+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    been a few good transfers in the division already. Scott Twine to Bristol and Fabio Carvalho to Hull probably the stand out ones
    How is it that we rarely get that quality of loan in.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'd expect so as I think the cut off is usually the midday on the Friday before the weekend round of games unless that rule has also changed in recent years
    That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure if things had changed. Thanks for that. Appreciated. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Twine isn’t that good at this level, all he ever does is score free kicks against us.
    Hes got 7 goals and 4 assists in 25 starts at this level. Id say that was pretty decent on the face of it even taking into account his 14 subs appearences.

Ramsey aside hes certainly better than anything weve got in the attacking midfield area.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    How is it that we rarely get that quality of loan in.
    Apart from Doyle, Philogene, Giles, Drameh, Doughty, Kipre, Kaba, Grant and Hugill we've not had any good loanees in ages.

Also, £££.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Apart from Doyle, Philogene, Giles, Drameh, Doughty, Kipre, Kaba, Grant and Hugill we've not had any good loanees in ages.

Also, £££.
    Wilson was class, and we've had some good ones, losing Phlogene and Kaba was a massive loss, they would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wilson was class
    The above were just from the last 2 and a half seasons but yes, you're right

International

The above were just from the last 2 and a half seasons but yes, you're right
    Yes we don't realise how good they were until they are gone!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we won't be signing six players
    Be lucky to get three at this rate!

Be lucky to get three at this rate!
    Dont be so negative

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont be so negative
    True

Here is a positive potential!

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/18/cardi...porter-claims/

Cardiff City have named Adana Demirspor’s Babou Ndiaye on their list of potential midfield targets, according to Sports Digitale reporter Ertan Suzgun.
    Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut wasted no time in using his Turkish Super Lig connections to bring in new players in the summer, as Dimitrios Goutas and Manolis Siopis arrived from Sivasspor and Trabzonspor respectively.

Bulut is looking to bolster the Bluebirds’ ranks in the next two weeks before the January window closes, and may be adopting a similar transfer strategy once again.

According to Suzgun, Cardiff City have named Ndiaye on their list of transfer targets ahead of a potential swoop this month. The Adana Demirspor midfielder has previous in England having played for Stoke City in both the Premier League and Championship.

The 33-year-old has played just 11 times out of a possible 27 in all competitions. Therefore, he may be surplus to requirements and seek a move elsewhere, with Cardiff City hoping to be the beneficiaries.

A solid option
    Ndiaye has played in the Premier League and in Europe’s biggest competitions such as the Champions League and the Europa League and so someone with his experience will be a solid option for Cardiff City.

His experience of playing in the Championship will also stand him in good stead and will hugely benefit the Bluebirds if they can get the deal over the line. Bulut could use his knowledge of and connections in the Superlig to fast-track a move through if all parties see fit.

Cardiff City are yet to sign a first-team player this window and they are certainly in need of reinforcements given their league position. Ndiaye would likely come straight into the first-team fold and improve their squad, which, in turn, will improve their chances of putting some distance between themselves and the relegation zone.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/18/cardi...ited-defender/

Hes got 7 goals and 4 assists in 25 starts at this level. Id say that was pretty decent on the face of it even taking into account his 14 subs appearences.

Ramsey aside hes certainly better than anything weve got in the attacking midfield area.
    I was joking - I don’t think he’s done quite as well at this level as many thought he would, but he’s the sort of player we need, the balance between work horses and creators has been all wrong at City for ages.

Also, £££.
    What have the romans done for us style post lol

Wilson was class, and we've had some good ones, losing Phlogene and Kaba was a massive loss, they would make a huge difference.
    Wilson was top class at this level - Mick McCarthy immediately dropped him to play Bacuna as a 10

I was joking - I don’t think he’s done quite as well at this level as many thought he would, but he’s the sort of player we need, the balance between work horses and creators has been all wrong at City for ages.
    Oh yes! That I wont argue with. To be fair with Twine he had an injury that kept him out for half a season last year so hes only really had two half seasons for two different clubs. Now onto his third club at this level in the space of 12 months, not sure swapping clubs every half season is best for his development. Have Wurzels done a deal to sign him permanently at end of season? Seems strange hes swapped Hull for them when he was starting for Hull and their doing better than Bristol. That said he did play for their manager at MK Dons, maybe he can get the very best out of him.

International

Oh yes! That I wont argue with. To be fair with Twine he had an injury that kept him out for half a season last year so hes only really had two half seasons for two different clubs. Now onto his third club at this level in the space of 12 months, not sure swapping clubs every half season is best for his development. Have Wurzels done a deal to sign him permanently at end of season? Seems strange hes swapped Hull for them when he was starting for Hull and their doing better than Bristol. That said he did play for their manager at MK Dons, maybe he can get the very best out of him.
    He's ropey, before Splott says it

True

Here is a positive potential!

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/18/cardi...porter-claims/

Cardiff City have named Adana Demirspor’s Babou Ndiaye on their list of potential midfield targets, according to Sports Digitale reporter Ertan Suzgun.
    Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut wasted no time in using his Turkish Super Lig connections to bring in new players in the summer, as Dimitrios Goutas and Manolis Siopis arrived from Sivasspor and Trabzonspor respectively.

Bulut is looking to bolster the Bluebirds’ ranks in the next two weeks before the January window closes, and may be adopting a similar transfer strategy once again.

According to Suzgun, Cardiff City have named Ndiaye on their list of transfer targets ahead of a potential swoop this month. The Adana Demirspor midfielder has previous in England having played for Stoke City in both the Premier League and Championship.

The 33-year-old has played just 11 times out of a possible 27 in all competitions. Therefore, he may be surplus to requirements and seek a move elsewhere, with Cardiff City hoping to be the beneficiaries.

A solid option
    Ndiaye has played in the Premier League and in Europe’s biggest competitions such as the Champions League and the Europa League and so someone with his experience will be a solid option for Cardiff City.

His experience of playing in the Championship will also stand him in good stead and will hugely benefit the Bluebirds if they can get the deal over the line. Bulut could use his knowledge of and connections in the Superlig to fast-track a move through if all parties see fit.

Cardiff City are yet to sign a first-team player this window and they are certainly in need of reinforcements given their league position. Ndiaye would likely come straight into the first-team fold and improve their squad, which, in turn, will improve their chances of putting some distance between themselves and the relegation zone.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/18/cardi...ited-defender/
    Oh great another midfielder who doesnt score. And 33 years old. Thankfully its only the 72.co.uk reporting this, we get more accurate information from the Beano.

That last sentence could be very relevant. I would have thought Burnley would have signed him on more than a two year contract, so they might want to keep him if they are in the Championship next season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the wurzels want to sign Twine in the summer because I think his loan will go well.

That last sentence could be very relevant. I would have thought Burnley would have signed him on more than a two year contract, so they might want to keep him if they are in the Championship next season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the wurzels want to sign Twine in the summer because I think his loan will go well.
    They've got an option to sign him, which I imagine is only an "option" for FFP purposes

Oh great another midfielder who doesnt score. And 33 years old. Thankfully its only the 72.co.uk reporting this, we get more accurate information from the Beano.
    It's come from a link in Turkey, and we are getting linked to everyone that isn't playing in Turkey. It does fit our profile though, old and shit.

International

We should not be paying a fee for a 33 year old unless they are really exceptional - there will be zero chance of any return on that money

9 in 15, 6'2, 23 years old? Way too sensible.

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpaign=channel

Cardiff City launch 'big bid' for Serbian striker with impressive goal record
    The Bluebirds are desperate to add a striker to their ranks this month.

Cardiff City have launched a bid for Valarenga striker Andrej Ilic, according to reports in Norway.

The Serbian forward, 23, scored 11 goals in 16 games last season, including nine in 13 Eliteserien appearances for the Oslo-based club.

Norwegian channel TV 2 claim Cardiff and Valarenga are locked in negotiations over the player's transfer after the Welsh side launched a "big bid" for the player. French team Toulouse had registered an interest in this window, too, but subsequently signed Shavy Babicka from Aris Limassol, with Valarenga's asking price for Ilic cited as the reason they moved on.

LATEST: Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training

Cardiff are said to be in the "driver's seat" regarding a deal for the Serbia youth international, who scored 42 goals and provided 17 assists for RFS in 87 appearances for the Latvian team before earning his move to the Norwegian top flight. That being said, the Championship would represent a major step up in quality.

Fellow Norwegian side Bodo/Glimt are also said to have shown an interest in the 6ft 2ins striker, however it appears the Bluebirds are in deeper negotiations with the player.

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut has spoken about the need to pivot in this transfer window, having to jump from Plan A to Plan B because he wants to get deals over the line quickly.

"I have to go to other players. If I don't get this striker, I have to go to the second one, third one, fourth one. Whichever one I get quick, I will do that. Maybe the quality there is not the quality I had as my first choice, but then I take my second one and I have a player I can use. At the end if I was waiting for my first choice and I don't get him then I don't have anything.

"It's all small details with all the players. That's why we try, sometimes it's not finance. Sometimes it is. Many small details."

Toulouse said to have been interested too but thought he was too expensive, then signed an alternative for E2.75m.