+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Etete today

Re: Etete today

We wouldn't have an average striker if you combined the 3 strikers attributes together.

Watching him today and yeah he's so easily kept off the ball every time it goes near him

Getting thrown around like a rag doll against Wednesday.

yeah its a shame Meite the fouling machine wasnt on to bulldose them for 30 minutes (thats around the time he runs out of steam)

anyways back to football. Etete's quick feet drew a penalty in the box after a very switched on run. Also he had a ferocious chest, turn and shot later in the match that wouldve been regarded world class if it were Ramsey or anybody of the like.

Did he score?..no. Did he look dangerous when he had the few chances he had? yes...ofcourse he did. Do all strikers score all of their chances? no..get real

Now behave yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Getting thrown around like a rag doll against Wednesday.
    Get him on the pork pies and HGH

He needs a couple of hours with Gary Madine

He's about as good as Andrea Ferretti

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    yeah its a shame Meite the fouling machine wasnt on to bulldose them for 30 minutes (thats around the time he runs out of steam)

anyways back to football. Etete's quick feet drew a penalty in the box after a very switched on run. Also he had a ferocious chest, turn and shot later in the match that wouldve been regarded world class if it were Ramsey or anybody of the like.

Did he score?..no. Did he look dangerous when he had the few chances he had? yes...ofcourse he did. Do all strikers score all of their chances? no..get real

Now behave yourselves.
    He did actually do a few good things but was dispossessed way too easily on far too many occasions. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He did actually do a few good things but was dispossessed way too easily on far too many occasions. Again.
    He’s a decent footballer, his height probably works against him. If he brought that roughness and aggression he would be much more of as asset. Currently to easy to defend against but he’s one who can come good. Someone like Moore coming in could help him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s a decent footballer, his height probably works against him. If he brought that roughness and aggression he would be much more of as asset. Currently to easy to defend against but he’s one who can come good. Someone like Moore coming in could help him.
    I really hope so. But he needs to learn quickly.

He's got pretty good technique and chips in with a goal sometimes. Much the same thing was said about Mark Harris. He doesn't seem to have the strength or nous to keep hold of the ball but then looks to the heavens when he doesn't receive it (then a little later loses it himself. Robinson has these high standards for everyone else too). I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's a championship striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He's got pretty good technique and chips in with a goal sometimes. Much the same thing was said about Mark Harris. He doesn't seem to have the strength or nous to keep hold of the ball but then looks to the heavens when he doesn't receive it (then a little later loses it himself. Robinson has these high standards for everyone else too). I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's a championship striker.
    Yes, I agree with this. :-/

I found it strange that he didn't seem to have any inclination to take either penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I found it strange that he didn't seem to have any inclination to take either penalty.
    Why?

I can't see Erol Bulut messing around (assuming he stays) like previous managers hoping for these types of guys to come good, he can't do it now and that is what counts for managers.

Clubs need to make the call, we keep hoping for the best and if we miss one we miss one.

Rhys Healey, Kadeem Harris, Ibrahim Meite, Omar Bogle, Gavin Whyte, Harris, Watters and probably Issak Davies

Etete may make championship grade but its not for another three or fours seasons. Colwill's lack of physicality (for his size) is masked by outrageous skill every now and then

None of our front men are up to the task

That doesn't mean they are crap but not one looks like a goalscorer of any substance

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why?
    Really?

Because he's a forward and most forwards like to score goals. And seeing as that's what he's supposed to be good at you'd think the chance to kick a dead ball from 12 yards out with only the goalkeeper to beat would seem like a good opportunity to do what he's paid for.

Really?

Because he's a forward and most forwards like to score goals. And seeing as that's what he's supposed to be good at you'd think the chance to kick a dead ball from 12 yards out with only the goalkeeper to beat would seem like a good opportunity to do what he's paid for.
    I agree....strikers should be demanding the ball for penalties....

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I can't see Erol Bulut messing around (assuming he stays) like previous managers hoping for these types of guys to come good, he can't do it now and that is what counts for managers.

Clubs need to make the call, we keep hoping for the best and if we miss one we miss one.

Rhys Healey, Kadeem Harris, Ibrahim Meite, Omar Bogle, Gavin Whyte, Harris, Watters and probably Issak Davies

Etete may make championship grade but its not for another three or fours seasons. Colwill's lack of physicality (for his size) is masked by outrageous skill every now and then
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He's probably a worse option than Mark Harris. At least with Harris you knew you'd get energy and fight, you rarely get that with Etete.

I don't think Etete's a natural striker, good technique but no cutting edge or goalscoring instincts. Would he have made it as far as he has if he wasn't as tall as he is?

Really?

I'm surprised nobody ripped the ball off Robinson given his record

Etete looks as though he doesn’t want to know. He’s just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's probably a worse option than Mark Harris. At least with Harris you knew you'd get energy and fight, you rarely get that with Etete.

I don't think Etete's a natural striker, good technique but no cutting edge or goalscoring instincts. Would he have made it as far as he has if he wasn't as tall as he is?
    I'm trying to remember Etete's goals. One at Watford under Lamouchi. Coventry away? Would i bewrong in saying that he has had to work for his goals, good goals that were 50-50 chances? If i am right (and i doubt it) it says that he isn't a striker who can position himself and get a side foot from 5 yards out, or that the service in those kinds of areas is poor. I'd say it's a bit of both, because i can;t remember him scoring a routine goal like other strikers do.

Really?

How many target men do you see taking penalties?

We had Ralls and Whittingham for the last 15 years.

05/06 Darren Purse was our designated taker

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How many target men do you see taking penalties?

We had Ralls and Whittingham for the last 15 years.

05/06 Darren Purse was our designated taker

Didn't Kieffer take them whilst here?

The best thing that can be said about Etete is that his name is a palindrome. We haven't had many of those over the years.