+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luke Littler for Sports personality of the year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Luke Littler for Sports personality of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    What is your definition of sport?

Most, but not all sports, rely upon the ability to be 'fit' in terms of strength, stamina etc ... archery, some forms of fishing, curling, bowls, snooker, billiards, chess, recreational golf etc

Darts requires hand-eye co-ordination, mental strength, the ability for the brain to do swift mathematical calculations and at the highest level to perform under intense pressure of a noisy crowd.

I don't think 'personality' has to be part of an argument whether Darts is a sport
    It doesnt, but the questionable nature on if darts is a sport coupled with the fact that the kid hasnt shown much personality yet would imho suggests that LL wouldnt win sports personality of the year which was the question posed.

It's all subjective right? Out of interest does poker count as a sport for you? that also requires, mental strength, the brain to do swift mathematical calculations and sometimes under the pressure of a crowd.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Luke Littler for Sports personality of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    It doesnt, but the questionable nature on if darts is a sport coupled with the fact that the kid hasnt shown much personality yet would imho suggests that LL wouldnt win sports personality of the year which was the question posed.

It's all subjective right? Out of interest does poker count as a sport for you? that also requires, mental strength, the brain to do swift mathematical calculations and sometimes under the pressure of a crowd.
    Of course your opinion whether darts is a sport is subjective. I just wanted to add a counter argument.

Don't know much about Poker as a sport / competition. I assume there need to be tournaments involved to qualify it as a type of sport. Is computer gaming classified as a sport?

Going back to 'darts', I base my opinion on the fact that it is a competition between two (or four in doubles) players in a tournament, with ultimate winners & onlooking spectators.

Sport can be classified into two or perhaps even more categories ... those requiring a particular level of physical fitness and those that do not.