+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Panzo has gone back then

International

Panzo has gone back then

That was a waste of money and a signing, but I suppose it would have been different with an injury or two in the middle.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ch...onathan-panzo/

Middlesbrough, Norwich City, Preston, Sunderland, and Birmingham City are among the potential suitors for Panzo due to their defensive needs and playing styles.

Which clubs need Panzo?
    The left-footed defender would be a useful addition for many clubs throughout the Championship, with mid-table sides and those chasing promotion the most likely to be able to attract Panzo.

Middlesborough, Norwich City and Preston have three particularly leaky defences among the league's mid-table sides and Panzo would be a suitable addition if they are interested.

Michael Carrick's Middlesborough side like to use the ball in defence and the Forest defender would fit into their style well.

Norwich City fans have been calling for change for most of the season and their ageing defence, featuring Grant Hanley, Ben Gibson and Shane Duffy, would benefit from the younger, more mobile addition on loan from the Premier League side.

Despite his success at Coventry City last season, it's unlikely that they will attempt to bring Panzo back following the summer recruitment of Joel Latibeaudiere, Liam Kitching, Luis Binks and Bobby Thomas in defence.

Sunderland are looking to maintain their position in the playoff positions and are somewhat light in defence following injuries to a number of key players, including Dennis Cirkin.

Michael Beale may look to bring the defender on loan to the Stadium of Light to offer some experience and depth to his very young side.

The most likely destination in the second tier could be Birmingham City. Panzo was linked with a move to St Andrews in the summer, before heading to Cardiff City and the Blues would certainly benefit from the arrival of another defender.

Re: Panzo has gone back then

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That was a waste of money and a signing, but I suppose it would have been different with an injury or two in the middle.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ch...onathan-panzo/

Middlesbrough, Norwich City, Preston, Sunderland, and Birmingham City are among the potential suitors for Panzo due to their defensive needs and playing styles.
    In fairness I think it was a necessary signing at the time and also a good signing in theory given his previous spell with Coventry - he has probably been a victim of reasonable form and a lack of injuries for goutas and McGuiness

Makes sense to return him as it'll free up a loan space for someone else.

I don’t think it was a waste of money, we needed a centre back and will need to replace him urgently. Thankfully McGuiness and Goutas have managed to play regularly. As mentions it frees up a loan as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    In fairness I think it was a necessary signing at the time and also a good signing in theory given his previous spell with Coventry - he has probably been a victim of reasonable form and a lack of injuries for goutas and McGuiness
    Agreed thankfully we didn't need him, but we had to have cover and will still need cover now, the few chances he had he didn't play very well and get a run going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I think that a fair assesment.

Look at the teams still linked with Panzo, how many of those five named are definitely worse than us? Playing Tanner at left back on Saturday was justified on the grounds that, Collins apart, there was no one else who could play there. Panzo could have played there and It’s worth remembering that Ralls was picked to play there earlier in the season.
    On the other hand, I don’t think he can have many complaints about not getting in at centreback - I’d say that over the first half of the season Goutas and McGuinness were among the top half dozen central defensive partnerships in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Look at the teams still linked with Panzo, how many of those five named are definitely worse than us? Playing Tanner at left back on Saturday was justified on the grounds that, Collins apart, there was no one else who could play there. Panzo could have played there and It’s worth remembering that Ralls was picked to play there earlier in the season.
    On the other hand, I don’t think he can have many complaints about not getting in at centreback - I’d say that over the first half of the season Goutas and McGuinness were among the top half dozen central defensive partnerships in the division.
    Rinomhota played LB in that early cup game - one of the ‘no defenders’ whacky line ups. He did no worse than the other round pegs the manager has put in square holes to confuse the opposition (and the fans, and the team)!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I don’t think it was a waste of money, we needed a centre back and will need to replace him urgently. Thankfully McGuiness and Goutas have managed to play regularly. As mentions it frees up a loan as well.
    Yeah there was clearly no loan fee, so it mush just have been wages, and I doubt he's on anything ridiculous.

We definitely need to bring in a replacement though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surely if he wasn’t going back he would have played at centre back. I assume they didn’t want him cup tied which seems fair.

We urgently need to replace him and probably need an another who can play CB and fill in right back.

He looked an absolute mess when I watched him

Is there a break clause on Denham's loan to Dundee United? He may as well sit on our bench rather than being stuck on theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post
    Is there a break clause on Denham's loan to Dundee United? He may as well sit on our bench rather than being stuck on theirs.
    Forgot about him