+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New sigings next week?

Re: New sigings next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’d welcome a solution. IPad using Chrome. No ad blockers available for this combination according to t’internet. I have Adblock+ loaded and a couple of others.
    I'm using AdGuard on the 'new' iPad but I use it with Safari. No ads.

Just opened Wales Online via Chrome and there was a top and side public information banner (on sexual harassment reporting) but no adverts. That didn't appear on Safari. But it was not intrusive - and not what Bluetit is complaining about.

AdGuard seems to work fine - although it may depend on what age/generation of iPad you have.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Just opened Wales Online via Chrome and there was a top and side public information banner (on sexual harassment reporting) but no adverts. That didn't appear on Safari. But it was not intrusive - and not what Bluetit is complaining about.

AdGuard seems to work fine - although it may depend on what age/generation of iPad you have.
    Me, complain ?????????
    I’ve never moaned in my life

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-news-28381940

Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bakasetas replacement deal lined up and Bluebirds braced for update

Bakasetas replacement deal lined up
    Trabzonspor are lining up Legia Warsaw midfielder Bartosz Slisz to replace Anastasios Bakasetas, who they expect to leave the club this month.

Cardiff have long been linked with the midfielder, who is attracting plenty of attention from other clubs. Fatih Terim, who has taken over as head coach of Panathinaikos, has expressed an interest in the Greek star, according to Skorer.

They state that if an official offer is received for Bakasetas then a "parting of ways" may occur.

They have turned to former target Slisz to replace him should that happen. They have already scouted him but have competition, with Serie A clubs Atalanta and Lecce also keen on him.

Cardiff are keen to bolster their midfield ranks this month.

Bluebirds braced for Grant news
    Cardiff are anxiously waiting for news on Karlan Grant, who underwent scans at hospital yesterday.

The attacker injured his hamstring in the defeat to Leicester City on Boxing Day, and in truth it didn't look good for the on-loan man, with Erol Bulut mentioning the word "rupture" at the time.

A scan was carried was carried out yesterday to discover the severity of the damage. Now Cardiff wait.

After QPR, Bulut said of Grant: "Tomorrow we will have the scan, because the hospitals have been closed, so we couldn't get a scan. So it will be tomorrow. I will know more what he has.

"I hope it is not something serious because, OK, it is January, we will try to make some transfers, but we need these players to come back quickly."

Lawrence handed Pools job
    Former Cardiff boss Lennie Lawrence has been handed the reins at Hartlepool United.

The veteran manager has taken over on an interim basis following the sacking of John Askey on December 30.

n a statement, Pools said: "Lennie Lawrence has been named as caretaker manager ahead of Saturday’s home fixture against Oxford City.

"The former Charlton, Middlesbrough and Luton boss will be assisted by first-team coach Antony Sweeney." Lawrence, 76, joined the club as a non-executive director in November 2022.

Purse's reflections
    Under-21s manager Darren Purse has reflected on the last 12 months for him and his side. He says his main goal in 2024 is getting some of the lads out on loan to experience men's football.

It's been a transitional year for Purse and his charges.

“2023 was exactly what it should be for the U21 side, which is a development year," he said. "We are a very young side, especially with the long-term injuries we’ve had for some of our more experienced players, which gave a lot of our younger boys an opportunity to get plenty of really good minutes with the U21s. We looked to finish the year really well in the last few games, while getting minutes into the boys who have been coming back from injury.

“The thing I’m most looking forward to in 2024 is for some of the lads to get out on loan and see how good they are at playing men’s football, continuing both their learning journey and adapting their game further. That’s the thing that I’m really looking forward to, as well as looking at the second year scholars who will be stepping up to play with us as they aim to continue with professional contracts at this football club.”

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Well I didn’t know that lol. I’ve had an advert every time I click on something on here and now it’s gone thanks to that Adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Well I didn’t know that lol. I’ve had an advert every time I click on something on here and now it’s gone thanks to that Adblock.
    The clue is in the name

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The clue is in the name
    It is lol.

I just never knew if I could trust them or what ones to use.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It is lol.

I just never knew if I could trust them or what ones to use.
    I'm the same as you

I've got adblock on my phone but I still can't load Wales online on my chrome android device without getting swamped with adverts

Try setting up the adguard DNS on your device. On Android it's pretty straight forward https://www.croma.com/unboxed/how-to...oid-smartphone

Link for iphone as well https://adguard.com/en/blog/encrypted-dns-ios-14.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzlebluebirds View Post
    Try setting up the adguard DNS on your device. On Android it's pretty straight forward https://www.croma.com/unboxed/how-to...oid-smartphone

Link for iphone as well https://adguard.com/en/blog/encrypted-dns-ios-14.html
    The only thing with this is, as it states...
    "Via this method, you will not be able to redeem the space occupied in some apps. However, you will see these tiles blank now"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The only thing with this is, as it states...
    "Via this method, you will not be able to redeem the space occupied in some apps. However, you will see these tiles blank now"
    This is true, as you don't get cosmetic filtering, but I think that it's not as bad as being bombarded by ads, easy enough to scroll down a bit further on the page and it's easy to remove if you don't like it. It's also the only thing that will work outside of safari in ios. For Android, the more elegant solution would be to use Firefox with Ublock Origin, which I have on my work phone.