+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    9 in 15, 6'2, 23 years old? Way too sensible.
    yes, now this is something i can get on board with - any grainy youtube footage available yet?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpaign=channel

Cardiff City launch 'big bid' for Serbian striker with impressive goal record
    The Bluebirds are desperate to add a striker to their ranks this month.

Cardiff City have launched a bid for Valarenga striker Andrej Ilic, according to reports in Norway.

The Serbian forward, 23, scored 11 goals in 16 games last season, including nine in 13 Eliteserien appearances for the Oslo-based club.

Norwegian channel TV 2 claim Cardiff and Valarenga are locked in negotiations over the player's transfer after the Welsh side launched a "big bid" for the player. French team Toulouse had registered an interest in this window, too, but subsequently signed Shavy Babicka from Aris Limassol, with Valarenga's asking price for Ilic cited as the reason they moved on.

READ MORE: Cardiff City keen on Man Utd defender amid competition from 'several clubs'

LATEST: Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training

Cardiff are said to be in the "driver's seat" regarding a deal for the Serbia youth international, who scored 42 goals and provided 17 assists for RFS in 87 appearances for the Latvian team before earning his move to the Norwegian top flight. That being said, the Championship would represent a major step up in quality.

Fellow Norwegian side Bodo/Glimt are also said to have shown an interest in the 6ft 2ins striker, however it appears the Bluebirds are in deeper negotiations with the player.

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut has spoken about the need to pivot in this transfer window, having to jump from Plan A to Plan B because he wants to get deals over the line quickly. Sign up to our daily Cardiff City newsletter here.

Good Life Plus
    Forget The Lottery! You're Literally Thousands Times More Likely To Win This
    Whisky Investors
    The intriguing investment you've never heard of? Whisky casks
    by TaboolaSponsored Links
    Speaking on Thursday about transfers and strikers, Bulut said: "I cannot wait on just one player and get him on January 31, because if not then I have nothing. I have to fix my deals before.

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS
    partner logo
    POWERED BY
    Cardiff City loan signings rated as West Brom star impresses but Arsenal man disappoints as exit decisions loom
    Cardiff City loan signings rated as West Brom star impresses but Arsenal man disappoints as exit decisions loom
    COMMENTS
    Cardiff City linked with Man Utd legend's son amid Hull City and Huddersfield Town interest
    Cardiff City linked with Man Utd legend's son amid Hull City and Huddersfield Town interest
    COMMENTS
    Cardiff City v Leeds United Live: Breaking team news and score updates
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City news as former Rangers and Man Utd players linked and new appointment offers transfer clue
    Tonight's Cardiff City news as former Rangers and Man Utd players linked and new appointment offers transfer clue
    COMMENTS
    Emotional Jason Mohammad 'the most overwhelmed he's been on TV' as he meets childhood Cardiff City hero
    Emotional Jason Mohammad 'the most overwhelmed he's been on TV' as he meets childhood Cardiff City hero
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City news as Premier League star linked and deals at 'advanced stages' with transfers possible this week
    Tonight's Cardiff City news as Premier League star linked and deals at 'advanced stages' with transfers possible this week
    COMMENTS
    'I'm happy here' - Erol Bulut wants to sign new contract and build Cardiff City project with deal expiring in months
    'I'm happy here' - Erol Bulut wants to sign new contract and build Cardiff City project with deal expiring in months
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as new striker and defender linked and winger seals move
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as new striker and defender linked and winger seals move
    COMMENTS
    Jonathan Panzo returns to Nottingham Forest as Cardiff City loan cut short
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut gives Robinson explanation, exit confirmed and move labelled 'no brainer'
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut gives Robinson explanation, exit confirmed and move labelled 'no brainer'
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Swansea City transfer news as defender bid launched and Williams' message clear
    Tonight's Swansea City transfer news as defender bid launched and Williams' message clear
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as target favours Championship move and four clubs enter talks over Kieffer Moore
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as target favours Championship move and four clubs enter talks over Kieffer Moore
    COMMENTS
    Every word from Erol Bulut on Cardiff City transfers, Aaron Ramsey fitness and his Bluebirds future ahead of Leeds clash
    Every word from Erol Bulut on Cardiff City transfers, Aaron Ramsey fitness and his Bluebirds future ahead of Leeds clash
    COMMENTS
    Cardiff City star poised for Sheffield Wednesday transfer
    COMMENTS
    Erol Bulut just named what he wants in this transfer window and now Cardiff City face critical fortnight
    Erol Bulut just named what he wants in this transfer window and now Cardiff City face critical fortnight
    COMMENTS
    Cardiff City suffer transfer blow as striker target signs for new club and Erol Bulut clears up defender deal
    Cardiff City suffer transfer blow as striker target signs for new club and Erol Bulut clears up defender deal
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training
    COMMENTS
    Erol Bulut makes Cardiff City transfer plea as he reveals he has only 15 players for Plymouth Argyle trip
    Erol Bulut makes Cardiff City transfer plea as he reveals he has only 15 players for Plymouth Argyle trip
    COMMENTS
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as midfielder to join new club, star set for contract extension and injury blow revealed
    Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as midfielder to join new club, star set for contract extension and injury blow revealed
    The Welsh trio now at heart of Leeds United as standards set and transfer question looms
    The Welsh trio now at heart of Leeds United as standards set and transfer question looms
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS

COMMENTS
    COMMENTS

COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS
    COMMENTS

"I have to go to other players. If I don't get this striker, I have to go to the second one, third one, fourth one. Whichever one I get quick, I will do that. Maybe the quality there is not the quality I had as my first choice, but then I take my second one and I have a player I can use. At the end if I was waiting for my first choice and I don't get him then I don't have anything.

"It's all small details with all the players. That's why we try, sometimes it's not finance. Sometimes it is. Many small details."
    if you're going to cut and paste stories at least learn how to do it properly

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Quite. If hes not spamming the board with his obsession with Drakeford hes cutting and pasting the board to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Toulouse said to have been interested too but thought he was too expensive, then signed an alternative for E2.75m.
    If we're paying anything like that it seems like a lot of money for a 23 year old whose highest level is 20 games in the Norwegian top flight.

yes, now this is something i can get on board with - any grainy youtube footage available yet?
    Thankfully, yes. And it has terrible music too.

https://twitter.com/DiffCentralHQ/st...24416688202034

Thankfully, yes. And it has terrible music too.

https://twitter.com/DiffCentralHQ/st...24416688202034
    they always do

If you added up the distance from goal from all those efforts put together you'd still be in the penalty box

they always do

If you added up the distance from goal from all those efforts put together you'd still be in the penalty box
    Don't mind that, though. The defending is horrendous, though and I'm just as interested in if he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. We sorely miss that.

Don't mind that, though. The defending is horrendous, though and I'm just as interested in if he can hold the ball up and bring others into play. We sorely miss that.
    Should be more videos of that on YouTube.

Should be more videos of that on YouTube.
    Would be niche

"Ilic's best 5 yard passes"

It’s just the flaunting of bandwidth during a cost of living crisis when some of us are struggling to heat our homes that gets to me. But then…..I’m angry at every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’m angry at every little thing.
    Erol, is that you?

Erol, is that you?
    🤬

Rhys Healy to Huddersfield

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...g-bid-28477842

Cardiff City have launched a bid for Valarenga striker Andrej Ilic, according to reports in Norway.

The Serbian forward, 23, scored 11 goals in 16 games last season, including nine in 13 Eliteserien appearances for the Oslo-based club.

Norwegian channel TV 2 claim Cardiff and Valarenga are locked in negotiations over the player's transfer after the Welsh side launched a "big bid" for the player

Wales Online claiming that if Jamilu Collins plays tomorrow it will automatically trigger a year’s extension on his contract - apparently, there’s a clause which says that he gets another year when he reaches thirty appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales Online claiming that if Jamilu Collins plays tomorrow it will automatically trigger a year’s extension on his contract - apparently, there’s a clause which says that he gets another year when he reaches thirty appearances.
    I know his form has dropped but I’m more than happy for him to have another year.

Being linked with another youngster (along with a load of other clubs) - Ben Krauhaus from Bromley

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/05/ben-k...year-old-star/
    signed for Brentford

signed for Brentford
    That's a big step up for him.
    Wonder if that's another we've missed out on or we were never interested in the first place.

That's a big step up for him.
    Wonder if that's another we've missed out on or we were never interested in the first place.
    if he signed for us he'd probably be put out on loan at Weston super mare and released after 2 years.
    now he's gone to Brentford I look forward to them inevitably selling him for 30 million in 18 months time

if he signed for us he'd probably be put out on loan at Weston super mare and released after 2 years.
    now he's gone to Brentford I look forward to them inevitably selling him for 30 million in 18 months time
    Are Brentford that good with young players? Honest question but I don't know of anyone to break through there for ages, has Brentford 2 or whatever it is called worked?

International

I can when I can be bothered, patronising pr!ck I won't bother then, you can look through Wales Online adverts yourself

Are Brentford that good with young players? Honest question but I don't know of anyone to break through there for ages, has Brentford 2 or whatever it is called worked?
    Marcus Forss and Chris Mepham were sold on for a fair bit. I think the right back Roerslev was in Brentford B

They have an academy now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Marcus Forss and Chris Mepham were sold on for a fair bit. I think the right back Roerslev was in Brentford B

They have an academy now
    Didn't know they'd reopened their Academy, we used to play under 18 and 21 games against them every season. Sounds like they're admitting they made a mistake in closing it in the first place, but I see they've still got a B team, rather than an Under 21 side - truth be told, I wouldn't be too bothered if City scrapped their under 21 team for all of the good it does.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn't know they'd reopened their Academy, we used to play under 18 and 21 games against them every season. Sounds like they're admitting they made a mistake in closing it in the first place, but I see they've still got a B team, rather than an Under 21 side - truth be told, I wouldn't be too bothered if City scrapped their under 21 team for all of the good it does.
    Think the PL forced them to re open the academy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

They have an academy now
    Ah OK. Still, none for a while then. I'm not sure it's the greatest move for him, other clubs give a lot more chances to young players.