+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Re: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.
    The were lots on here that complained about his work rate and tackling. Even though he was genius on the ball. I'm pretty sure he was referred to as "a luxury player"

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The were lots on here that complained about his work rate and tackling. Even though he was genius on the ball. I'm pretty sure he was referred to as "a luxury player"
    Yes people have said, I honestly never heard anyone say it.

Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.
    I remember in the summer of 2008 there was quite a bit of talk amongst City fans about whether he should be kept. At the time he did divide fans, some felt he was a luxury who disappeared for games on end. In 2007/08 he spent half of the season on the bench. After that, we saw what quality he showed.

I remember some suggesting he needed resting when we won promotion under Malky and he was finally rested when promotion was won. Some also thought he'd had his day during his last season, I include myself in that. It was sad to see a legend whose legs were going.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember in the summer of 2008 there was quite a bit of talk amongst City fans about whether he should be kept. At the time he did divide fans, some felt he was a luxury who disappeared for games on end. In 2007/08 he spent half of the season on the bench. After that, we saw what quality he showed.

I remember some suggesting he needed resting when we won promotion under Malky and he was finally rested when promotion was won. Some also thought he'd had his day during his last season, I include myself in that. It was sad to see a legend whose legs were going.
    Towards the end yes sometimes he should play and sometimes he shouldn’t, I thought he left the right time. But even if he struggled towards the end or people debated if he should or should not be playing I still think people rated him.

Towards the end yes sometimes he should play and sometimes he shouldn’t, I thought he left the right time. But even if he struggled towards the end or people debated if he should or should not be playing I still think people rated him.
    I know a few who didn't, particularly under Malky and after.

Most think he was a very good Championship level player but I think the Premiership year under Malky was when he started to fade.

Some great memories but no one lasts for ever and I think it was a shame he went to Blackburn when he was past his best.

Based on tonight it's not Colwill that needs to be sent out of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A new midfield. Slow, ponderous, pedestrian, predictable, even when they look like they're being productive. It's been a problem for years.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Based on tonight it's not Colwill that needs to be sent out of the club
    Colwill was the sole spark of creativity - and he is learning not to fritter away possession as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Colwill was the sole spark of creativity - and he is learning not to fritter away possession as much.
    He (and to a lesser extent Tanner) were the only two positives