+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Plumbers here?

Any Plumbers here?

The drain valve on my hot water tank is dripping from the outlet (controlled by the red switch)....
    The whole thing is only about 2.5 years old so want to avoid calling a plumber if possible.

It may be that even over this timescale, some calcium is stopping the red switch from fully closing. I have tried the anti calcium formula sprays to no avail Is there a simple solution to stopping the drip?

Drain Valve.jpg

Re: Any Plumbers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    The drain valve on my hot water tank is dripping from the outlet (controlled by the red switch)....
    The whole thing is only about 2.5 years old so want to avoid calling a plumber if possible.

It may be that even over this timescale, some calcium is stopping the red switch from fully closing. I have tried the anti calcium formula sprays to no avail Is there a simple solution to stopping the drip?

Drain Valve.jpg
    Fair play Mo, we have on here
    Climate experts
    Plane crash experts
    Fiscal experts
    Covid experts
    Virology experts
    experts for everything depending on what is topical, unfortunately
    no plumbing experts!!!.
    Other than gas i do my own plumbing
    Hot water tank ?, it's all condensation boilers nowadays in blighty except for the climate nutters.

Is that valve a Caleffi 526 model ?
    https://www.waterware.co.nz/products...20mm-x-700kpa/

If it is, I'd have a scan on line for the Operation and instruction manual, the manual on the site linked only has the installation instructions, the OIM should give a parts breakdown & assembly instructions from your picture I'm presuming that it's leaking through the valve and not where the grey elbow is screwed on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Drain Valve.jpg
    Mo, the valve isn't fully closing, same thing happens with isolation valves. Get a new one, once they're ****ed it's difficult to repair them.

@heathblue "
    I"s that valve a Caleffi 526 model ?"
    https://www.waterware.co.nz/products...20mm-x-700kpa/

Certainly looks like it....I'll also have a search tomorrow.

"I'm presuming that it's leaking through the valve and not where the grey elbow is screwed on ? 2
    Correct......just seems like the red switch needs cleaning so it closes properly.

@Tuerto
    Things is that it's not even so much the cost of the part.....it's the cost of fitting it...not confident I can do that myself.