+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakin Stevens

Shakin Stevens

I find myself again swimming in the warm waters of nostalgia of Christmases from my youth.

Even though I remember Shakin Stevens being ever present in the charts back then, I had no idea of how commercially popular he was.
    Apparently the UK’s biggest singles seller of the 80’s with 33 top 40 hit singles in the 80’s.

Did anybody on here know him?
    A lifelong Cardiff City fan according to Wikipedia.

Re: Shakin Stevens

know him? are you having a laugh. We were always having a shakin with stevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I find myself again swimming in the warm waters of nostalgia of Christmases from my youth.

Even though I remember Shakin Stevens being ever present in the charts back then, I had no idea of how commercially popular he was.
    Apparently the UK’s biggest singles seller of the 80’s with 33 top 40 hit singles in the 80’s.

Did anybody on here know him?
    A lifelong Cardiff City fan according to Wikipedia.
    He lived next door to my mother in Marcross rd, Ely. Rough as **** these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He lived next door to my mother in Marcross rd, Ely. Rough as **** these days.
    What was he like, like?

They are/were a huge family and we lived next door to his brother through the height of his fame. He used to visit his brother occasionally when he was a big star and I used to make sure anything but Shakey was played pretty loud in our house during those times (in my "cool" NME reader way, I thought of him as a sell out). His brother was a decent bloke, but, I never once met Shakey, so have no idea what he was like.

Noticed his Christmas record was on Doctor Who last night.

A 2nd ish cousin to my sisters best friend ��

I believe his house wasn't in a particularly good condition, but had a green door.

I thought this would be etched on everybody's mine.
    15 December 2015.
    Shaky's masterful re-work of a Christmas Classic - and support of the Salvation Army at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I believe his house wasn't in a particularly good condition, but had a green door.
    🥱
    You drive me crazy

Shaky was a far, far better artist when he was with the Sunsets than as a solo artist. The Sunsets always put on a damn good live how. The same as the other South Wales Rock n' Roll revivalists, Crazy Cavan and the Rhythm Rockers.

For an awful moment, I thought this was going to be an RIP thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    For an awful moment, I thought this was going to be an RIP thread.....
    I thought he was in the squad for today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Shaky was a far, far better artist when he was with the Sunsets than as a solo artist. The Sunsets always put on a damn good live how. The same as the other South Wales Rock n' Roll revivalists, Crazy Cavan and the Rhythm Rockers.
    I always thought he was from Penarth. But it seems The Sunsets were a Penarth based band that he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I thought he was in the squad for today!
    You may well Jest, Shaky made quite a few appearances for Fulchester United, alongside the fabled Billy The Fish. Going by our historic recruitment process and scouting network and Shaky being a local lad, there's every chance of seeing him in the famous Blue shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    What was he like, like?
    According to my mother, he fancied himself a bit. Although that confidence served him well. My mother had nine brothers so he knocked around with them a fair bit.

You may well Jest, Shaky made quite a few appearances for Fulchester United, alongside the fabled Billy The Fish. Going by our historic recruitment process and scouting network and Shaky being a local lad, there's every chance of seeing him in the famous Blue shirt.
    I remember him turning out for Fulchester United, but, if he was anything like his brother, he was more into rugby.

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own, he's one of our own, Shakin' Stevens he's one of our own". Yep! I can just see that being sung in the Canton End, as Shaky makes a sub appearance in the 2nd half....

His latest album wasn’t too bad. Getting a bit political with this single from that album https://youtu.be/x_Ffa5oba-E?feature=shared

So is a City fan or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So is a City fan or not ?
    Are you sure you arent confusing him with Peter Schofield who was rumoured to be a Cardiff fan

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Are you sure you arent confusing him with Peter Schofield who was rumoured to be a Cardiff fan
    Phillip Schofield ?

I would have thought if a working class boy from Ely was into football he would be a city fan but this is cardiff so probably not

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Phillip Schofield ?

I would have thought if a working class boy from Ely was into football he would be a city fan but this is cardiff so probably not
    Not my words, the words of Shakin Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Not my words, the words of Shakin Stevens
    TV Quick

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I always thought he was from Penarth. But it seems The Sunsets were a Penarth based band that he joined.
    I remember seeing them at what was the college in Llandaff. The sight of the Teddy boys dancing on the lid of the grand piano must have given the music lecturers a fit or two.

Ely boy to his core