+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Swansea Manager

New Swansea Manager

Luke Williams from Notts County. Feels like a good appointment unfortunately

Re: New Swansea Manager

He was assistant to Russell Martin at MK Dons and Swansea before he took the Notts County job. Like you, i think that it could be a good fit, Although Swansea as a club is on the decline a bit. They were mad to get rid of Martin, i didn't rate him for a long while as i had him down as a bit of a blagger, but he has got Southampton playing and seems to have stopped conceding daft goals over a short period of time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was assistant to Russell Martin at MK Dons and Swansea before he took the Notts County job. Like you, i think that it could be a good fit, Although Swansea as a club is on the decline a bit. They were mad to get rid of Martin, i didn't rate him for a long while as i had him down as a bit of a blagger, but he has got Southampton playing and seems to have stopped conceding daft goals over a short period of time.
    I still don't rate Martin, the relegated teams should all finish top three with the budgets and quality of players they already have, we won't really see if he is any good unless they are promoted and then I think he will fail, and be sacked.

International

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Luke Williams from Notts County. Feels like a good appointment unfortunately
    Interesting, the players are deciding who they want.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-luke-28369156

It's understood a couple of senior players in the Swans squad had privately backed the idea to bring Williams back to south Wales, although it's not clear whether that has played any part in the club's decision.

Fingers crossed he tries to change too much too quickly, they fail miserably we do a doube doube and they get relegated!

They didn’t “get rid” of Martin, he was poached by Soton and they even received some compensation for it.

It’ll be interesting to see how Luke Williams does without Langstaff up front… unless he goes back for him?

With the exception of Bulut, Swansea’s approach to managerial appointments, with the odd exception like Brad Bobley, has been the exact opposite to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    They didn’t “get rid” of Martin, he was poached by Soton and they even received some compensation for it.

It’ll be interesting to see how Luke Williams does without Langstaff up front… unless he goes back for him?
    Ah, I stand corrected. He wasn't popular amongst the fans though, neither was cooper or potter to a lesser degree.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    With the exception of Bulut, Swansea’s approach to managerial appointments, with the odd exception like Brad Bobley, has been the exact opposite to ours.
    Very good record, I haven't heard of this one, but I said the same with Potter and didn't think Brendon would do much at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Very good record, I haven't heard of this one, but I said the same with Potter and didn't think Brendon would do much at the time.
    Yes, same as me then.

I reckon it’s a great appointment, shame for Notts County though

Swansea City are considered a good job in football

First signing will be Macauley Langstaff

How much compo will they have to pay?