+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Leicester won that game easily, they managed it with a cigar in one hand. i'm not going to be that critical though, they're levels above us.
    Agree they are a level above us and expectations were low but the starting eleven was a poor choice from Bulit.
    Colwill had his best game for City (in my opinion) in the last game against Plymouth and is then dropped for the next game.
    Midfield was far too defensive which seems to dictate our playing style lately.
    If there is another senior midfield player coming in forJanuary, with the return of Ramsey, I think Colwill should be looking to move on in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Agree they are a level above us and expectations were low but the starting eleven was a poor choice from Bulit.
    Colwill had his best game for City (in my opinion) in the last game against Plymouth and is then dropped for the next game.
    Midfield was far too defensive which seems to dictate our playing style lately.
    If there is another senior midfield player coming in forJanuary, with the return of Ramsey, I think Colwill should be looking to move on in the summer
    I really don't know what to make of it. I sort of understand what Bulut was attempting to do, two defensive banks sitting in, allowing Leicester the possession and then hope we scrape something from a set piece etc. It nearly happened with the Etete opportunity, a scruffy chance like that was all we could hope for. If we had opened up early them i think that Leicester would have cut us open with ease.

When Tanner and Colwill came on the game was over, we had to get higher up the pitch, not a problem for leicester, they allowed us to have the ball as they knew we'd lose it, and they'd hit us with pace on the break, which they did, and they could have had three or four more in the 2nd half. Personally, i don't think that there was anything Bulut could have done against this Leicester side with the players we have. Just my opinion though

They’re the best side I’ve ever seen at this level. I get what he was trying to do but insisting on passing it out when they’ve got 4/5 shutting down the angles was mental. We should have had more of a go, and Colwill has to play. While Ramsey is injured, he’s the first name on the teamsheet. It’s that simple, he can play football, the others can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re the best side I’ve ever seen at this level. I get what he was trying to do but insisting on passing it out when they’ve got 4/5 shutting down the angles was mental. We should have had more of a go, and Colwill has to play. While Ramsey is injured, he’s the first name on the teamsheet. It’s that simple, he can play football, the others can’t.
    Absolutely. What I don't understand is that Bulut was quite happy to give Rambo lots of freedom in the middle, yet won't afford the same to Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’re the best side I’ve ever seen at this level. I get what he was trying to do but insisting on passing it out when they’ve got 4/5 shutting down the angles was mental.
    This. We shouldn't have viewed it as a league game, they are a division better than us. Treat it like an FA cup game against higher league opposition. We were never going to pass through a team that so obviously outmatched us, so why we kept resetting to the center backs and passing out from the back was daft really and that was apparent after about 10 mins.

Leicester were excellent. Dewsbury-hall was in acres of space whenever they had the ball, he was an absolute nightmare. And winks was clinical too. Their pressing was brutal. But they were quality on the ball all over the pitch- if we'd tried to press like that, it could have been 5-0. Which from2-0 down isn't really an issue, but I get why we stood off them from the start.