+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fortress CCS

Fortress CCS

We have won 1 game at home since beating Bristol on October 28th ( I think we were 5-1-1 at home after that result) but since then we have only beaten Millwall and seem to start every game on the back foot , surrendering possession and territory , slow in possession…..crowd goes silent and wait to see if the team can muster a shot on target or build up a bit of pressure.
    Today like the previous game , Leicester , we waved the white flag and did nothing ….. I don’t know what has happen to the team and the tactics ..all I know it is like the previous seasons where there is simply no enjoyment watching what we are serving up !!!

Re: Fortress CCS

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    We have won 1 game at home since beating Bristol on October 28th ( I think we were 5-1-1 at home after that result) but since then we have only beaten Millwall and seem to start every game on the back foot , surrendering possession and territory , slow in possession…..crowd goes silent and wait to see if the team can muster a shot on target or build up a bit of pressure.
    Today like the previous game , Leicester , we waved the white flag and did nothing ….. I don’t know what has happen to the team and the tactics ..all I know it is like the previous seasons where there is simply no enjoyment watching what we are serving up !!!
    Absolutely spot on! Rubbish again at home, beaten comprehensively by a team who were better in all departments.

I hope the bloke who wrote that Guardian article was watching! Three home games since Xmas have netted one point!

Bulut has no plan B,

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    Absolutely spot on! Rubbish again at home, beaten comprehensively by a team who were better in all departments.

I hope the bloke who wrote that Guardian article was watching! Three home games since Xmas have netted one point!

Bulut has no plan B,
    In fairness, two of those were against Leicester and Leeds.

Leeds United are a recently relegated premier league side

They are better than us all over the park , in every position

Why are people surprised we got easily beaten today ?

Swansea City spent 5 times as much as we have oń players

They are below us as are several other sides

Bulut doesn't have a plan b because he only has half a decent side here and will need to,be backed to get rid of the dead wood and freshen up his squad

But he's not going to be given 20 million and even that's bird seed

What do people expect ?

Today was pitiful, 25k and barely a noise made.

The club have got their wish with a totally silent atmosphere and the performances reflect that. Deflating

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Leeds United are a recently relegated premier league side

They are better than us all over the park , in every position

Why are people surprised we got easily beaten today ?
    I'm not surprised that we were easily beaten today but that doesn't stop me being disappointed and frustrated with our players who struggle with basics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Today was pitiful, 25k and barely a noise made.

The club have got their wish with a totally silent atmosphere and the performances reflect that. Deflating
    It's the other way round, the silence reflects the performance.

It seems to me that this season there’s the normal championship full of average sides but also with 4-5 sides that are in a league of their own. I’ve always liked that in this league, on the day anyone can beat anyone but it feels less like it this year.

Recently we’ve played more of the teams we are nowhere near unfortunately.

And etete doesn’t help of course

Excellent post. No excuses we are shit at home at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

What do people expect ?
    To at least fecking try.

Well said Boss , I can accept losing to teams like Leicester and Leeds but let’s give it a go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    To at least fecking try.
    That's all we want is a team that battles. We know we haven't got the best team in the league but get stuck in ffs

I did not expect us to win at all today, but on the pitch we were very static, we respected them too much! (how come no one got in Ampadu's ear? get onto him and make him force a yellow card?) though the linesman the Ninian side seemingly didn't have a clue for both teams.

The minimum is do the basics correct and give 100%
    That performance was so far away from that it's unbelievable.
    3 goals conceded because we can't do the basics I don't care how much better than us they are that is unacceptable.

We’ve done well in the last few years to boost crowds. Our current average of ~22k is a continual increase. I can’t quite put my finger on what the club have done, but clearly it’s the right thing, our last 3 crowds are averaging out at 25k and the season as a whole is our best in years

I think at this point a concerted effort from the club and supporters groups are needed to improve the atmosphere at home games. I know there was a fan group that was supposed to occupy the front few rows of the middle Canton blocks that never materialised. Maybe better communication with the vocal fans and the club are part of the plans with the new fans forum? It would be nice to see some sort of input from the club in regards to the match day atmosphere.

Excellent post. No excuses we are shit at home at the moment.
    After being shit at home for three seasons before that.

To at least fecking try.
    Etete tries but he's not a championship player

I think it's more a case of a poor squad than players not trying or bulut not being a good manager

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It's the other way round, the silence reflects the performance.
    They feed off each other.

The club want a sterile, bland atmosphere with zero noise and zero work for them to do in terms of sorting issues with the same one or two songs then the rubbish crowd will be reflected by the lacklustre performances on the pitch

You think the players would get away with that lack of effort today if there was a proper crowd cheering every tackle, demanding more etc? You can go through the motions and barely get a boo, it has been bad for a long time but today was a bit of a what am I doing here moment

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    We've been over this. The squad is limited. We have injuries to our best players. Do you expect us to beat a team that is comprehensively better than us just because we're at home?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We've been over this. The squad is limited. We have injuries to our best players. Do you expect us to beat a team that is comprehensively better than us just because we're at home?

I expect either at HOME or AWAY a team who try to compete.

Today they were clueless, lacked determination and fight.

The manager has no plan b, BUT honest opinions seem to annoy some on here.

Of course a team built on freebies is going to be limited and probably succumb to one costing millions but that doesn’t excuse the surrender before kick off we witnessed today nor does it excuse the apparent plan in any other game in the last few months of waiting for the opposition to score before attempting to take the game to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Of course a team built on freebies is going to be limited and probably succumb to one costing millions but that doesn’t excuse the surrender before kick off we witnessed today nor does it excuse the apparent plan in any other game in the last few months of waiting for the opposition to score before attempting to take the game to them.
    Bingo.

I had the feeling walking back to Canton that a Warnock managed team would not have lost 3 - 0 at home to Leeds
    We looked like fools today with no plan A B or C

Yes, there is a bit of an excuse for the way we set out against Leicester and Leeds (not much of one against Leeds mind given their patchy away record), but it wasn’t too different against West Brom, Millwall and Birmingham.