+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup Memories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I was right in line with it Steve and i am sure McKenzie stepped on the heel of lamour's boot and then got away from him. He seemed to take on a few players and calmly slot the ball in the net.
    Spedger
    Here's the goal. Maybe Lamour should have gone down clutching his ankle. McKenzie was not as clinical as I remember. If there was some less panicky defending we could have got away with it. But there wasn't. And we didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Uo...nnel=stevelina

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Here's the goal. Maybe Lamour should have gone down clutching his ankle. McKenzie was not as clinical as I remember. If there was some less panicky defending we could have got away with it. But there wasn't. And we didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Uo...nnel=stevelina
    Thanks for posting. That is the first time I have seen that goal since that day.

I couldn't remember the run on goal, and I can now see what theotherbobwilson thought could have been a foul in the lead up to it.

However I am surprised about how close I was to remembering the last few seconds... I mean about the oil tanker sixpence turn, and the lack of a challenge by the City players.

The other thing I had forgotten about that game was that there were other goals scored; I always thought we were beaten 0-1. It would be interesting to see the Tony (walks on water) Evans goal.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Thanks for posting. That is the first time I have seen that goal since that day.

I couldn't remember the run on goal, and I can now see what theotherbobwilson thought could have been a foul in the lead up to it.

However I am surprised about how close I was to remembering the last few seconds... I mean about the oil tanker sixpence turn, and the lack of a challenge by the City players.

The other thing I had forgotten about that game was that there were other goals scored; I always thought we were beaten 0-1. It would be interesting to see the Tony (walks on water) Evans goal.
    Given the state of that penalty area, he did well to turn at all!