+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Unfortunately most of those 43 goals were scored 3 years or more ago.

I cant believe hes only 27 he looks shot. Like a 35 year old whos legs have gone.
    he did have a cruciate ligament tear, which can't help

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No doubt but then thats on us to do our due dilligence. Hes clearly not the player he was. I liked him a few years ago at Reading he was strong and powerful and stood out for them but now he reminds of Rickie Lambert when his legs went.

Bulut today:

"We have contacted many players. Our recruitment is working hard, but some transfers in my opinion we could have finalised before, so we are late on this. We have to finalise at least two or three transfers in the first week of January because of the adaptation to the team. Now we are in the second part of January and we haven’t finalised any transfers. Now I have a problem with my squad. I have 15 players. Maybe at the weekend we will have four or five players for the under-21s.

I will still hope to have some signings in the next few days or next week. We now have two weeks."

Looking to sign Manchester United defender Will Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bulut today:

"We have contacted many players. Our recruitment is working hard, but some transfers in my opinion we could have finalised before, so we are late on this. We have to finalise at least two or three transfers in the first week of January because of the adaptation to the team. Now we are in the second part of January and we haven’t finalised any transfers. Now I have a problem with my squad. I have 15 players. Maybe at the weekend we will have four or five players for the under-21s.

I will still hope to have some signings in the next few days or next week. We now have two weeks."
    Someone needs to tell him not to panic, theyve already been signed up, we just cant announce them until the last day of the window.

Will Smith ?? The fresh prince of Rad-yr

I'm pretty sure it's Will Fish - hilariously know by the nickname 'Have rod...'

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Will Smith ?? The fresh prince of Rad-yr

I'm pretty sure it's Will Fish - hilariously know by the nickname 'Have rod...'
    Good spot !

International

Bulut today:

He's not very happy at all, and it will rub off on the squad, he's needs some players quickly to lift him and the whole club!

BULUT
    Some transfers at ‘advanced stage’, when will signings be announced?
    If it depends on me, I would announce it yesterday. I can only give names and say we have to go forward with the clubs, players, agents. Club agrees with the player, then the club waits, the other club might want to sell or loan, then the player gets another offer. There are many details.

I think we could make at least two transfers in the first 10 days of January. It doesn’t happen. Now we have to work much much harder to finalise until February 1, the transfers we need for the team to push to stay close to the play-off positions. We are only three points away - it’s still nothing.

I said before four or five (transfers) would be great. We need it. Two players have left. Ugbo and Panzo left. We have two players less so we have to cover those positions. It looks like we need five, maybe six.

Bulut today:

Seems like a [very] thinly veiled pop at whoever's handling transfers..

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's not very happy at all, and it will rub off on the squad, he's needs some players quickly to lift him and the whole club!

BULUT
    If it depends on me, I would announce it yesterday. I can only give names and say we have to go forward with the clubs, players, agents. Club agrees with the player, then the club waits, the other club might want to sell or loan, then the player gets another offer. There are many details.

I think we could make at least two transfers in the first 10 days of January. It doesn’t happen. Now we have to work much much harder to finalise until February 1, the transfers we need for the team to push to stay close to the play-off positions. We are only three points away - it’s still nothing.

I said before four or five (transfers) would be great. We need it. Two players have left. Ugbo and Panzo left. We have two players less so we have to cover those positions. It looks like we need five, maybe six.
    we won't be signing six players

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

BULUT

Plenty of youngsters have been loaned out as well.

we won't be signing six players
    I’d be happy with a bit of quality over quantity, but reading what Bulut has to say I’m not sure we’re going to get either.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Seems like a [very] thinly veiled pop at whoever's handling transfers..
    It does

Not very thinly veiled IMO.

Agree it’s absolutely bizarre we’ve loaned out players who would be on the fringes of the first team before we’ve signed anyone and now are struggling to put a match day squad together. Not like the market wouldn’t be there for Eli King to go to Scotland in the last few days before the window closes.

reading fans I know were surprised we went for him, always a risk, they say he hasnt been the same since, though were happy to offer him a new contract, but they said he wasnt ever a player for a team chasing the prem

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Looking to sign Manchester United defender Will Smith
    he'll be good to give some attackers a slap

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Plenty of youngsters have been loaned out as well.
    I get Panzo and Ugbo had to go back but surely we could have kept King until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Not very thinly veiled IMO.

Agree it’s absolutely bizarre we’ve loaned out players who would be on the fringes of the first team before we’ve signed anyone and now are struggling to put a match day squad together. Not like the market wouldn’t be there for Eli King to go to Scotland in the last few days before the window closes.
    Plymouth has signed 3 PL loanees too. 2 Spurs and 1 Leeds according to Sky. I don't know for sure, but could they be playing on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Plymouth has signed 3 PL loanees too. 2 Spurs and 1 Leeds according to Sky. I don't know for sure, but could they be playing on Saturday?
    Leeds aren't premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I get Panzo and Ugbo had to go back but surely we could have kept King until Sunday.
    If he played for us on Saturday, he couldn't have gone out on loan again. Players can only appear for two clubs per season although they can be registered with a third.

Here is one

Sam Smith, did ok at Cambridge, 1 goal in every 3 games ( ish )

been a few good transfers in the division already. Scott Twine to Bristol and Fabio Carvalho to Hull probably the stand out ones

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Leeds aren't premier league.
    👍 Yup. Error. But am I right in assuming they’re all able to play against us Saturday?

been a few good transfers in the division already. Scott Twine to Bristol and Fabio Carvalho to Hull probably the stand out ones
    Twine isn’t that good at this level, all he ever does is score free kicks against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
     Yup. Error. But am I right in assuming they’re all able to play against us Saturday?
    I'd expect so as I think the cut off is usually the midday on the Friday before the weekend round of games unless that rule has also changed in recent years