+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any solicitors on here? Credit agency advice if possible.

Re: Any solicitors on here? Credit agency advice if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sorry Maurice, I mean pay some money to the beneficiaries if they are in need and ask for the money, while retaining enough to pay the debt if they have to eventually?

Mind you if solicitors did get involved it would be better to retain a larger amount to pay the debt and cover the solicitor's fees.

Anyway, good luck Bob, let us know how it pans out!
    Surely until you have a deed of probate you cant make payments, and that wont be granted until all debts are settled.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Surely until you have a deed of probate you cant make payments, and that wont be granted until all debts are settled.
    That is correct....only funds needed for immediate expenses like funeral costs or mortgage payments may be accessed before probate.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Yes of course but he said everything else has been done, I took it to mean he had probate and this raised its head after probate was issued as it's a debt they wouldn't have declared as they didn't know about it.

If there are any solicitors on here that deal with probate and wills would you mind DMing me?

Not something I would like to put on a message board but really could use some basic advice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    That is correct....only funds needed for immediate expenses like funeral costs or mortgage payments may be accessed before probate.
    No,a bank may release up.to £50,000 without seeing a grant of probate ( or grant of administration where there is no will).

Banks have different policies on this. Some may stick to £5,000 somewhere between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    No,a bank may release up.to £50,000 without seeing a grant of probate ( or grant of administration where there is no will).

Banks have different policies on this. Some may stick to £5,000 somewhere between the two.
    Well....beware if they do: some views (amongst others)...https://www.stevens-bolton.com/site/...or-a-hindrance

Personally, having been Executor several times, I would not....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Well....beware if they do: some views (amongst others)...https://www.stevens-bolton.com/site/...or-a-hindrance

Personally, having been Executor several times, I would not....
    Of course I am aware of the dangers Maurice.

But I have done it myself.

It was my wifes estate.

Last October.

All she had was a bank account, a mortgage and a life policy. Two of which were in joint names

All three institutions were scrupulous in confirming my identity.

I accept it may be more tricky with a complex estate