+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Distinct lack of rumours so close to window opening - nothing close or is it a tight ship now - even the other board aren't speculating at the moment??

Re: Lack of rumours

I heard that Kieffer Moore is coming

Kalou, Oster, Kuyt and Goodwilllie. My favourite rumours that came to nothing.

We’ve made plenty of signings in recent years that no one outside the club had a clue about until announced. It’s another thing the club has really got better at. Lack of rumours isn’t something to worry about.

I meant to ask in the other thread, but where did six players incoming thing come from?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I meant to ask in the other thread, but where did six players incoming thing come from?
    It's what Bulut said he wanted, in an interview a couple of weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It's what Bulut said he wanted, in an interview a couple of weeks ago
    TBF I think he’s right, he needs two transfer windows in my opinion to get the squad he wants together, a good finish for the season with players who can really improve the team recruited in January, and then build on that in the summer.

We have so many bang average players, underperforming players and just absolute deadwood in our squad, that I doubt anyone would be able to improve on where we are at this point of the season.
    As a minimum we need players who are capable of challenging for a position, and not just recruited to make up the squad.

As it stands I’d keep the the back five, with 3 defenders and another GK needed

Ramsey, Colwill and Siopis with two CM’s and Ralls as back up

ODowda and Tanner with two wingers needed

Etete as third choice forward as we need at least two in front of him in the pecking order

Hopefully Colwill junior and another couple of youngster from the U23’s making it into the 25.

A big ask I know, but we have so much dross masquerading as footballers in the current squad, we need to have a few prerequisites in place when we go through the recruitment process.

The first being that they are actually comfortable with a football, second is a requirement to pass the ball to someone wearing the same colour shirt.
    Third would be an ability to receive a pass without it pinging off their foot and to move it quickly on to someone else who’s also wearing the same colour shirt.
    The fourth would be having a winning mentality, something that most of our current squad seem to really lack
    A bit revolutionary I know, but apart from having two legs and arms, there has to be more required from identifying a potential transfer target if we plan to be successful

Or put another way, which other Championship side with ambitions to make the playoffs are going to recruit
    Runnersson
    Campbell
    Romeo
    Sawyers
    Rinhomota
    Adam’s
    Panzo
    Robinson
    Meite
    Ugbo
    Wintle
    Bowler

Next season?????

Dirk Kuyt has been seen in the city heard he went to Howell's with his doughter

Notice that KM is on the bench for Bournemouth today.....a last hurrah or staying there...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    We’ve made plenty of signings in recent years that no one outside the club had a clue about until announced. It’s another thing the club has really got better at. Lack of rumours isn’t something to worry about.
    Someone within the club said to my mate that the the rumours have stopped dead as some false flag stories put out helped identify the source of the leaks, which (if true) is good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Notice that KM is on the bench for Bournemouth today.....a last hurrah or staying there...?
    Probably because they might need him today, or he's the only option. I can't see Bournemouth putting Moore on the bench as some kind of sentimental Gesture.

He's probably there as an option as he is a bit of an old school target man and offers something unique. Ideal for chasing a game going route one but he's never going to be a starter there with the way they try and play (fast high tempo super aggressive high press).

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Someone within the club said to my mate that the the rumours have stopped dead as some false flag stories put out helped identify the source of the leaks, which (if true) is good to hear.
    That’s interesting and good to hear yes.

I don’t think that’s the correct use of False Flag though 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    That’s interesting and good to hear yes.

I don’t think that’s the correct use of False Flag though 😂
    You're right, I should have used the term disinformation 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I'd suspect staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    One of the key sources now works for the FAW instead, less transfers at international level!

tim iroegbunam, just to start a rumour of my own

Bonita Gummier

Also heard an Israeli midfielder, Efrem foekori, is on our radar..

Hertz Vanrental.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hertz Vanrental.
    And his cousin, Barry Van Hire

First one out of the traps is brooks from Bournemouth 70/30 - sauce - the other board

2nd out of the trap - someone in the stands who flew in from Europe - sauce - the other board 👍

Don't shoot the messenger 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    First one out of the traps is brooks from Bournemouth 70/30 - sauce - the other board

2nd out of the trap - someone in the stands who flew in from Europe - sauce - the other board ��

Don't shoot the messenger ��
    Would love to see Brooks here

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Would love to see Brooks here
    Bournemouth only one League game this month? So maybe it will be after the cup game this weekend if at all for both Moore and brooks although the latter seems a stretch?? Surely other clubs would be in the q as well?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suspect staying there.
    I would be absolutely flabbergasted if Moore is still a Bournemouth player on Feb 1st. Barring injury, he will be on his way.

Re Brooks, I'd drive to Bournemouth and pick him up myself.