+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: snow watch 2024...

Re: snow watch 2024...

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    As any weather bod will admit the accuracy of a forecast drops off alot beyond 3-4 days so I'll wait for the weekend before I start panic buying.
    It will be too late by then so no crying over spilt milk you don't have - you have been warned 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    As any weather bod will admit the accuracy of a forecast drops off alot beyond 3-4 days so I'll wait for the weekend before I start panic buying.
    I used to work closely with Royal Navy Meterologists (and had one of them as a lodger). Granted that it was back in the early 90s when the capture and processing of meteorological data was less sophisticated, he used to say that predictions beyond 5 days was a bit sketchy.

Panic stations at ours, down to our last 250 toilet rolls!!

Met Office saying there's a good chance of snow somewhere in the UK sometime next week, but too early to say any more than that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Quick before you can only buy 4 bog rolls and two packets of pasta
    They are the modern equivalent of five loaves and two fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They are the modern equivalent of five loaves and two fishes.
    Never realised they used loaves to wipe their ar*es in biblical times. They never mentioned that in the good Book.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    New York gets an average of 30 inches of snow a year. It hasn't snowed more than an inch here in over 700 days. The last significant snowfall I can remember was in February 2021.
    It was fecking cold in NYC early February last year. It shrank by bladder and I actually pissed myself travelling from Midtown to SoHo.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Never realised they used loaves to wipe their ar*es in biblical times. They never mentioned that in the good Book.
    You must have missed it:

The Gospel of St. John 3.4.2:

"We are thankful for the fishes, Oh lord - but as cleanliness is next to Godliness, how best should your flock keep our bodies clean after devouring such a repast"

Whereupon, the The Lord respondeth thus: "Use your loaf, my child".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    New York gets an average of 30 inches of snow a year. It hasn't snowed more than an inch here in over 700 days. The last significant snowfall I can remember was in February 2021.
    I flew into Newark maybe 6 or 7 years ago and the flight follows the Hudson for the last hour or so. It was frozen over most of the way, big river to freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You must have missed it:

The Gospel of St. John 3.4.2:

"We are thankful for the fishes, Oh lord - but as cleanliness is next to Godliness, how best should your flock keep our bodies clean after devouring such a repast"

Whereupon, the The Lord respondeth thus: "Use your loaf, my child".
    I only got as far as Luke but thank you for enlightening me my son and God bless you.