+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cian Ashford

Cian Ashford

Looked a class above everyone else today. Start the boy. Nothing to lose!

Re: Cian Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Looked a class above everyone else today. Start the boy. Nothing to lose!
    Quite. I see Premier League sides playing teenagers who have blinders, yet we seem reluctant to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite. I see Premier League sides playing teenagers who have blinders, yet we seem reluctant to do the same.
    His movement and all round play was great to see. Almost scored too. Gotta give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    His movement and all round play was great to see. Almost scored too. Gotta give him a chance.
    He should have scored and I was surprised when he missed, he scores goals like that all of the time in ade level football.

Agree....he did well apart from the miss, as did Joel Colwill and Evans. Surely they must get SOME first team game time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Agree....he did well apart from the miss, as did Joel Colwill and Evans. Surely they must get SOME first team game time soon.
    Yes, I would like to see him gradually given more game time. I don't follow the U21 avidly, but when I watch their highlights, he's always one that stands out, as is Xavier Benjamin, to be fair.

I missed the game

Where did he play? What sort of player was he like?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I missed the game

Where did he play? What sort of player was he like?
    He’s a striker/10 from what I could see of him. Very silky movement in receiving and moving with the ball. Barely put a foot wrong and almost scored.

He looks like a decent player, but he also looks like a 14 year old kid. He needs to gain some muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He looks like a decent player, but he also looks like a 14 year old kid. He needs to gain some muscle.
    yes...but so did many other youngsters......Ramsey...Toshak.....Michael Owen to name but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Didn’t stop him gliding around and past the experienced pros.

Premiership totally different, it's a far better option for younger players as there is quality around them to protect them and better officialdom, championship is unforgiven

Well..it is all relevant....Premier league better surrounding players....but also better defenders....so level down a notch and it becomes even again...not quite as good defenders...allows less talented youngsters to shine.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Premiership totally different, it's a far better option for younger players as there is quality around them to protect them and better officialdom, championship is unforgiven
    Starring Clint Eastwood

Can he defend though?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yes...but so did many other youngsters......Ramsey...Toshak.....Michael Owen to name but a few.
    You'll never win anything with kids

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Can he defend though?
    If he can tackle and head in a corner he'll be perfect!

Love Bulut to be bold and start him. No one else is scoring..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Plymouth midfield players are.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He missed an open goal, he’ll fit in quite nicely.

Watched him at under 18 and under 21. Very impressive boy already attracting attention from Prem. scouts. Only time will tell. I like the fact that without him being cocky he knows he’s good!