+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FC Nantes Indicted Over Use of Unauthorised Agents

FC Nantes Indicted Over Use of Unauthorised Agents

Re: FC Nantes Indicted Over Use of Unauthorised Agents

The article on the Trust website which forms the basis of the email to its members highlights the use of unauthorised agents by FC Nantes and also refers to arrests in June 2023

The enclosed link details the arrests of FC Nantes President and owner Waldemar Kita and his son

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...olice-custody/

The investigation into them was in respect of not only the illegal activity of agents but also forgery, misuse of corporate assets, money laundering of aggravated tax evasion and organised money laundering

Warnock really got us involved with some nice people

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The article on the Trust website which forms the basis of the email to its members highlights the use of unauthorised agents by FC Nantes and also refers to arrests in June 2023

The enclosed link details the arrests of FC Nantes President and owner Waldemar Kita and his son

The investigation into them was in respect of not only the illegal activity of agents but also forgery, misuse of corporate assets, money laundering of aggravated tax evasion and organised money laundering

Yes indeed...but it also augurs well for a favourable end result....

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post

The player was identified as suitable and the club went after him. At that point how would anyone have known what sort of people they were dealing with or what was going to happen ? It does however appear that this information will only strengthen City’s case.

I think that some of the people on this board would do well to read this statement, made on December 31st -

Emiliano Sala Trust Fund: Our Chair’s View
    admin December 31, 2023

Trust chair Keith Morgan
    Ever since the tragic events of nearly five years ago, Cardiff City has received (in my view, unfairly) criticism from a small group of supporters about the way they have pursued legal actions and not considered enough the moral issues of the impact of the tragedy on Emiliano’s family.

Perhaps those fans have forgotten or weren’t aware that club owner Vincent Tan made a very substantial contribution into a Trust fund for the family’s benefit shortly after the accident occurred.

In contrast, FC Nantes were also asked to make a contribution into the fund in honour of their former player but declined to do so.

I believe the club has acted honourably in relation to the Sala family.

Keith Morgan

Chair

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that some of the people on this board would do well to read this statement, made on December 31st -

Emiliano Sala Trust Fund: Our Chair’s View
    admin December 31, 2023

Trust chair Keith Morgan
    Ever since the tragic events of nearly five years ago, Cardiff City has received (in my view, unfairly) criticism from a small group of supporters about the way they have pursued legal actions and not considered enough the moral issues of the impact of the tragedy on Emiliano’s family.

Perhaps those fans have forgotten or weren’t aware that club owner Vincent Tan made a very substantial contribution into a Trust fund for the family’s benefit shortly after the accident occurred.

In contrast, FC Nantes were also asked to make a contribution into the fund in honour of their former player but declined to do so.

I believe the club has acted honourably in relation to the Sala family.

Keith Morgan

Chair
    I don't think anyone, or at least anyone I know, disagrees with this statement made by by Keith in his capacity as Chair of the Trust but what has it got to do with his further revelations of the sort of people we ended up dealing with ?

Warnock, a very influential and senior employee of our club at the time, was heavily involved in the situation from start to tragic end. Does it follow that to all intents and purposes his role in the whole affair was with the club’s blessing? Or did he go rogue? Given that fees were agreed and, presumably, about to be forwarded to Nantes, our club were aware of the way things were being dealt with and were either fully involved with all knowledge or were happy to let a senior employee conduct things in the club’s name in his own questionable way.

For what it’s worth, I think Warnock played the City like a penny whistle on numerous occasions and I hope that any further mud slinging aimed our way is aimed at him with the club claiming ‘football business’ naivety. For that’s what it was in a good few of his antics.