Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Technically as no prosection below 26mph, that's got to be a start

Re: Speed limit in Wales changed to 25mph

Anyone else see the “clown” talking about this

Like a sketch out of The Two Ronnie’s

It's a circus down there

let's be fair , you won't be happy until you're allowed to drive at 150 everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone else see the “clown” talking about this

Like a sketch out of The Two Ronnie’s
    I may not agree with much of what NCB says about the subject, but I've never called him a clown.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    let's be fair , you won't be happy until you're allowed to drive at 150 everywhere

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I may not agree with much of what NCB says about the subject, but I've never called him a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Technically as no prosection below 26mph, that's got to be a start
    All that money for 4mph….was over the Heath hospital today, jeez they could do with a big chunk of cash

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    All that money for 4mph….was over the Heath hospital today, jeez they could do with a big chunk of cash
    If we hadn't been forced to contribute to HS2 imagine how much more we'd have?

I've just braved the snow bomb and driven to Rumney and back maintaining 20 mph on the required roads, feel cheated !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we hadn't been forced to contribute to HS2 imagine how much more we'd have?
    Would have been wasted by the wag anyway…..

Would have been wasted by the wag anyway…..
    Yes, more money to spend on health and education would have been wasted.....

Yes, more money to spend on health and education would have been wasted.....
    No no, blowing it on road signs and airports was much better….3 weekly bin collections on the way soon I see too as council have no money apart from building cycle lanes

No no, blowing it on road signs and airports was much better….3 weekly bin collections on the way soon I see too as council have no money apart from building cycle lanes
    For invisible cyclists

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    For invisible cyclists
    We live in Wales, it rains 350 days a year, and cycling is lovely for the other 15 days a year, so let's build sh!t loads of cycle lanes, and block up all the car routes!

We live in Wales, it rains 350 days a year, and cycling is lovely for the other 15 days a year, so let's build sh!t loads of cycle lanes, and block up all the car routes!
    Are you totally against catering for other modes of transport, other than cars?

In Cardiff Caro Wild (Labour) and Hugh Thomas (Labour leader) have made air pollution worse - which is the complete opposite of what they wanted. They created a situation that causes traffic build up - so people just sit in their cars, vans, lorries etc and leyt the engines idle, whilst polluting the streets. Caro Wild is from Leeds quite how he ended up here I dont know. He already cost us 3 million by closing Castle street - and then being forced to re open it. And then spent 1,000,000 on a bus lane on Cathedral road that saves 30 seconds of journey time. And the lane they built is too narrow and looks like it will have to be re done.
    Idiots - and people who vote for them....

As for 20 mph Drakefraud couldnt wait to leave - out of his depth - just like Born Guessing and Jeremy (20mph) Miles. Dianne Abbot and her jailbird son would be a better option than the next 2 muppets putting themselves forward as 'Leader'

International

Are you totally against catering for other modes of transport, other than cars?
    Of course not, build a decent public transport system and then try and reduce traffic, not the wrong way around like Drippy's method.

I cycle for fun but it's impractical for transport to work, and how are pensioners going to be able to cycle from Aberdare/Caerphilly/Lisvane to Cardiff town centre?

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    In Cardiff Caro Wild (Labour) and Hugh Thomas (Labour leader) have made air pollution worse - which is the complete opposite of what they wanted. They created a situation that causes traffic build up - so people just sit in their cars, vans, lorries etc and leyt the engines idle, whilst polluting the streets. Caro Wild is from Leeds quite how he ended up here I dont know. He already cost us 3 million by closing Castle street - and then being forced to re open it. And then spent 1,000,000 on a bus lane on Cathedral road that saves 30 seconds of journey time. And the lane they built is too narrow and looks like it will have to be re done.
    Idiots - and people who vote for them....

As for 20 mph Drakefraud couldnt wait to leave - out of his depth - just like Born Guessing and Jeremy (20mph) Miles. Dianne Abbot and her jailbird son would be a better option than the next 2 muppets putting themselves forward as 'Leader'
    Exactly, how the hell has he got away with messing everything up on a whim?

Of course not, build a decent public transport system and then try and reduce traffic, not the wrong way around like Drippy's method.

I cycle for fun but it's impractical for transport to work, and how are pensioners going to be able to cycle from Aberdare/Caerphilly/Lisvane to Cardiff town centre?
    There's one flaw in this. Our public transport is that bad it'll take years and years to sort it out. Every day I read someone moaning about train cancellations, or that electrification is taking too long, or the new trains will be crap. There isn't a bottomless pit to get our railways up to a reasonable standard after decades of decline. When the metro is finally completed, it'll make a difference.

Bus services in Wales are shocking. Unless you live in a densely populated area, buses are too infrequent to be of use to most. Welsh Government policies have not helped the industry.

However, if you're going to encourage people to use public transport, journey times need to be reasonably similar to using the car or people won't bother. That means bus lanes that piss car drivers off. Someone mentioned that the one on Cathedral road saves 30 seconds. I bet it saves a damn sight more than that during peak time when the road is extremely busy. Buses that run late cost more money if extra time is needed, or they need more buses on the road to keep the same level of service. Who pays for that? Bus operators around Wales are barely breaking even as things stand and things are set to get worse. Where does the money come from to improve things? Nationalise them again? Put all services to tender?

One of the biggest issues we face isn't so much cars, roads or public transport, it's that desire that someone needs to get from A to B as quickly as they can at a precise moment without having to wait. I spent 11 years using public transport to go everywhere. Possible? Yes. Practical, no (most of the time). The truth is that too many of us are in too much of a hurry and need to be somewhere else now. That's the attitude that needs to change the most and I'll put my hand up and say I'm guilty of that as well.

International

There's one flaw in this. Our public transport is that bad it'll take years and years to sort it out. Every day I read someone moaning about train cancellations, or that electrification is taking too long, or the new trains will be crap. There isn't a bottomless pit to get our railways up to a reasonable standard after decades of decline. When the metro is finally completed, it'll make a difference.

Bus services in Wales are shocking. Unless you live in a densely populated area, buses are too infrequent to be of use to most. Welsh Government policies have not helped the industry.

However, if you're going to encourage people to use public transport, journey times need to be reasonably similar to using the car or people won't bother. That means bus lanes that piss car drivers off. Someone mentioned that the one on Cathedral road saves 30 seconds. I bet it saves a damn sight more than that during peak time when the road is extremely busy. Buses that run late cost more money if extra time is needed, or they need more buses on the road to keep the same level of service. Who pays for that? Bus operators around Wales are barely breaking even as things stand and things are set to get worse. Where does the money come from to improve things? Nationalise them again? Put all services to tender?

One of the biggest issues we face isn't so much cars, roads or public transport, it's that desire that someone needs to get from A to B as quickly as they can at a precise moment without having to wait. I spent 11 years using public transport to go everywhere. Possible? Yes. Practical, no (most of the time). The truth is that too many of us are in too much of a hurry and need to be somewhere else now. That's the attitude that needs to change the most and I'll put my hand up and say I'm guilty of that as well.
    Slow the buses to 20mph, great that really helps them run on time.

Slow the buses to 20mph, great that really helps them run on time.
    In the grand scheme of things, the 20mph limits are less of a threat to the bus industry than the little-known mirror wasp, which can cause havoc during the summer as they all cling to bus mirrors to get a peek at themselves.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...ebook-28449407

interesting article on some of the vocal opposition groups to the 20mph limit ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...ebook-28449407

interesting article on some of the vocal opposition groups to the 20mph limit ..
    Nobody is more anti-Tory than me, but I don't see how it makes any difference who set up these Facebook groups. If they were trying to push an agenda, fair enough, but I don't think that's the case here. It might be trying to cash in on something unpopular, but let's face it, the roll out of 20mph is deeply unpopular, even among Labour voters.

What i find interesting is that there is no data already. In this article, it again states that as as accidents and deaths will be dramatically cut over the decade. I know it takes time to get a full picture, but its been operational for several months now. There should already be some data?