+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All so predictable as Cardiff brushed aside by Champions elect.

All so predictable as Cardiff brushed aside by Champions elect.

Cardiff in desperate need for reinforcements as they drop into bottom half of the table.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: All so predictable as Cardiff brushed aside by Champions elect.

'Desperate' is so very true. Each time I begin to type a comment regarding the skill and ability of this City squad I find myself searching for the wrong kind of superlatives.

As poor as it was I don't think we could have done any better with what we have.
    I also thought if we had become any kind of threat to them they would have just got out of 2nd gear.

Almost the first time Cardiff had an attack at pace Harry Winks pulled the Cardiff player back (Grant I think). This was just inside the Cardiff half. I was surprised that Winks was not booked. Within about 30 seconds the ball was in Cardiff's net following Cardiff losing possession straight away.

I thought Winks was booked in the second half, but from the reports it appears not.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    As poor as it was I don't think we could have done any better with what we have.
    I also thought if we had become any kind of threat to them they would have just got out of 2nd gear.
    What the game clearly showed, we are 11 players short of promotion quality. A fair reflection of the disparity between to two teams would've been 4 or 5 nil. It's no shock in many of games our keeper has been man of the match. This is the worst squad of players in football ability I've witnessed since our division 4 and 3 days! We need Ramsey back urgently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    What the game clearly showed, we are 11 players short of promotion quality. A fair reflection of the disparity between to two teams would've been 4 or 5 nil. It's no shock in many of games our keeper has been man of the match. This is the worst squad of players in football ability I've witnessed since our division 4 and 3 days! We need Ramsey back urgently.
    It’s not just ability, we have players who appear to lack any bottle, or in Robinsons case any interest in even trying to get involved.

Reminds me of an old boss of mine from years ago, when he was asked how disappointing it was when people finished up and moved on to a different job.

He responded that he could deal with that, it was worse having people there who had Quit and stayed as he put it.

I hope we can move Robinson on in January, along with sending Bowler back to Forest

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    It’s not just ability, we have players who appear to lack any bottle, or in Robinsons case any interest in even trying to get involved.

Reminds me of an old boss of mine from years ago, when he was asked how disappointing it was when people finished up and moved on to a different job.

He responded that he could deal with that, it was worse having people there who had Quit and stayed as he put it.

I hope we can move Robinson on in January, along with sending Bowler back to Forest
    Robinson is gone, i don't know what has happened to him, although as it stands he can't even control the ball.

Nah we ain't that bad 4 or 5 in Jan could get us to the play offs
    Another 4 or 5 in the summer and we could have a good crack at it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

Robinson , Bowler , Ugbo all need to be hooked

I would be surprised if Ramsey is going to be offering much after another spell out

I think people need to be realistic about him and odowda

We need to be signing players to cover them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would be surprised if Ramsey is going to be offering much after another spell out

I think people need to be realistic about him and odowda

We need to be signing players to cover them
    If I was Bulut I'd give Colwill that role when Ramsey is unavailable. I have a hunch that Colwill would respond in a big way to being trusted to do a job. I've mentioned elsewhere that I reckon Bulut doesn't give Rambo a kick up the backside if he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, so why do that publically with Colwill? Colwill could do with some confidence.

The legend that is Peter Whittingham was mentioned the other day. I reckon that one of Dave Jones's masterstrokes was to put him on penalty duties. Scoring goals gave him more and more confidence and I believe that one decision helped Whitts enormously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If I was Bulut I'd give Colwill that role when Ramsey is unavailable. I have a hunch that Colwill would respond in a big way to being trusted to do a job. I've mentioned elsewhere that I reckon Bulut doesn't give Rambo a kick up the backside if he doesn't work hard enough off the ball, so why do that publically with Colwill? Colwill could do with some confidence.

The legend that is Peter Whittingham was mentioned the other day. I reckon that one of Dave Jones's masterstrokes was to put him on penalty duties. Scoring goals gave him more and more confidence and I believe that one decision helped Whitts enormously.
    LOL

Whitts only started taking them after Jones left

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

Whitts only started taking them after Jones left
    Wrong. Whittingham started taking them in the 2009/2010 season, when he scored 25 goals, of which 8 were penalties. The season before Whitts scored 4 and McCormack took most of the penalties, though I think Chops scored a couple as well, I'd have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Absolutely this.
    Totally different class and did just enough.
    Need quality fresh blood in nearly all departments.
    One day to go and it can't come quick enough!