+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Everyone is the same. Nobody wants to turn a back 4 around or play balls into channels to unsettle teams. We were playing it out from the back when Leicester were going man for man, it was mental
    Looks great when the top teams do it. Brighton and Villa take so mamy risks and it looks great when they beat the press, however, in the Championship and below, often than not the defenders are just not good enough to play one touch quickly and it invariably leads to long winded, dull passages of tippy tappy bollocks. I want to pull my eyeballs out when I see teams who do it when they obviously dont have the personell to do it effectively.

I rememeber when Unai Emery would not waver on doing it at Arsenal and he had that Greek donkey at the back. Cost them so many goals. I just think its totally unnesecary if you havent got the players to do it. I also think its a lot to do with coaching vanity.

For me Klopps football is by far the best to watch. Attacking football without the tippy tappy nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, and u23 football. Whenever I have watched it it looks like an exercise in showing how an individual has been coached to death, a bit like those shit courses you have to go on with work that are carried out in safe and forgiving environments without the obvious Panic factor of a real life situation. Maybe that's harsh, but it's noticeable when young players make the step up.

Thing is, and without sounding like an old Twat ( which I sort of am) there doesn't seem to be the urgency with young players coming through at the club, and I don't think it's their fault, it's got to be the way they're coached and nurtured. Look at the players we have produced pre academy. Gunter, Lesley, Earnshaw, Ginge, Ramsey, Mathews etc They all had their faults, but they all had that character to succeed, take control of situations, prepared to make mistakes. That type of attitude seems to have gone with this ultra level of coaching. Might be wrong as it's only anecdotal, although I'm only speaking about our club.
    We've been really poor at sorting loans for ages. I get EFL clubs may not want a teenager but I don't get why we don't send 17 year olds to the Cymru Premier more often so they experience mens football. That experience will stand them in better stead to get loans in the EFL than playing u21s will.

What's baffling is that we regularly perform well at age group level, often beating Swansea and Bristol City yet they're the ones chucking youngsters into the first team. 17 year old Parker at Swansea's played a few games recently, I find it hard to believe he's streets ahead of each of our academy players given our results against Swansea in recent years

On the pre-academy players I also think we had managers more willing to put in a younger player

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We've been really poor at sorting loans for ages. I get EFL clubs may not want a teenager but I don't get why we don't send 17 year olds to the Cymru Premier more often so they experience mens football. That experience will stand them in better stead to get loans in the EFL than playing u21s will.

What's baffling is that we regularly perform well at age group level, often beating Swansea and Bristol City yet they're the ones chucking youngsters into the first team. 17 year old Parker at Swansea's played a few games recently, I find it hard to believe he's streets ahead of each of our academy players given our results against Swansea in recent years

On the pre-academy players I also think we had managers more willing to put in a younger player
    Good shout about sending youngsters to the welsh premier league, if nothing else it would toughen them up, and they would be part of a real competitive set up. The players i mentioned would have played in the old Avon Combination reserve league against the likes of Swindon, the two Bristols, The Jacks, Plymouth, Exeter City etc. A 16-17 year old would have been at youth team level, so a step up to the reserves was a promotion. There would be players who had 300 first team appearances under their belt who had been dropped, or who were coming back from injury, young pros who were in and out, the 2nd goalkeeper would always play, and they were allowed a trialist, say a player who was out of contract or who had been released. It was competitive, and they had to learn quickly.

Compare Bagan to Gunter. Not a huge difference in ability, but a massive difference in character and a willingness to succeed and take control. Now that may be down to personality, or it could be about how they were brought up at the club. I don't know, but one thing is certain is that the club has failed massively in terms of developing young players.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    These kids are wrapped in a bubble from the age of 7 years old sometimes younger, and theyve not got the fight or desire that generations before had. Add that to the fact there is less aggression in the game and, for me anyway, weve lost something from our game.

Look at Sam Bowen for example. Dropping down to Newport at 21 years old he wasnt prepared for the physicality of league two. Its only now hes playing for Wealdstone, who like to get the ball down and play, hes finally showing what he can do in the mens game but hes 23 this month. Boys like that left to stagnate in academys its no good long term.

Sion Spence another. He was flying as a teenager, one of the best players for his age with Neco Williams with Wales under 21s. I think hes playing 6th or 7th tier now.
    Sam Bowen had that rare quality of a player who plays with his head up, doesn't need to look at the ball. It's rare, see Hoddle and Le Tissier. I'm not comparing him to either of those players, that would be ridiculous, but what it does say is that he had a natural gift but maybe wasn't given the tools and skills that can be taught.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Looks great when the top teams do it. Brighton and Villa take so mamy risks and it looks great when they beat the press, however, in the Championship and below, often than not the defenders are just not good enough to play one touch quickly and it invariably leads to long winded, dull passages of tippy tappy bollocks. I want to pull my eyeballs out when I see teams who do it when they obviously dont have the personell to do it effectively.

I rememeber when Unai Emery would not waver on doing it at Arsenal and he had that Greek donkey at the back. Cost them so many goals. I just think its totally unnesecary if you havent got the players to do it. I also think its a lot to do with coaching vanity.

For me Klopps football is by far the best to watch. Attacking football without the tippy tappy nonsense.
    Liverpool are not averse to measured long balls if a good press is implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought all transfers were agreed weeks in advance, and they only delay them until deadline day for the drama?
    Umut Nayir has been loaned to Pendikspor, a deal that was done at the beginning of the season, so it seems its happened again

✍️According to the agreement made at the beginning of the season between Eyüpspor and Fenerbahçe: Both clubs approval was required for Umut Nayir to transfer to another team.

Let’s see though

https://x.com/bulutcuyuz/status/1746...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

A good sauce believes the following are close to signing
    Moore, Bakasetas and Ucan (or can’t or even want)

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Dirk Kuyt has been seen in the city heard he went to Howell's with his doughter
    They'd never allow him to study there, it's a girls only school. His daughter yes, Dirk, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    They'd never allow him to study there, it's a girls only school. His daughter yes, Dirk, no!
    The sixth form college is co-ed

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The sixth form college is co-ed
    Didn't know that. Looks like the school has moved with the times

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Umut Nayir has been loaned to Pendikspor, a deal that was done at the beginning of the season, so it seems its happened again

✍️According to the agreement made at the beginning of the season between Eyüpspor and Fenerbahçe: Both clubs approval was required for Umut Nayir to transfer to another team.

Let’s see though

https://x.com/bulutcuyuz/status/1746...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    I think you may have misread that. Nayir was signed last summer by Fenerbahce from Eyupspor, the deal to Pendikspor wasn't agreed then

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sam Bowen had that rare quality of a player who plays with his head up, doesn't need to look at the ball. It's rare, see Hoddle and Le Tissier. I'm not comparing him to either of those players, that would be ridiculous, but what it does say is that he had a natural gift but maybe wasn't given the tools and skills that can be taught.
    I was at Uni in Manchester, and we used to play 5 a side every week on the next pitch to Man City's u16s or u18s played on, so every week, we'd play our game and then watch the kids for free. It is literally all about keeping the ball, and doing the right thing over and over. The results couldn't matter less. Without getting all grumpy about it, I struggle to see how it helps the vast majority of players who won't ever play at that level.

The last manager we had to really give the kids a go was Mick. He trusted Bowen and Colwill to levels that nobody has done since. Maybe that's why he got the chop

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

If we are 15th by March, I'd play both Colwills and Ashford over any loanee. We are 15 clear of the drop, we aren't going down so we might as well see what we can do.

Unless we pull some serious signings out of the bag, and Ramsey gets fit we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if we get in, how on Earth are we going to get a result against Leeds or Southampton over 2 legs

[QUOTE=Pedro de la Rosa;5481840]If we are 15th by March, I'd play both Colwills and Ashford over any loanee. We are 15 clear of the drop, we aren't going down so we might as well see what we can do.

I'd play both Colwill's along with Ashford an Tanner against Plymouth. I think we are on a hiding to nothing next Saturday anyway with Plymouth's home form, especially if we sent out the starting XI we did yesterday.

[QUOTE=Mr Soul '68;5481853]
    If we are 15th by March, I'd play both Colwills and Ashford over any loanee. We are 15 clear of the drop, we aren't going down so we might as well see what we can do.

I'd play both Colwill's along with Ashford an Tanner against Plymouth. I think we are on a hiding to nothing next Saturday anyway with Plymouth's home form, especially if we sent out the starting XI we did yesterday.
    Plymouth have lost another loanee. This is a glorious opportunity for 3 points.

Unless we pull some serious signings out of the bag, and Ramsey gets fit we can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Even if we get in, how on Earth are we going to get a result against Leeds or Southampton over 2 legs
    We wouldn't beat either of them if all their players only had one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    We wouldn't beat either of them if all their players only had one leg.
    We should have put them to the sword at home.

correct

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Honestly don’t remember Bulut saying Nayir was nailed on. I do remember that every time Bulut was asked about players he was thinking about his answer was always predicated by maybe we can maybe we can’t…it’s all down to the finances. Which in my opinion means that he’s not going to name any names to the media until the deal is done

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Didn't know that. Looks like the school has moved with the times
    Had to fall into one. The crowd down the Bay have a lot of influence when it comes to funding and Howell school is not stupid

Given that we're 21st in the form table over the last 10 games, thoughts of making the playoffs are fanciful at best.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Had to fall into one. The crowd down the Bay have a lot of influence when it comes to funding and Howell school is not stupid
    Not sure what "the crowd down the bay" had to do with it. Howell's is an independent school.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given that we're 21st in the form table over the last 10 games, thoughts of making the playoffs are fanciful at best.
    even if we somehow scrape into it there would be a couple of teams that are clearly better than us in there.
    not worth gambling on it this season imo

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And yet we're still 3 points off the top 6. The division is mental

And yet we're still 3 points off the top 6. The division is mental
    There's 4 points between 6th and 14th. No side in those positions has lost more than us, though only 2 have won more. Only two sides has scored fewer goals than us but our defensive record is ok.

While we might be 3 points from the top 6, that's effectively 4 points with our goal difference. While we could say one win might take us into the playoffs, it's likely that others in that 6-14 bracket win as well, so getting there still requires a good run, one we certainly are not capable of at the moment.

I feel that saying we're 3 points from the playoffs, while yes it's factually correct, doesn't really describe our current situation. 13th seems a better reflection of where we are.