+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I'd ship bowler back to forest
    He’s hopeless IMO and if sending him back is an option, go for it

About as we expected, better than some thought, still disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Andy Campbell, got love him but some of the gash he’s come out with tonight!

The game is tighter than the result says apparently

There’s optimistic and there’s AC
    Leicester won that game easily, they managed it with a cigar in one hand. i'm not going to be that critical though, they're levels above us.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Andy Campbell, got love him but some of the gash he’s come out with tonight!

The game is tighter than the result says apparently

There’s optimistic and there’s AC
    Boring, boring commentary praising Leicester repeatedly and Campbell saying the same thing over and over again.

They are far better than us so not unexpected for us to lose.

My frustration is that we were so passive for 50 minutes.

Positives:

Thought Ng and Goutas played well.

Colwill and Tanner had a go when they came on and looked good against really good opposition.

Negatives:

Bowler is utter wank. Send him back.

Collins has gone miles backwards. No confidence going forward.

Robinson is utter shite. Can't pass a ball and then didn't want to get involved once moved back outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Leicester won that game easily, they managed it with a cigar in one hand. i'm not going to be that critical though, they're levels above us.
    Agree they are a level above us and expectations were low but the starting eleven was a poor choice from Bulit.
    Colwill had his best game for City (in my opinion) in the last game against Plymouth and is then dropped for the next game.
    Midfield was far too defensive which seems to dictate our playing style lately.
    If there is another senior midfield player coming in forJanuary, with the return of Ramsey, I think Colwill should be looking to move on in the summer

Leicester are very good but we didn’t have a go at them, we pass the ball way too slowly and sometimes we press and sometimes we don’t and very rarely all at the same time which renders it completely ineffective ( there was an incident in the first half where Wintle was shouting at his teammates as he pressed and the others backed off!).

At least we could have had a go , seems we were just trying to keep the score down but it still could easily have been 4-0 to them

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree they are a level above us and expectations were low but the starting eleven was a poor choice from Bulit.
    Colwill had his best game for City (in my opinion) in the last game against Plymouth and is then dropped for the next game.
    Midfield was far too defensive which seems to dictate our playing style lately.
    If there is another senior midfield player coming in forJanuary, with the return of Ramsey, I think Colwill should be looking to move on in the summer
    I really don't know what to make of it. I sort of understand what Bulut was attempting to do, two defensive banks sitting in, allowing Leicester the possession and then hope we scrape something from a set piece etc. It nearly happened with the Etete opportunity, a scruffy chance like that was all we could hope for. If we had opened up early them i think that Leicester would have cut us open with ease.

When Tanner and Colwill came on the game was over, we had to get higher up the pitch, not a problem for leicester, they allowed us to have the ball as they knew we'd lose it, and they'd hit us with pace on the break, which they did, and they could have had three or four more in the 2nd half. Personally, i don't think that there was anything Bulut could have done against this Leicester side with the players we have. Just my opinion though

Don't think we learned anything new tonight and neither did they. Move on. It could have been worse.

If anyone thought we would get something from this match then they are more deluded than a Maga supporter

They’re the best side I’ve ever seen at this level. I get what he was trying to do but insisting on passing it out when they’ve got 4/5 shutting down the angles was mental. We should have had more of a go, and Colwill has to play. While Ramsey is injured, he’s the first name on the teamsheet. It’s that simple, he can play football, the others can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re the best side I’ve ever seen at this level. I get what he was trying to do but insisting on passing it out when they’ve got 4/5 shutting down the angles was mental. We should have had more of a go, and Colwill has to play. While Ramsey is injured, he’s the first name on the teamsheet. It’s that simple, he can play football, the others can’t.
    Absolutely. What I don't understand is that Bulut was quite happy to give Rambo lots of freedom in the middle, yet won't afford the same to Colwill.

Press this lot and it'll be 5-0
    Thank goodness someone else can see it!

Get into them.....and they avoid you and have even more space. They are just a very good side. I thought we generally did ok tonight, though Bowler and Robinson in particular had dreadful games and looked as though they didn't want to be there.

Hats off to Goutas and NG.

Onwards and upwards!

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Beaten by a far better side, although it would have been nice to put up a better display. If QPR can hold Ipswich surely we could have done a bit better.

I really think that Warnock's style would have rattled Leicester. We were too passive and passing out from the back when we haven't the players to do it, was a recipe for disaster.

Nothing to take from that. We didn’t embarrass ourselves, they were in every single area of the game superior and probably the best team this division has ever seen.

No harm done really, would’ve preferred a few players got rested if anything.

Onto a winnable game on NYD.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I really think that Warnock's style would have rattled Leicester. We were too passive and passing out from the back when we haven't the players to do it, was a recipe for disaster.
    Warnock's style, with Manga, Bamba, Peltier, Morisson, Bennett, Gunnarson, Bryson, Grujic, NML, Hoilett, Zahore, Ward. Makes your mouth water doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Nothing to take from that. We didn’t embarrass ourselves, they were in every single area of the game superior and probably the best team this division has ever seen.

No harm done really, would’ve preferred a few players got rested if anything.

Onto a winnable game on NYD.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Thank goodness someone else can see it!

Get into them.....and they avoid you and have even more space. They are just a very good side. I thought we generally did ok tonight, though Bowler and Robinson in particular had dreadful games and looked as though they didn't want to be there.

Hats off to Goutas and NG.

Onwards and upwards!

If we had 'Come out to play' then things could have got real messy. Their first goal was a balls up and their 2nd a brilliant strike from 25 yards. Leicester didn't really play through us that often, stretched us, but didn't play through us or get in behind. Not that it mattered, they are that good that they have several ways to win a game

The mindset at City makes them almost unwatchable. If this was a one off you’d say ok, fair enough we’re trying to contain a good side. But it isn’t, we are just as likely to play in this passive, slow, negative fashion on Monday at struggling QPR.

If we had 'Come out to play' then things could have got real messy. Their first goal was a balls up and their 2nd a brilliant strike from 25 yards. Leicester didn't really play through us that often, stretched us, but didn't play through us or get in behind. Not that it mattered, they are that good that they have several ways to win a game
    An average side on a poor run of form against a runaway leader with quality ?

No shame in losing , they will hammer plenty of better sides before May

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    An average side on a poor run of form against a runaway leader with quality ?

No shame in losing , they will hammer plenty of better sides before May
    I remember 2005 playing Reading at home. It was a midweek game. They ended up with over 100 points and scored 5 at Ninian Park that night. That was a lesson!

Spot on and Colwill's only getting better.

A far better team who really should never have been relegated, no disgrace in losing 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember 2005 playing Reading at home. It was a midweek game. They ended up with over 100 points and scored 5 at Ninian Park that night. That was a lesson!
    They also put 5 past us at their place. Very good side.