+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yemen

Yemen

The West attacked Yemen last night, one of the poorest countries on the planet, and it will make zero difference to the impact the Houthi's have had on commercial shipping in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, in fact, it will create more disruption I would have thought.

Re: Yemen

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The West attacked Yemen last night, one of the poorest countries on the planet, and it will make zero difference to the impact the Houthi's have had on commercial shipping in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, in fact, it will create more disruption I would have thought.
    Very likely. It has turned the temperature up a few more notches. Makes a change for USA and UK to act directly - not through their client Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Very likely. It has turned the temperature up a few more notches. Makes a change for USA and UK to act directly - not through their client Saudi Arabia.
    Yes that’s true …. How long has the conflict being going on now …. Sickening isn’t t it

Feck all action taken v Israel killing civilians

Threat to great Britain's trade

Rishi sends the planes in

What should we do when people attack ships then?

https://x.com/thecoastguy/status/174...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

No vote was undertaken in respect of military operations in Yemen

Thinking about the fact that some ships are taking the long route around the south of Africa so to avoid the Red Sea/Suez canal prompted me to have a look at what charges Egypt makes in the way of tolls. I guessed it must run into £millions but I was amazed to read that in 2022 they made $8 BILLION!!!

https://www.barrons.com/news/egypt-s...rd-01674659707

Just wondering if most shipping decided to do the detour, would that prompt Egypt to have a pop at the Houthi boys if they stand to lose that kind of dosh? Also I don't know what amount each individual ship pays in the way of tolls but the cost saving would go towards offsetting the extra cost of the detour.

I know the situation is very serious but I must admit I could not help but smile when I saw the video of the Houthi army spokesman - it looks like something straight from Monty Python's Flying Circus:

https://news.sky.com/video/yemen-hou...hment-13046755

The parallels with Gaza are so similar. There you have Hamas who don't really give a damn about the rest of the Palestinian people and in Yemen we have the Houthi boys who are more concerned about arming themselves whilst millions of ordinary Yemen folk and their children are starving to death. What a sick world.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What should we do when people attack ships then?
    If the people attacking ships are our friends ..

Absolutely nothing

You need more time off you are the same MO as before , it's boring

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Thinking about the fact that some ships are taking the long route around the south of Africa so to avoid the Red Sea/Suez canal prompted me to have a look at what charges Egypt makes in the way of tolls. I guessed it must run into £millions but I was amazed to read that in 2022 they made $8 BILLION!!!

https://www.barrons.com/news/egypt-s...rd-01674659707

Just wondering if most shipping decided to do the detour, would that prompt Egypt to have a pop at the Houthi boys if they stand to lose that kind of dosh? Also I don't know what amount each individual ship pays in the way of tolls but the cost saving would go towards offsetting the extra cost of the detour.

I know the situation is very serious but I must admit I could not help but smile when I saw the video of the Houthi army spokesman - it looks like something straight from Monty Python's Flying Circus:

https://news.sky.com/video/yemen-hou...hment-13046755

The parallels with Gaza are so similar. There you have Hamas who don't really give a damn about the rest of the Palestinian people and in Yemen we have the Houthi boys who are more concerned about arming themselves whilst millions of ordinary Yemen folk and their children are starving to death. What a sick world.
    But as long as Israel is free to do what it likes against international law ...then let's all please be quiet

Nothing to see here

how much do the offensive weapons used to attack ships cost ? maybe the poorest country on the planet should use it's money for the good of its people

https://x.com/thecoastguy/status/174...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

No vote was undertaken in respect of military operations in Yemen
    Now you know why Cameron was put in the HoL.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    how much do the offensive weapons used to attack ships cost ? maybe the poorest country on the planet should use it's money for the good of its people
    Do you think it’s that simple ?

Couldn’t the same be said for the UK where people are turning to food banks ?

Attacking ships in international waters. Attacking Navy ships.... would you let them continue or carry on ?

The places attacked were the places they were firing from.

ps the Houtis arent the Yemen Gov are they ? just a bunch of Iranian backed terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Feck all action taken v Israel killing civilians

Threat to great Britain's trade

Rishi sends the planes in
    Who do you support - the UK or the Houtis ? - Im sure the Houtis would love you to join them in cannon fodder brigade...you crack on dont mind us.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Who do you support - the UK or the Houtis ? - Im sure the Houtis would love you to join them in cannon fodder brigade...you crack on dont mind us.
    He'll be in like a shot if payment is in brown envelopes.

Sorry, what?

You also didn't answer the question. A bunch of rebels fire misiles at commercial and navy vessels. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Cardiff City

And anyone who pisses off the yanks and Israelis

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Sorry, what?

You also didn't answer the question. A bunch of rebels fire misiles at commercial and navy vessels. What do you do?
    What are you talking about now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    He'll be in like a shot if payment is in brown envelopes.

If we get casualties in the yemini straits I am sure your lot will get some votes out of it