+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I haven't seen the game but how much of it is due to the players and how much the manager/coaching staff ? Is Bulut really the man to take the club forward ?

As others have said, even when there is a gulf in class as there is in some FA cup ties, the underdogs usually show spirit and go down fighting.
    This is an important question. Ok he brings in some new recruits but what will he do with them? Will we see the same passive crap just with some better quality players admiring the opposition?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We are doing well to be mid table after no money spent for so long, Ramsey missing half the season, a few signings and I reckon we’d get up to 6-8 maybe….shame keifer deal is taking so long, he obviously just wants to move here, no doubt his misses is happy here and wears the trousers
    I fully agree. It's been quite painful viewing recently, but not overly surprising with the injuries and lack of depth. It's still good progress over the last two seasons, with almost nothing spent.

Unless Ramsey is due back soon, we desperately need someone in the middle to come in to offer something different to the 3 identical holding players we currently start with. As many others have said, we set up like we are playing damage limitation from the first minute. Rather lose 4 or 5 nil whlist at least trying to do something.

It was pretty disgraceful today even allowing for the disparity in class.

Thank goodness we have a buffer to the bottom 3. Our football has gone to the dogs over last couple of months. Some blame must be attached to Bulit who has, in my opinion, shown a naivety to what is needed in the Championship.
    We definitely need reinforcements, I think we all hoped we would see them by now, although it is looking increasingly likely that we will be facing Plymouth with the same squad.

Shocking performance, I took a Leeds fan with me today who said he couldn’t believe how passive and poor we were.

He found it hard to even get motivated to take the mickey out of me which I have done to him many times in the past. He couldn’t understand how we were so high in the table and said along with Rotherham we were the worst side he’s seen Leeds play this season .

Alnwick did his job, Colwill tried, the rest were an embarrassment. At least the 3 Welsh players in the Leeds team look in good form and hopefully can take that into the playoffs but we did make it very easy for them.

We looked beaten from the start , we started slowly and got worse

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    This is an important question. Ok he brings in some new recruits but what will he do with them? Will we see the same passive crap just with some better quality players admiring the opposition?
    Rather than continuously change managers I feel we have no option but to entrust Bulut with bringing in players he feels will make a difference. If the performances do not improve once the new players have been bedded in......then Tan/Dalman may have to consider other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Rather than continuously change managers I feel we have no option but to entrust Bulut with bringing in players he feels will make a difference. If the performances do not improve once the new players have been bedded in......then Tan/Dalman may have to consider other options.
    Of course we should trust and back bulut

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course we should trust and back bulut
    "We should"?
    That seems a bit like blind faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "We should"?
    What other options are there but to keep chopping and changing managers mid season ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course we should trust and back
    bulut
    Probably the most uninspiring manager we have ever had. Do you watch any of our games?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    The club is a joke, came out of the ground and tried to turn right onto sloper rd only to be met by a line of police blocking the road. Was there any announcement before the game?
    Even I knew about that.

Probably the most uninspiring manager we have ever had. Do you watch any of our games?
    I wouldn't go that far but he does have questions to answer. The team are disorganised, disfunctional and less than the sum of their parts. I can take a 3-0 loss to that Leeds side, but the performance was abject.

I was pleased with the recruitment of Goutas and Siopis, but Siopis in particular has gone backwards under Bulut's stewardship. We do need stability but Bulut does need to produce a response to the the current series of woeful performances.

Couple of comments from elsewhere:

"It was hard to blame the Bluebirds' supporters (for booing). It is one thing to be outplayed by a better side, quite another to offer such limp resistance in response."

"We have had some right battles with Cardiff down the years. How strange to see such a limp display from them."

"f it had been a Boxing Match the referee would have stopped it, such was Leeds supremacy."

"Shocking display from Cardiff, no fight, no desire and no hope once Leeds had scored the first goal. Today was embarrassing for the City fans, totally let down by a passive surrender from the players and woefully poor coaching."

I am really dismayed this evening...

NYC, Where was it advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "We should"?
    do we really want to go on the manager merry go round again...the reason we are getting beat is because of Tans' short arm and deep pockets

When the ball was in our half we struggled to get over the halfway line. When the ball was in their half we struggled to get over the halfway line. All down to Bulut and his tactics

I saw it advertised yesterday. Can't find where but it was in some news feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    do we really want to go on the manager merry go round again...the reason we are getting beat is because of Tans' short arm and deep pockets
    Bang on! And it's his way or the highway. He expects us not to sign monkeys but only spend peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Thanks, I didn't see that.

On here

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...me-on-Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I did have a quick look on here but didn't see it. My fault

Feels like we're in limbo at the moment. We're all just waiting for something to change, including the team and the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Feels like we're in limbo at the moment. We're all just waiting for something to change, including the team and the manager.
    I sense some frustration from Bulut with lack of signings.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I sense some frustration from Bulut with lack of signings.
    Definitely. Tan not willing to spend, FFP issues, or just players preferring to go elsewhere?
    We have got 2 loan spaces available now. Could be that all we manage to do is replace them. Hopefully that can improve us at least a bit.