+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Re: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I was just going to write the same thing myself

That Paula woman gotta do 12 years at least
    Absolutely, with that great salary comes great responsibility and accountability !!

But, Vernells is the top of the iceberg where is Adam Crozier most the the early lying was during his watch

What I can’t get my head around is, when there were around 2500 post masters/mistresses losing money with Horizon, someone should have realised the system was wrong or did they think,that all of these people,all of a sudden decided to become criminals and start stealing money, when they’d been perfectly honest up until that time.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    What I can’t get my head around is, when there were around 2500 post masters/mistresses losing money with Horizon, someone should have realised the system was wrong or did they think,that all of these people,all of a sudden decided to become criminals and start stealing money, when they’d been perfectly honest up until that time.
    If you read the whole synopsis above, it states that they knew about it, but decided to sack the people who knew about it and cover it up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    There are always going to be some branches where the owners or their staff were stealing, that happened long before Horizon and will happen forever. They should have data on what percentage of people that usually is and spot a big increase.

There will no doubt also be people now claiming they were affected and looking for compensation, that's the way of the World.

You have to wonder whether even the judges/magistrates who heard the court cases were entirely blameless and impartial.
    How could so many be hoodwinked by the 'evidence' presented in court.
    And the defence lawyers - how qualified and professional were they?
    If you start with the basic premise that MPs and part of the government was party to the cover-up, the abuse of privilege at so many levels becomes a possibility.
    The findings of this enquiry could be far reaching, and the police and public prosecutors could be very busy in early 2025.

Another inconsistent factor were some of the sentences handed out, one went to prison for 9 months, another had a suspended sentence and another had community service. Hopefully, the Police will take over any future investigations and get rid of the PO investigators. At least the Police will have linked the numbers and not cover the PO’s arse.

I think this definitely raises the possibility of large scale theft having taken place - the alternative that all of that public money was spent on a face saving exercise for high ups in the Post Office almost seems worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68663750

I'm going to see Toby Jones talking about the case at Hay festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I'm going to see Toby Jones talking about the case at Hay festival.
    Me too. Love the Hay Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think this definitely raises the possibility of large scale theft having taken place - the alternative that all of that public money was spent on a face saving exercise for high ups in the Post Office almost seems worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68663750
    There really needs to be jail time for post office executives and lawyers who were complicit in the jailing and death of innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There really needs to be jail time for post office executives and lawyers who were complicit in the jailing and death of innocent people.
    Definitely.
    This is large scale fraud, perjury, misleading the court, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Me too. Love the Hay Festival.
    There will be stacks of people there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There will be stacks of people there.....
    I know Rick is going, giant of a man!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Definitely.
    This is large scale fraud, perjury, misleading the court, etc, etc.
    Not just jail time, they need their assets seized
    Theft on an industrial scale, hit the greedy bastards where it will really hurt them