+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Mr Bates V's the Post Office

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just signed aswell.
    100k was hit an hour ago so that's 8k since then.
    She'll have to return it voluntarily now if she has any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The hypocritical cow only preaches in church as well

She probably has sense, but no morals.

She should be made to return her hefty bonus as well - "Earned" while postmasters were being convicted and even dying.

Petition apparently up to 280,000 now

International

Alan Bates comes across as humble and the show captured that so well, that is what has helped to get the public behind them. I understand how angry they must be but I think some need to learn from his approach and remain humble, they will start to lose some public sympathy if they start shouting at ministers and demanding millions and saying £600K is not enough. They should leave the solicitors play hardball and get maximum payouts, and continue to portray the hard done by quiet little sub-postmaster image who were smashed by a massive government-backed organisation.

Alan Bates comes across as humble and the show captured that so well, that is what has helped to get the public behind them. I understand how angry they must be but I think some need to learn from his approach and remain humble, they will start to lose some public sympathy if they start shouting at ministers and demanding millions and saying £600K is not enough. They should leave the solicitors play hardball and get maximum payouts, and continue to portray the hard done by quiet little sub-postmaster image who were smashed by a massive government-backed organisation.
    Your take from all this is that postmasters vilified and jailed should remain humble? Bollox to that, I’d be absolutely frothing at the mouth until all those who covered up this scandal are brought to book and I received millions in compensation.