts were?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    You do NOT have to rotated while the game is here to be put to bed.....Plymouth were there for the taking until the subs. I tread that VT was there......wonder what his thoughts were?
    Probably blaming Alnwick for not having enough shots on target

I did see a picture on Twitter, he had a Ramsey 10 top on

The left was shocking all game. Collins is very poor, there is a player in there with Tanner but the championship is a step too far and McGuiness isn't that great with the ball to have it so much.

Colwell was excellent. Those who are already in the "he's crap" camp will point to the stuff he can't do, the stuff if he could do would mean he would have been transferred out already. Wintle and Ralls gave him a platform and he performed. As soon as went went off it was just hit and hope stuff

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    The left was shocking all game. Collins is very poor, there is a player in there with Tanner but the championship is a step too far and McGuiness isn't that great with the ball to have it so much.

Colwell was excellent. Those who are already in the "he's crap" camp will point to the stuff he can't do, the stuff if he could do would mean he would have been transferred out already. Wintle and Ralls gave him a platform and he performed. As soon as went went off it was just hit and hope stuff
    I genuinely don't know what Rubin has to do to prove himself. Yes, he is not great at everything but he is a game changer. Was our best player by far today.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I genuinely don't know what Rubin has to do to prove himself. Yes, he is not great at everything but he is a game changer. Was our best player by far today.
    I wish he would come good...I feally do....but have to disagree...he wasn't bad...but certainly not a game changer..

Bulut has said subs made due to knocks they had going into the game. Would have liked to have kept them on another 15 minutes or so but couldn’t risk a further injury.

Sorry...that's not a reason for me when only 1 ahead.
    My consolation today is reading rhe Swans message board...

Seems fair to me irrespective of the score.

Really disappointing we can't put away a side who've not won away all season and when we're on top take our foot off the gas. Does Vinnie feel confident giving this bloke a load of dosh? I'm not sure he does.

I’m not sure what has happened to Collins.
    He was very impressive for a while and like a lot of the other players, seems to have gone off the boil.

Maybe that knock he took a few months ago is still hampering him.

Good thing you aren't a professional football manager then

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Really disappointing we can't put away a side who've not won away all season and when we're on top take our foot off the gas. Does Vinnie feel confident giving this bloke a load of dosh? I'm not sure he does.
    I don’t think he will trust anyone with a load of dosh.

We were never comfortably. Plymouth attacked with more flair. We have gone backwards at a rate on knots.

We have a number of players that are not championship standard and some who may be but for whatever reason are not showing it

Etete if he is our main striker is a worrying thought . He's not a clinical goalscorer and although grant seems to be putting the boots on I don't think we have anyone who could be called a centre forward .

It's a shame Robinson and the others have not scored enough goals for us but I think they have all had enough chances .

So January bulut needs to be able to sign strikers and several of them .

I think we need a box to box creative player and back up .

Everybody is getting tired I think of waiting for when Ramsey and the others on the physio bench are coming back my view is it will be a bonus if they contribute much this season so we need to sign alternatives

At the back a solid full back is needed and we definitely need another centre half to provide competition

I would stick with Tanner, he's enthusiastic

At present we are about where we should be in the table which is frustrating but I don't blame bulut as some of the players he got given are either not good enough or simply don't get involved in games

As for the substitutions if bulut is told by the physios who are experts to get players off as they are struggling ......then that's what he has to do

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Etete wasn't far behind him. He made some intelligent plays today. I wish Bulut had kept him on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bulut has said subs made due to knocks they had going into the game. Would have liked to have kept them on another 15 minutes or so but couldn’t risk a further injury.
    Why did he start them, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Because the players , the physio team and bulut probably thought it was worth seeing how they did

No more complicated than that

Try not to worry and get an early night

Bulut is on the sidelines watching HIS team being totally ineffective all over the park. All of a sudden the team start playing some tidy stuff, Bulut thinks this can't be right I'll put a stop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Because the players , the physio team and bulut probably thought it was worth seeing how they did

No more complicated than that

Try not to worry and get an early night
    Or you don't risk them from the start and play someone else?

That's not complicated either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As they were fit enough to play an hour and no more?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As they were fit enough to play an hour and no more?
    If that's as fit as they were, would there have been any risks in starting them? If 60 minutes was their limit, was there the potential for causing injury? I don't know.

From what I just read on Wales Online, there was no mention of Colwill being injured. For all that people were critical of him in the first half, we looked more like scoring while he was on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    From what I just read on Wales Online, there was no mention of Colwill being injured. For all that people were critical of him in the first half, we looked more like scoring while he was on the pitch.
    Thought he was the one player who showed some invention. Generally though we look pretty clueless in attacking areas- like someone trying to open a tin of beans with a plastic fork.There is no cohesion or purpose in our attacking play, whereas Plymouth seemed to find it much easier to move the ball into attacking areas.

This afternoon was slightly better than recent showings but we were lucky (again) to get a point.

Agree with all that. Thought Collins had a stinker, maybe be something to do with the fact that he's gassed because he's had to pay practically every minute after a season out injured.

Anyone slagging Colwill off is a ****ing mug to be honest. His ceiling is so much higher than anyone else in that team. Hes had problems with injuries that have held him up from being a first team regular but now we should be building the team around him.