+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Re: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Is it worth mentioning that we've got a £15k a week wage cap? I'm not under the impression that would be broken for the right player, especially if Ramsey is earning that.

whatever we sign they won't be an improvement on what we already have

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think Sawyers, Rino and Adams will go. I’d sell Robinson and Wintle if we can get money, and can replace them. Neither fit in with what Bulut wants, and I don’t think either are helping us.

A striker, 2 centre mids and a left back, please. I’ve still got faith in Bowler, he’s being held back by our midfield and our strikers. I’d also keep Grant, he’s been our most effective attacker for some time.
    I would be amazed if a no10 didn’t come in, it’s to important to how Bulut wants to play and sadly Robinson and Colwill haven’t got it consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I would be amazed if a no10 didn’t come in, it’s to important to how Bulut wants to play and sadly Robinson and Colwill haven’t got it consistently.
    If Colwill plays like he has recently, a 10 won’t be required. I’d play Tanner on the right with Colwill, too. They understand each other’s games which is more than can be said for some of the others.

If Colwill plays like he has recently, a 10 won’t be required. I’d play Tanner on the right with Colwill, too. They understand each other’s games which is more than can be said for some of the others.
    I agree and I'd give them game time.

I feel that Bulut chops and changes things too often in an attacking sense for players to learn how to play with each other. We never had this many attacking players when Dave Jones was manager, but by playing the same players together as often as possible, they learned how to work together.

I don’t see it with Colwill, to limited to hot and cold, either in the game or not and doesn’t do enough when he’s not. I wanted him to go out on loan at the start of the season to come back flying in January and still wish he did, he needs regular games and I just don’t see it here yet. I think Bulut will see a 10 as a priority if he can get the right guy and I think it will make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I feel that Bulut chops and changes things too often in an attacking sense for players to learn how to play with each other. We never had this many attacking players when Dave Jones was manager, but by playing the same players together as often as possible, they learned how to work together.
    Jones had Bothroyd, Chopra, McCormack, Burke and Whitts. I don't think its a great mystery how they worked out how to play well

Tend to agree, not sure of Buluts preferred front 4 but not sure we have had them all for for any kind of time. Probably only Grant consistently fit this season.

Wish we had player like Boothroyd now, he would a lot in perfectly,

Jones had Bothroyd, Chopra, McCormack, Burke and Whitts. I don't think its a great mystery how they worked out how to play well
    I get that, but we didn't have all the forward players we have vying for places, where one poor performance put you on the bench, so you can't work at partnerships etc.

Tend to agree, not sure of Buluts preferred front 4 but not sure we have had them all for for any kind of time. Probably only Grant consistently fit this season.

Wish we had player like Boothroyd now, he would a lot in perfectly,
    Bothroyd would be too good for us!!

Bothroyd would be too good for us!!
    He always was.

All of them out and sign anyone we can get. It’s almost the end of December and we’re already 2 points adrift of the playoffs

Jones had a superb squad

Hopeless idiot

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    All of them out and sign anyone we can get. It’s almost the end of December and we’re already 2 points adrift of the playoffs
    Christ

A light in the dark

I bet the same people who want Colwill out are the same ones who didn't rate Whittingham FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If anyone's willing to give us money for Robinson then we should let him go imo
    I can't see anybody in the championship taking him

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I can't see anybody in the championship taking him
    Well, no one in League One is going to be able to afford him. I can't see any Championship clubs paying a fee for him in January, however, I could see a struggling club, such as Huddersfield, Millwall, or QPR taking him on loan for the remainder of the season with a view to buy if they stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I bet the same people who want Colwill out are the same ones who didn't rate Whittingham FFS.
    Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.

Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.
    There were certainly people who didn't rate him when he was first playing for us, and some even right the way through his time with us. Same with McPhail

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Bulut has stated in the press, that he wants 6 players coming in during the January transfer window.
    So it stands to reason that the books will have to be balanced.
    Otherwise we risk further losses and FFP issues

No one is disputing that we are in a much better position than most people thought we would be, I doubt anyone is calling for Buluts head, he’s doing a very good job under the circumstances

However it can’t have escaped anyone’s attention that there are players who either haven’t performed, lived up to expectations or just don’t fit in with the manager’s plans.

So if six are coming in, then obviously there will be some leaving

Or we end up with a squad of 142 players (or so it seemed )like we did under Solskaer

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    whatever we sign they won't be an improvement on what we already have
    What a strange comment to make. What makes you come to this conclusion? Whoever comes in will surely be an improvement on Sawyers, Rinomhota and Campbell.

There were certainly people who didn't rate him when he was first playing for us, and some even right the way through his time with us. Same with McPhail
    Weirdos lol.

Yeah a lot of people didn’t like McPhail, never heard anyone say anything about Whitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    What a strange comment to make. What makes you come to this conclusion? Whoever comes in will surely be an improvement on Sawyers, Rinomhota and Campbell.
    Campbell looks okay, apart from the fact he can’t control or pass the ball, has no positional awareness or ability

Two training cones would be an upgrade on him

Those fans are thick as shit though and their opinion shouldn't be taken seriously, ever. If anyone thought that whitts wasn't very good then it says more about them than the player. We have a fair few cretins