+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Top of my list would be
    Bowler
    Ugbo
    Robinson
    Sawyers
    Rinomhota
    Campbell

Although there’s probably a case for sending Panzo and Runnersson back as well

If we do get the six in, we need, a forward, two centre midfielders, a winger a LB (maybe Bagan)?and another centre half

Let’s hope we can get some of the deals done early in January

Re: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Agree with the last three, keep the others as squad players.

If anyone's willing to give us money for Robinson then we should let him go imo

Ugbo is our joint top scorer, Robinson and bowler should be two of our better players. We probably aren't going to replace them with better being realistic. Need to get more from them though

I'd agree also on the last three.

Not sure we can spare anyone else.

Seems unlikely we would get 6 in, perhaps a bit wishful from Bulut.

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Top of my list would be
    Bowler
    Ugbo
    Robinson
    Sawyers
    Rinomhota
    Campbell

If we do get the six in, we need, a forward, two centre midfielders, a winger a LB (maybe Bagan)?and another centre half

Three regulars, I doubt it.
    Bowler
    Ugbo
    Robinson

I doubt we will sign more than four and one will probably be a left back and kieffer.

Rinomhota & Robinson sell both have credit in this league so should bolster any sqaud

Campbell & Sawyers amicable parting (pay off)

Tanner loaned to L2 and my controversial one Colwell loaned to a promotion-chasing L1 team . My rationale he needs to be in a team on the front foot to see what he can do and then make a decision in the summer

Robinson is the one player (possibly apart from Colwill) in our midfield or forwards who consistently looks to go forward and make something happen when he gets the ball. The others all have a tendency to go backwards or sideway first and play it ‘safe’. As such, no way should he go. Last season, until injured, he was one of our best players and this year he was injured at the start and thereafter has had to adapt to a new style of play, mostly whilst being played out of position. He is a forward, not a number 10 or midfielder and is probably the best finisher out of Etete, Meite or Grant. He would benefit most out of Ramseys return, if playing in front of him.

Am I missing something here? No-one has mentioned Méïté as being the priority to offload. To me, he's a total waste of space.

But Bulut has had many chances to play him (or grant) up top but it looks like he likes a lot of meat as a target man

A new midfield. Slow, ponderous, pedestrian, predictable, even when they look like they're being productive. It's been a problem for years.

Robinson , Etete , Miete , Ugbo

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Rinomhota & Robinson sell both have credit in this league so should bolster any sqaud

Tanner loaned to L2 and my controversial one Colwell loaned to a promotion-chasing L1 team . My rationale he needs to be in a team on the front foot to see what he can do and then make a decision in the summer
    Do we have anymore requests for Rubin Colwill in order to show us all what a good footballer he is? I'd say that he's doing alright at the moment, he's progressing, it's slow, but it's progress.

If we sold Robinson and loaned Colwill then Ramsey would be our only attacking midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If we sold Robinson and loaned Colwill then Ramsey would be our only attacking midfielder

I am assuming that at least one of the incomings would be a starting 10. Rambo isn't reliable Robinson isn't a midfielder and I just don't think EB is convinced with Colwill.

It looks like EB is wed to 4231 and I think the two sitters get unwarranted flak for their dourness but they are there to protect, its the top 4 that lacks any ingenuity or guile.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Top of my list would be
    Bowler
    Ugbo
    Robinson
    Sawyers
    Rinomhota
    Campbell

I doubt we’re able to send the loans back - not without losing a ton of money anyway

Ugbo, Tanner, Romeo, Adams, the bloke who is supposed to be a goalkeeper from Arsenal, Sawyers, . Do I have to stop at 6?

Adams, Rino, Sawyers, Campbell (not that anyone will take him).

Personally keep Bowler, when we hopefully pick up some form I think he might be of use. Robinson I’m 50/50 on depending if we can bring in better.

even if we bring in 6 we would still be very unlikely to be promoted this season, we will still have a weaker squad than Leicester, Leeds and Southampton probably and maybe a few others.
    if we are going to be mid table or maybe scraping the playoffs then I'd rather give as much time to the younger players to set them up for seasons to come rather than sign a load of 29 year olds .
    unless of course some no brainer signings are available

COLWILL

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    even if we bring in 6 we would still be very unlikely to be promoted this season, we will still have a weaker squad than Leicester, Leeds and Southampton probably and maybe a few others.
    if we are going to be mid table or maybe scraping the playoffs then I'd rather give as much time to the younger players to set them up for seasons to come rather than sign a load of 29 year olds .
    Strongest squad doesn’t always go up, I think a few key signings give this team a totally new dynamic.

My guess is we won’t be able to get rid of any of them and won’t be able to bring in many either.

I cannot see any offers coming in for any of our players so it’s either paying them off in a structured deal or loaning them on probably unfavourable terms.

If we get 6 players I will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Does anyone genuinely believe our squad is anything other than bottom half fodder?

If we finish top 6 it will be a miricle

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Does anyone genuinely believe our squad is anything other than bottom half fodder?

If we finish top 6 it will be a miricle
    The starters and one or two others are probably around mid table standard, there's a sharp drop off once you get beyond our best 13 or 14 players

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Strongest squad doesn’t always go up, I think a few key signings give this team a totally new dynamic.
    Certainly true of us when we were promoted under Warnock.

I think Sawyers, Rino and Adams will go. I’d sell Robinson and Wintle if we can get money, and can replace them. Neither fit in with what Bulut wants, and I don’t think either are helping us.

A striker, 2 centre mids and a left back, please. I’ve still got faith in Bowler, he’s being held back by our midfield and our strikers. I’d also keep Grant, he’s been our most effective attacker for some time.