+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starmer Speech Yesterday

Starmer Speech Yesterday

Well he's got to be better than the Tories but it's like watching paint dry

I don't know who writes stuff for him but it's so boring

Absolutely no charisma and far too much as if he's talking to the already paid up members of the local Labour Party at a coffee morning or the party conference

He needs to be up there simply and effectively putting the case for a change of government but he's always drifting into punch and Judy nonsense

The Tories have dug their own grave now he's got to be slowly shovelling in the dirt spade by spade

I think he's hopeless like most Labour and Liberal opposition leaders in my lifetime

Good to hear the liberals are focusing on tory seats in the south though it may even be a pact with Labour to enable an attack on the red wall and Scotland

Pointless wasting money on putting up Labour candidates in Sussex or Berkshire but the liberals could sting them here

Re: Starmer Speech Yesterday

I think Labour will win this election but won't make any radical changes and carry on with the status quo which is making all of our lives worse. Due to this I reckon the tories will be back in within 5 years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...x=1704469417-1

Starmer fails to guarantee that Labour would deliver £28bn green pledge
    Party leader describes target as ‘a confident ambition’ and criticises those who accuse Labour of lacking detailed policies

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well he's got to be better than the Tories but it's like watching paint dry

I don't know who writes stuff for him but it's so boring

Absolutely no charisma and far too much as if he's talking to the already paid up members of the local Labour Party at a coffee morning or the party conference

He needs to be up there simply and effectively putting the case for a change of government but he's always drifting into punch and Judy nonsense

The Tories have dug their own grave now he's got to be slowly shovelling in the dirt spade by spade

I think he's hopeless like most Labour and Liberal opposition leaders in my lifetime

Good to hear the liberals are focusing on tory seats in the south though it may even be a pact with Labour to enable an attack on the red wall and Scotland

Pointless wasting money on putting up Labour candidates in Sussex or Berkshire but the liberals could sting them here
    Isn’t it time we got some boring competence? We’ve had enough of self seeking clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Isn’t it time we got some boring competence? We’ve had enough of self seeking clowns.
    It is interesting that we, the public, are often swayed by charisma - and yet many of the biggest political scoundrels made it to the top because many of their shortfalls and corruption were masked by such a quality.

P.S. I'm currently reading Christopher Hitchens' excoriating book about Bill Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Weve had boring and incompetence in Drakeflop. It's not only self seeking clowns that make it to the top job.
    Weve seen what can happen when the Lib Dems are given a bit of power in Clegg (free tuition fees... and Ed Davey Mr Post Office fixer)
    We've seen Sturgeon (self seeking and competent - but flawed) be arrested for fiddling the books in Scotland.

It's all a murky world in politics. I was talking to an acquaintance last week re Welsh Gov - and the dodgy contracts that awarded (mainly to people in the county club and the lodge) and how some companies are totally ignored. Im sure it happens at Westminster and Holyrood obviously.

If elected Starma will be gone within 5 years - ousted by Wes Streeting I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I think Labour will win this election but won't make any radical changes and carry on with the status quo which is making all of our lives worse. Due to this I reckon the tories will be back in within 5 years.
    Exactly.