+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A unique record for Cardiff City?

A unique record for Cardiff City?

No way of accurately answering this question I reckon, but are Cardiff City the only EFL club to miss two penalties in the first ten minutes of a match and also miss two in the last couple of minutes of another game (Wolves in 2018)? My guess is no, someone has done it before, but I reckon there's a good chance that we're the only one to have done it in the last six years.

Just thinking what I believed was going to happen just before the four players concerned took their penalties;-

Madine = no chance he'd score.
    Hoilett = pretty confident he'd score.
    Wintle = expected him to score (he took a very good one to win the home league game with Wednesday).
    Robinson = thought he was going to miss.

Re: A unique record for Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No way of accurately answering this question I reckon, but are Cardiff City the only EFL club to miss two penalties in the first ten minutes of a match and also miss two in the last couple of minutes of another game (Wolves in 2018)? My guess is no, someone has done it before, but I reckon there's a good chance that we're the only one to have done it in the last six years.

Just thinking what I believed was going to happen just before the four players concerned took their penalties;-

Madine = no chance he'd score.
    Hoilett = pretty confident he'd score.
    Wintle = expected him to score (he took a very good one to win the home league game with Wednesday).
    Robinson = thought he was going to miss.
    Madine…..was very good save
    Hoilett…..was not confident
    Wintle….super confident in view of previous penalty
    Robinson..I give up