+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Siopis looks like he’s running in treacle. Carrying a knock?

Siopis skinned and nearly 2-3 - since the subs we have been decidedly second best.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Hope someone asks EB that question....
    It's not the first time he's made defensive changes looking to protect a lead and we've conceded.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Me either. We were well on top
    Great mgt eh?

Only one team looks like they might win this.....and it's not us....

We’ve seen this script two or three times this season already. Basic game management, make changes when things are not going well and leave things for 5-10 mins when they are.

Anyone else think it might be time to give Panzo a run in the team, give McGuinness a rest?

Whole back line has looked like they can use a rest at times today, Goutas been solid as usual but Plymouth have got a lot of joy down the flanks and McGuinness has been shaky.

I ask again..because I just don't understand...WHY change a team that is starting to dominate?? If we are 2 or 3 goals ahead ok....but not when just one ahead. I just do not buy this 'tiredness' excuse.

Subs cost us. Strange strange decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I ask again..because I just don't understand...WHY change a team that is starting to dominate?? If we are 2 or 3 goals ahead ok....but not when just one ahead. I just do not buy this 'tiredness' excuse.
    The players he took off didn't look tired and I'd rather have seen this game out than save some energy for the Leicester game which we are highly unlikely to get anything from.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Subs cost us. Strange strange decision.
    Absolutley agree...why why why???

I suppose the only plus point is that Leicester are due to end their winning run.....

Very frustrating, sub at the wrong tome in my opinion although I’m not sure they directly cost us the goal 2 minutes later.

We need to do better, players work hard but lacking massively in confidence, they don’t seem to want the ball.

Bit of a strange game that, Lucky to get a point but very nearly nicked it at the death, always going to be disappointing to concede when 2-1 up, but were very lucky to get back in it when 1-0 down, I don't think we are very difficult to play against, slow and ponderous about the back four, a quick press and we are incapable of working the ball out without losing it very quickly too many players playing with their heads down and not aware of opportunities around them trying the extra touch when the quick release would keep us on the front foot and going forward. Not too disappointed and the Blues stuffed the Dragons .

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Anyone else think it might be time to give Panzo a run in the team, give McGuinness a rest?
    Panzo is crap but I would have liked to see him come on for a few minutes today and switch to a back 3

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The players he took off didn't look tired and I'd rather have seen this game out than save some energy for the Leicester game which we are highly unlikely to get anything from.
    Colwill was limping before he came off and looked knackered.

Best I’ve seen him play for a while. A few times he unnecessarily ran into crowds but he’s getting better

Colwill was giving us all the momentum.

Additionally don't understand taking Etete off we had no one to aim for then when we continued to pump it up the pitch.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE. Match thread

Neither a good nor bad performance or result.

Interested to see what Bulut does Friday, as we should be targeting QPR for 3 points. Leicester will be hard enough as it is, I’d be happy for him to rest quite a few Friday and the fringe players a ‘prove yourself’ game.

Colwill...REALLY? is that what others see? Etete should NOT have been taken off...he was doing well.

I just saw WOL made Colwill MOM....were they at the game?

Thanks Mr Bulut for surrendering the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Thanks Mr Bulut for surrendering the initiative.
    He can’t really duck this can he? Unless he was forced into the subs? If he wasn’t then he isn’t the one to lead us forward.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Siopis looks like he’s running in treacle. Carrying a knock?
    I think he’s been carrying the knock he took 3-4 games ago. Doesn’t seem to have really shaken it off. Bulut needs him in midfield so he plays

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He can’t really duck this can he? Unless he was forced into the subs? If he wasn’t then he isn’t the one to lead us forward.
    Has he got much to duck? The games come so thick and fast you have to rotate including during the game itself.

If anything this just shows how average we actually are which isn’t really his fault. The squad isn’t good enough and we need reinforcements to push on.

Thought Colwill was very good after half time - created at least 3 great chances, Ng took one off Ralls foot when you would have bet the captain to score and then played Collins in with a brilliant ball that wrongfooted the entire defense but was a shocking touch out of play.

Even in the first half looked by far the most likely to make something happen, just lacked a bit of end product. Only one of our players to ever show for the ball. Could argue him, Ralls or Grant for MoM but it’s not ridiculous.