+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish at the end of the season?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top 6 - promotion

4 11.43%
  • Playoffs, but lose out

3 8.57%
  • Top half

25 71.43%
  • Bottom half

3 8.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish at the end of the season?

Where will we finish at the end of the season?

Over to you. Apologies to those on mobile devices.

Re: Where will we finish at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Where we are

We need to be patient and give bulut two or three seasons

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Where we are

£100 bet we don't finish as high as 9th.

£100 bet we don't finish as high as 9th.
    I0th , 25 quid is sufficient , to charity of your choosing

Should you lose you will be donating to Shelter

No 'Mid-table' option? That would be my guess.

I’ve got two answers. If we get Kieffer and Rambo fit for at least 50% of our games then play offs. Otherwise we’ll sneak top half.

Either way it would be great progress.

International

Top half, back Bulut, playoffs a slim chance!

Hard to judge to much until we see what we are able to bring in and if we can get Ramsey fit enough to play the rest of the season. With this squad probably around 12/8, a few quality additions, a bit of luck and some confidence back then maybe a little higher.

Where we are

Managers are lucky to get a few months if the results arent coming up to the owners expectations.
    Two or three seasons is no longer an option these days, not just with Tan , with almost every other club as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Managers are lucky to get a few months if the results arent coming up to the owners expectations.
    Two or three seasons is no longer an option these days, not just with Tan , with almost every other club as well.
    Rooney gone already

Top half this season. Play Offs next season.

Top three of the bottom half

International

I0th , 25 quid is sufficient , to charity of your choosing

Should you lose you will be donating to Shelter
    It should be 12th or above (top half) Sludge wins, 13th or below Eric wins because in the other post Eric is stating we are crap and getting worse and in a false position.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It should be 12th or above (top half) Sludge wins, 13th or below Eric wins because in the other post Eric is stating we are crap and getting worse and in a false position.
    OK fair enough

And win lose or draw I will kidnap him one evening with some nutters from parkhurst , give him a leathering and he will be found wandering around dazed and confused in Porthcawl

17th. We are currently 18th in the form table

Quote Originally Posted by blue_emu View Post
    Top half this season. Play Offs next season.
    I don't think that's unachievable

10th

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sludge said we'd finish where we are now. That's his prediction. He set the goal posts.

Much depends on our transfer activity. If Tan decides not to spend, we have no chance of a top half finish.

Regardless of all of that, we finished 21st last season. A top half finish in the next season from such a position is unusual. Top 6 is very rare. We overachieved at the start of the season and our current form is more like what I'd expect. I just find it very frustrating that we were playing well at the start of the season, and now our performances are utter garbage, not far off what we had last season.

Sludge said we'd finish where we are now. That's his prediction. He set the goal posts.

Much depends on our transfer activity. If Tan decides not to spend, we have no chance of a top half finish.

Regardless of all of that, we finished 21st last season. A top half finish in the next season from such a position is unusual. Top 6 is very rare. We overachieved at the start of the season and our current form is more like what I'd expect. I just find it very frustrating that we were playing well at the start of the season, and now our performances are utter garbage, not far off what we had last season.
    Points wise over the Christmas, which couldn’t be more current, our form is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Points wise over the Christmas, which couldn’t be more current, our form is pretty good.
    Yes, 2 away wins over sides in the bottom 3 courtesy of own goals, deflections and a goalkeeping error in games where, for spells we were awful and were outplayed, is an indicator of good form.

Yes, 2 away wins over sides in the bottom 3 courtesy of own goals, deflections and a goalkeeping error in games where, for spells we were awful and were outplayed, is an indicator of good form.
    I did say points wise, not performance wise. Anyway isn’t the old football adage that a team that ekes out wins whilst playing poorly are a team going in the right direction. Christ, I think the football is dreadful at the moment and regardless of Wednesday’s & QPR’s League position I feared for us in the two away games. To come home with six points is not to be sniffed at. I fully expected us to plummet down the table after our festive games, it wasn’t to be though was it? Regardless of performance, our immediate current form according to the league table is very acceptable.

I am not having that you soppy tart , where we are is mid table and safe

9th , 12 th , 15th

Or on the edge of a nervous breakdown like you every time we lose possession and certain relegation

I will pay up with we finish higher than 13 th ,which is not good enough for the play offs but still a useful side but shows bulut is a good manager despite you continually analysing his decisions like a bargain basement Leighton James

You are getting the easy part......13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 etc which will still be a great season considering what we had last season and our squad and will clearly show you up as you have been shrieking about relegation ......but it will give you excuses like yeah but without our good start and all that nonsense we could have gone down cobblers you pessimistic hypochondriac

Giving you 14th downwards is a winner takes it all in reality before any more games as its unlikely we are going to be in that top section but I am offering it to you on a plate

If I lose and you can't be bothered to go to the game that confirms our final league position and are baking cakes or out on the piss with your South Wales Opera Support Group I will send it the post

Have it

What a melt

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I did say points wise, not performance wise. Anyway isn’t the old football adage that a team that ekes out wins whilst playing poorly are a team going in the right direction. Christ, I think the football is dreadful at the moment and regardless of Wednesday’s & QPR’s League position I feared for us in the two away games. To come home with six points is not to be sniffed at. I fully expected us to plummet down the table after our festive games, it wasn’t to be though was it? Regardless of performance, our immediate current form according to the league table is very acceptable.
    As long as we play attractive football Eric will be happy

If we drop all the way to league 2 at least our tradition with be intact

Points win prizes in the minds of the criminally insane

I am not having that you soppy tart , where we are is mid table and safe

9th , 12 th , 15th

Or on the edge of a nervous breakdown like you every time we lose possession and certain relegation

I will pay up with we finish higher than 13 th ,which is not good enough for the play offs but still a useful side but shows bulut is a good manager despite you continually analysing his decisions like a bargain basement Leighton James

You are getting the easy part......13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 etc which will still be a great season considering what we had last season and our squad and will clearly show you up as you have been shrieking about relegation ......but it will give you excuses like yeah but without our good start and all that nonsense we could have gone down cobblers you pessimistic hypochondriac

Giving you 14th downwards is a winner takes it all in reality before any more games as its unlikely we are going to be in that top section but I am offering it to you on a plate

If I lose and you can't be bothered to go to the game that confirms our final league position and are baking cakes or out on the piss with your South Wales Opera Support Group I will send it the post

Have it
    Yes you are having that.

Where we are
    That's 9th place.

Now, if you're not confident about finishing 9th then say so. Bet is off.