+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Club suing Willie McKay

Re: Club suing Willie McKay

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    You seem to have forgotten about Sturgeon and Drakefords WhatsApp messages going missing as well....
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    The insurance payout is not in the public domain. The insurer was relying on the contract requiring a written schedule of risks covered (which at the time of the incident did not include Sala), while the club were relying on "custom and practice" being to update the schedule or make additions on the next (or within a few) working days of any change. Further, the contract almost certainly includes an upper limit for incoming transfers without requiring specific underwriting.
    Not knowing anything at all about the contract I would guess there was a £10m upper limit and the settlement has been around half due to both parties having a reasonable case for their position. So probably 5 to 7 million as a settlement.
    Interesting take. Is there any evidence to back it up?

My understanding from all the words written and spoken on this case is that there was no insurance pay out. There was no insurance cover for Emiliano Sala, although the club claimed they were led to believe this would be in place automatically. That was the focus of the successful negligence claim by the club against the insurance brokers (who did not provide any cover themselves - they acted as expert insurance consultants for the club and did a lousy and lazy job).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting take. Is there any evidence to back it up?

My understanding from all the words written and spoken on this case is that there was no insurance pay out. There was no insurance cover for Emiliano Sala, although the club claimed they were led to believe this would be in place automatically. That was the focus of the successful negligence claim by the club against the insurance brokers (who did not provide any cover themselves - they acted as expert insurance consultants for the club and did a lousy and lazy job).
    There was an out of court settlement of the insurance claim against the insurer. The insurer is a Lloyds market broker and insurer.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    A regulated fan organisation it may be , however it only represents about 4% of its fan base. Unless you use this site ( which appears be around 50 regular users) around 95% of the remaining fans wouldn’t have a clue about the statements.

Updates should also come directly from the clubs PR department.
    Well that's tough then isn't it

A regulated fan organisation it may be , however it only represents about 4% of its fan base. Unless you use this site ( which appears be around 50 regular users) around 95% of the remaining fans wouldn’t have a clue about the statements.

Updates should also come directly from the clubs PR department.
    If the fans can't be bothered to join regulated and recognised fan groups ......then they either set up something else or moan till the cows come home

It's 2023

If the fans groups are there and 95 percent of the fans don't join then I say let them carry on moaning or organise something and see how If goes

Generally a hopeless bunch cardiff fans , it's always been the same

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    There was an out of court settlement of the insurance claim against the insurer. The insurer is a Lloyds market broker and insurer.
    I think you have got that wrong.

The settlement was with Miller Insurance Services LLP for professional negligence in their role as insurance advisor or consultant to Cardiff City. They were not the insurance company that should have insured Sala if all the necessary steps had been taken. They were not there to provide insurance - they were there to guide Cardiff City FC through all key insurance matters affecting the club.

The insurance claim wasn't settled. The claim of the club against their insurance broker (responsible for advising the club) was settled.

If I have got that wrong I apologise - but I am pretty sure that is right.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...alance%20sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well that's tough then isn't it
    It’s probably too hard on you considering you don’t hold a season ticket or go to many games and have active account on here, but to many of my friends who support the City they don’t want to join the Trust or use this platform, so don’t you think that they are entitled enough to know what is going on ?

That’s how bullshit starts - through unofficial sources.

It’s probably too hard on you considering you don’t hold a season ticket or go to many games and have active account on here, but to many of my friends who support the City they don’t want to join the Trust or use this platform.
    If fans want fan representation join the trust

Or if they want better fan representation form a better trust

Simple really

If fans want fan representation join the trust

Or if they want better fan representation form a better trust

Simple really
    They don’t want to , neither do 95% of the fanbase and with comments like yours they are unlikely to do so.

It’s probably too hard on you considering you don’t hold a season ticket or go to many games and have active account on here, but to many of my friends who support the City they don’t want to join the Trust or use this platform, so don’t you think that they are entitled enough to know what is going on ?

That’s how bullshit starts - through unofficial sources.
    If you don't want bullshit elect a fan rep

If he's crap , sack him

That's how things work

If you want fan representation , if you want the club to tell us what's going on then you have the opportunity to join the Trust

If you or your friends don't want to join the Trust but want to know what's going on then I really can't help sorry

Maybe form a better fans group which I am sure could replace the trust if it's better than what we have ?

But the days of shouting and demanding to know everything about everything just because someone has a season ticket or does 20 aways a season are long gone

It's a simple choice

They don’t want to , neither do 95% of the fanbase and with comments like yours they are unlikely to do so.
    Do you pair have to derail every thread you’re involved in? DM each other it’s getting tedious now.

Well tough luck then

Read Wales Online

If the fans can't be bothered to join regulated and recognised fan groups ......then they either set up something else or moan till the cows come home

It's 2023

If the fans groups are there and 95 percent of the fans don't join then I say let them carry on moaning or organise something and see how If goes

Generally a hopeless bunch cardiff fans , it's always been the same
    Erm ......it’s 2024 actually

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm ......it’s 2024 actually
    Don't come that with me