+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Definitely. Tan not willing to spend, FFP issues, or just players preferring to go elsewhere?
    We have got 2 loan spaces available now. Could be that all we manage to do is replace them. Hopefully that can improve us at least a bit.
    I think we will add but clearly we are already down on his list and the team we have are lacking in quality and depth. I understand some of the criticism of Bulut but I think think we are doing better than could be expected with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think we will add but clearly we are already down on his list and the team we have are lacking in quality and depth. I understand some of the criticism of Bulut but I think think we are doing better than could be expected with this team.
    Certainly can't complain about our league position after the last couple of seasons. We just need something to kickstart us for the rest of the season now. If that's not signings, Bulut will have to do it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Absolutely agree....I saw Grey make his debut and knew he was something special. 17....we simply don;t trust them at that age.
    Big difference is the likes of Leeds Utd take our most talented youngsters when they're 15 years old. We're left with the ones they don't want.

Certainly can't complain about our league position after the last couple of seasons. We just need something to kickstart us for the rest of the season now. If that's not signings, Bulut will have to do it himself.
    I think a number 10 is the key, one Bulut trusts. Be it Ramsey or another which I think will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Probably the most uninspiring manager we have ever had. Do you watch any of our games?
    You stupid jelly head

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "We should"?
    That seems a bit like blind faith.
    Blind faith?

A manager that using half a team of no hopers has got us to mid table safety

Too right I back him

Probably the most uninspiring manager we have ever had. Do you watch any of our games?
    Jesus wept! Did you not watch any of our games during Hibbert's 'Reign of Terror' ?

That was a load of crap

Not a shot on goal apparently

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

NYC, Where was it advertised?
    Blue tit was on about it in another thread earlier in the week

Bulut has a poor squad and no plan B
    No great surprise today

Well, I think you can complain about most of our recent home games - yes, you give some allowance that two of them have been against teams who have a huge advantage over the rest, but I say in my blog piece that I’ve found the West Brom, Millwall, Birmingham, Leicester and Leeds games virtually unwatchable because we started all of them as if we were scared stiff of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, I think you can complain about most of our recent home games - yes, you give some allowance that two of them have been against teams who have a huge advantage over the rest, but I say in my blog piece that I’ve found the West Brom, Millwall, Birmingham, Leicester and Leeds games virtually unwatchable because we started all of them as if we were scared stiff of the opposition.
    Agree.

Why they set up and started so passively is very frustrating. He's learned nothing from the Leicester game, I'll argue he's learned nothing since Ipswich away where the default position even when winning s game is to defend and see it out.

I like Bulut, he's improved the team but his strategy towards matches where City basically got a 'free hit' bemuses me.

It's not as if he can point to the fact City can defend.

Recent home matches haven't been exactly filled with entertainment.

As a customer not a supporter I want to see a team that has a go.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not a shot on goal apparently
    There was one very weak shot, more like a tap straight to their keeper.

Always amazes me that a not too Dis similar team can sweep aside the jacks a few months ago….does Rambo, Meite and Tanner (coming on at 70 mins ) make that much difference? What’s happened to the rest of the team, so meak

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Always amazes me that a not too Dis similar team can sweep aside the jacks a few months ago….does Rambo, Meite and Tanner (coming on at 70 mins ) make that much difference? What’s happened to the rest of the team, so meak
    This is as bad as the 5 centre halves approach that still didn’t work. If Bulut bored as to death and achieved a result it might be acceptable, reluctantly, but as things stand it’s dire AND failing.

Just watched the lowlights (can’t call the high), thank god I was too ill to make it yesterday !

Why oh why, do our players always seem to end up on their asses (not the donkey type)

F uck ing disgraceful, they should be ashamed

It's the same issues every week that Bulut doesn't seem interested in correcting, madness!

He played with 3 defensive midfielders to try and be solid and yet Leeds could easily have had 4 goals before he was forced to bring Colwill on.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Blind faith?

A manager that using half a team of no hopers has got us to mid table safety

Too right I back him
    not everybody thinks this is a team of no hopers. Infact some of us think a bunch of the players left out or moved into the incorrect positions are actually good enough for top 6.

Bulut is there to get the best out of his players and every single time he comes out blaming his players for their style of play and lack of heart he is actually blaming himself

im expecting this to whoosh over your head and some kind of insult in kind if you dare to respond at all ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's the same issues every week that Bulut doesn't seem interested in correcting, madness!

He played with 3 defensive midfielders to try and be solid and yet Leeds could easily have had 4 goals before he was forced to bring Colwill on.
    No disresect, it wouldn't have panned out any differently if colwill had started, although i completely agree with you, Colwill should have started, and he should start the next game, why not, we've seen enough of the others.

Extended Highlights:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Extended Highlights:

Who the hell wants to see that again!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    not everybody thinks this is a team of no hopers. Infact some of us think a bunch of the players left out or moved into the incorrect positions are actually good enough for top 6.

Bulut is there to get the best out of his players and every single time he comes out blaming his players for their style of play and lack of heart he is actually blaming himself

im expecting this to whoosh over your head and some kind of insult in kind if you dare to respond at all ofc.
    Anyone who thinks this team is anywhere near good enough to get top 6 this particular season, are just flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Anyone who thinks this team is anywhere near good enough to get top 6 this particular season, are just flat out wrong.
    lets use a little bit of logic here shall we?

3 points off the top 6 and most (even on this doomsday forum) seems to be under the impression we shouldve been playing a lot better.

i think playing even a bit better mightve snagged those 3 points...dont you? :)

Cardiff's strength is clearly not in their defensive play but in their attack. Imagine a world where cardiff field their attacking players and actually use an attacking tactic. Yes we'd conceded more but I'm yet to see a single game where turtling into the penalty area worked this season.

You may have forgotten due to the doomsday vibe on here. But we were ahead 2-0 at leeds away, ipswich and even leicester were on the ropes while we attacked. It was only when we attempted to "defend the lead" we got toppled over with ease.

Another manager fixated on fixing our weaknesses rather than exploiting our strengths

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    With a fit Ramsey.....or a similar sort of player and a few additions there is no doubt we would be probably 6 points better off

Which puts us in or very close to the play offs

So whilst we have put in some very poor performances this season we are 3 points off the possibility of a wild card hit at promotion

So clearly writing us off simply isn't rational

If you were to say ccfc deffo won't go down .....then I would 100 percent agree

But nowhere near the play offs ?

You just have to look at the table to realise thats not correct