Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footballers and tattoos!!

Re: Footballers and tattoos!!

Global Tattoo Removal Market Expected to Reach $421.7 Million by 2028

http://tinyurl.com/4tvfbbyf

International

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I genuinely believe that youngsters of today do not concern themselves with the views of others, unless they come from their own peer group. Not too different from us when we were young I suppose but having a tattooed head and neck is slightly more extreme and permanent that growing your hair long.

There were of course rebellious types but by and large we were mindful of what other people would think of us, which would be brought into focus when you went for a job interview for instance.

I'm not being critical of today's youth or tattoo lovers in general. Good luck to them, they're not causing any harm but the difference in standards nowadays are so stark to what we were used to, it's no wonder that views on tattoos in particular can be so divisive.
    Thats true, there were punks who would basically look as daft as they could with green hair zips and all that nonsense, but when they got to thirty they could grow up and no one would know, these lot are going to look right bellends at 80 with tattooed heads, necks, boobs an aunty annies.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Why does anyone care?

People have been tattooing themselves for 5000 years and will continue to do so.

50 years ago down the pub there were grumpy old men saying why are these footballers growing their hair long and wearing fruity clothing.

Let them do what they want its not harming anyone on here.
    I don't think anyone does, they are just expressing an opinion, good luck to em.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I don't think anyone does, they are just expressing an opinion, good luck to em.
    Enough to be calling them all bellends, dickheads, sheeple and thick.

If people should act, dress and appear their age, without judgement, I hope the bulk of this board are wearing brown slacks and shoes purchased from the backs of magazines.

If people should act, dress and appear their age, without judgement, I hope the bulk of this board are wearing brown slacks and shoes purchased from the backs of magazines.
    Very comfortable - no need for a belt..

International

It doesn't mean that people care, just that they think they are daft.

Lots of daft people about I don't care it's up to them.

Like people in brown slacks and shoes from magazines, they'll look a bit daft but up to them.

And not everyone called them ALL - those terms mentioned.

Not a fan of tattos but over the last few seasons or so i've found the latest craze is the socks over the knees. Gets me mad when i see it. Without sounding sexist,its the sort of thing you expect women to do.

One day a footballer may have tattooed some socks over his knees

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Not a fan of tattos but over the last few seasons or so i've found the latest craze is the socks over the knees. Gets me mad when i see it. Without sounding sexist,its the sort of thing you expect women to do.
    It’s socks half a yard below the knees now with a tiny shin? pad. Although I reckon Colwill is wearing normal length socks and he’s had another growth spurt.

Thats true, there were punks who would basically look as daft as they could with green hair zips and all that nonsense, but when they got to thirty they could grow up and no one would know, these lot are going to look right bellends at 80 with tattooed heads, necks, boobs an aunty annies.
    try telling this lot

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    One of our players, possibly Karlan Grant, has three holes in the back of his socks, strategically placed down the back of his calf.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    One of our players, possibly Karlan Grant, has three holes in the back of his socks, strategically placed down the back of his calf.
    grant.jpg

And looking at that pic his socks are over his knee and he has a tat.

Bingo!

I have a Cardiff City Tattoo amongst others.
    Anyone else have City Tatts?

Doc Graham did my first Tattoo 30 years ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    try telling this lot

Tan fans

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I have a Cardiff City Tattoo amongst others.
    Anyone else have City Tatts?

Doc Graham did my first Tattoo 30 years ago.
    I hope somewhere there is a promotion plastic with a red sleeve and the red Tan badge on his chest

I hope somewhere there is a promotion plastic with a red sleeve and the red Tan badge on his chest
    Looks like someone has one with the maggot on it:
    Screenshot_2024-01-09-08-05-54-888_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

A lot of players do that now. It is reckoned that they do it to remove pressure on the calves.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    A lot of players do that now. It is reckoned that they do it to remove pressure on the calves.
    Yes that's probably sensible it's not a fashion statement.

I noticed Bakayo Saka with holes in his socks.
    At first I thought they were from a tackle but they were far too symmetrical which made me think that they were team socks.

Sounds like just another latest fashion gimmick to go with Robbie Fowler's tape across his nose (clear the airways?) and Patrick Vierra's Vic on his shirt to do similar.
    The latter does make some sense though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I noticed Bakayo Saka with holes in his socks.
    At first I thought they were from a tackle but they were far too symmetrical which made me think that they were team socks.

Sounds like just another latest fashion gimmick to go with Robbie Fowler's tape across his nose (clear the airways?) and Patrick Vierra's Vic on his shirt to do similar.
    The latter does make some sense though.
    Some physio's are recommending it, the socks are made too tight apparently for some players.

With the weather turning on the cold side we might well see a few Keith Weller style tights to go with the gloves that are very popular this time of year.