+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: Q.P.R. 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: Q.P.R. v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would love etete to start scoring goals

Who needs a new striker if your front line is getting chances and taking them
    Maybe if we had a midfield that was capable of creating lots of chances and taking the game to the opposition we'd actually find out if our forwards are any good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Monday 1st January 2024, ko 3:00pm

Happy New Year

Match Officials:

Referee: ANDREW KITCHEN
    Assistants: Sam Lewis and Alex James
    Fourth Official : James Linington
    This is our 3rd New Year's day visit to Loftus Road in the last 6 years. We've lost the last two.

Loftus road is a real bogey ground for us, winning 9 and losing 28 of 41 trips there. We've conceded 90 goals there, we've only let in more at Deepdale.

Surprisingly we've only played 36 games on New Year's day down the years. In total we've won 12, drawn 5 and lost 19. 12 of our games have been at home, 24 have been away. Of the 24 away games, we've won 4, drawn 3 and lost 17.

For excitement, the 4-4 draw at Plymouth in 1986 must rank as the top game. Away defeats include 11-2 at Sheff Utd, 6-1 at QPR, 5-0 at Preston, 4-0 at Northampton and 4-1 at Darlington. There was also a 5-0 home defeat to Maidstone.

QPR join Plymouth today as our most regular NYD opponents. While we can't buy a Boxing day result against Plymouth, on NYD we've won 2 and drawn 1.

Since we beat Plymouth 1-0 in 2008, we've won 1 of our last 7 NYD fixtures, losing the last 5 on the trot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is our 3rd New Year's day visit to Loftus Road in the last 6 years. We've lost the last two.

Loftus road is a real bogey ground for us, winning 9 and losing 28 of 41 trips there. We've conceded 90 goals there, we've only let in more at Deepdale.

Surprisingly we've only played 36 games on New Year's day down the years. In total we've won 12, drawn 5 and lost 19. 12 of our games have been at home, 24 have been away. Of the 24 away games, we've won 4, drawn 3 and lost 17.

For excitement, the 4-4 draw at Plymouth in 1986 must rank as the top game. Away defeats include 11-2 at Sheff Utd, 6-1 at QPR, 5-0 at Preston, 4-0 at Northampton and 4-1 at Darlington. There was also a 5-0 home defeat to Maidstone.

QPR join Plymouth today as our most regular NYD opponents. While we can't buy a Boxing day result against Plymouth, on NYD we've won 2 and drawn 1.

Since we beat Plymouth 1-0 in 2008, we've won 1 of our last 7 NYD fixtures, losing the last 5 on the trot.
    May as well give the fecking points to QPR before we start then. Got no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yep….

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Twice as many away games on New Year’s Day. Interesting.

What can we try that we haven't already? Robinson up front, with Colwill in the middle, Meite and Tanner wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    What can we try that we haven't already? Robinson up front, with Colwill in the middle, Meite and Tanner wide?
    Now that I agree with.

Alnwick; Ng, Goutas, McGuinness, Collins; Siopis, Wintle, Ralls; Meite, Etete, R. Colwill.

Subs: Turner, Ugbo, Bowler, Adams, Panzo, Evans, Tanner, J. Colwill, Robinson.

No idea what formation that is.

Interesting young bench with Joel Colwill, Evans and Turner instead of Runarsson again.

Good to see Etete fit to start. Most interesting perhaps the bench, with both Colwill jnr and Evans there.
    No sign of Runnarsson, Sawyers or the former Reading player whose name I can never remember.

Well at least Chair isn’t playing for them
    He normally rips us a new one

I guess Colwill wide?

Looks like a 4-3-3. Probably won't turn out like that though. Siopis, Wintle and Ralls is a defensive midfield, mind.

Romeo not in squad either. Another one on his way?

It does look as though Bulut has already started the clear-out, and not before time.

I'm curious about Turner on the bench. Is he a 'keeper? Otherwise we don't seem to have a spare, apart from NG!

EDIT: I've since discovered that he's a 'keeper with the U21s.

Good to see Etete fit to start. Most interesting perhaps the bench, with both Colwill jnr and Evans there.
    No sign of Runnarsson, Sawyers or the former Reading player whose name I can never remember.
    I assume you mean Andy Rinomhota not Yakou Méïté. There's no sign of Méïté on the bench because he's starting

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I assume you mean Andy Rinomhota not Yakou Méïté. There's no sign of Méïté on the bench because he's starting
    Of course it’s Rinomhota. Never been able to get my head around the name. Meite much easier!

I'm going for an unlikely, very hopeful 1 nil win to us

still no ramsey then...

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    still no ramsey then...
    The last thing Bulut said was that Ramsey may be back training with the squad soon but not likely to be playing until the end of January - at best. O’Dowda 2-3 weeks ahead of him.

Great header.

We've started really well.

Goutasssss!!!!

First 15 minutes and I’ve shouted ‘Get fecking stuck in Etete’ about 4 times. He does need a ‘nastiness’ course. 1-0 Goutas.

boom great head 0-1