+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Labour leader hopeful Jeremy Miles' 20mph review pledge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Welsh Labour leader hopeful Jeremy Miles' 20mph review pledge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's simple. Labour realise the mess they've made with this 20mph policy. They think there are votes in this. No different to the Westminster Conservatives, who will keep going with immigration in the hope of votes.
    Took them long enough, they'll be better without Drakeford.

I always said they would panic before the election as it would lose them votes, many disagreed, but it was so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Took them long enough, they'll be better without Drakeford.

I always said they would panic before the election as it would lose them votes, many disagreed, but it was so obvious.
    I wouldn't call it panic, neither do I think it would have cost them votes. Not that many switch from Labour to Plaid. The Tories aren't electable in Wales. Lib Dem is a wasted vote so, unless you've got a strong independant in your area, not much would change. However, I think some voters would look at this as a party making the right call after getting something wrong. Opponents will call it a u-turn, but I don't have a problem with u-turns if the end result is right.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wouldn't call it panic, neither do I think it would have cost them votes. Not that many switch from Labour to Plaid. The Tories aren't electable in Wales. Lib Dem is a wasted vote so, unless you've got a strong independant in your area, not much would change. However, I think some voters would look at this as a party making the right call after getting something wrong. Opponents will call it a u-turn, but I don't have a problem with u-turns if the end result is right.
    Agree on the last bit, they need a lot of u-turns after Drakeford, look at every policy, and change 99%.

It would have cost them votes, that's the reason to review, win more votes back.

Tories in Westminster are the same, go big on immigration or lose even more votes, although way to late.