+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Another poor performance. I wonder if the lack of transfer signings is anything to do with Vincent Tan losing patience with Bulut...
    When did vinny lose patience with Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree with you. This lot are dog awful, really bad. can't do the basics, slow, anything creative is telegraphed. Most of them are league 1 players.
    Granted a typo in that post, meant 'not good enough', my mistake.

But yes, we have the cast-offs from other championship or recently relegated clubs... and you can include Bowler in that. On what planet is this team meant to be anything other than what it is, with it's 3 best attacking players all out. Bulut is managing no hopers and hoping for results. I don't blame him for getting agitated with our transfer policy. I do blame him him for not making use of bright young players who will be watching these games from the bench thinking 'we are better than every single one of these'.

I hope he boots him out tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Another poor performance. I wonder if the lack of transfer signings is anything to do with Vincent Tan losing patience with Bulut...
    Surely this makes no sense though. We won't have a manager or new players if that's the decision-making. Personally I think the current players and the manager aren't up to it right now which is why I'd stick with Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Any academy player signing a pro contract with us currently are very very foolish.

If Bulut stays in the job and gets in a few new players, he really needs to look at his coaching staff. As has been said, we have no discernable pattern of play and offensively we are clueless. Coupled with our newly-discovered defensive frailties these are worrying times indeed.

We are trying to play a system, with a set of players with nowhere near the ability to carry it out. Our central midfielders no ability to move us quickly up the pitch, first movement is always back. They have no ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Wintle is at best Division one standard and paired with Rauls we are doomed. We play from the back, get to the halfway line if we are lucky then end playing the ball back to the keeper who then hoofs it. Wed be better off play the 442 and hoof it to a set pattern. 4 wins in 15 is certain relegation. This is a very poor team managed poorly.

When Bulut makes substitutions they seem to fall into 2 categories. Either they're made because he thinks hes got the starting XI wrong and wants to correct it or, they end up having a negative effect on the performance.
    So frustrating.

Probably around the same time as Bulut lost patience with Vinny.

Re: FT: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Anybody else think that with a few quality signings we'll be playing champagne football ? For me we need at least 6 players and a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What about Bowler and the Collins (I think)
    Both were shots into the ground, rather than shots at the Plymouth goal

Bulut has done ok. it's just his squad and sub decisions are naive. I can't see how sacking him and getting on
    the shite manager merry go round will help us. No decent manager is interested after viewing how we've
    treated previous ones. Welcome to Cardiff city you have 500 quid to spend on the team . Clubs a joke ffs

I have no problem with Bulut. Our squad is paper thin. He's trying to get them to play, but they just can't. I think Goutas and Grant are two of our stand-out players. I rate Bowler too. None of them are great. But that's who we are. I don't think Colwill is going to make it. He's gifted but his overall game is so lacking. People complain a lot about not giving youngsters a chance. Nothing I've seen from any of them thinks they deserve to start. With maybe the exception of Tanner. But he too has his limitations.

Body language of the players in the 2nd half wasn’t great , it looked like a team very low on confidence, easily conceding goals and not being able to score

I also don’t understand why Ashford didn’t come on ahead of Etete who was very poor in his last game, give the lad a chance to see if he’s up to it.

Having said all that, this is the championship, get Ramsey back , sign a striker , put 3 back to back wins together and we’re back on the edges of the play off . It just seems very unlikely right now but could happen

20 days into the transfer window...zero signings.....11 days left....sound like it's going to be panic stations and dome dross coming in...

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    If Bulut stays in the job and gets in a few new players, he really needs to look at his coaching staff. As has been said, we have no discernable pattern of play and offensively we are clueless. Coupled with our newly-discovered defensive frailties these are worrying times indeed.
    Everybodies fault except Bulut it seems

Lets replace the janitor staff for lord Bulut too..who knows maybe they are causing the slipups and injuries in training??

Just seen the goals on skysports website and, crikey, they're bloody awful. We can't score from open play, either. Not many positives to take tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just seen the goals on skysports website and, crikey, they're bloody awful. We can't score from open play, either. Not many positives to take tonight.
    I'm struggling to find anything positive after today's performance. If I didn't think better, I'd say the players want Bulut out. Truly awful at times. So bad. Basics just not done. No creativity. Slow. Are the players doing it on purpose or just not up to it?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I'm struggling to find anything positive after today's performance. If I didn't think better, I'd say the players want Bulut out. Truly awful at times. So bad. Basics just not done. No creativity. Slow. Are the players doing it on purpose or just not up to it?
    This might sound daft, but at Sheffield Wednesday in the cup we played with a freedom and caused them lots of problems. Bulut was ill. It's daft because we lost 4-0, but virtually every attack they made they scored from. From the chances we created we almost didn't deserve to lose.

This might sound daft, but at Sheffield Wednesday in the cup we played with a freedom and caused them lots of problems. Bulut was ill. It's daft because we lost 4-0, but virtually every attack they made they scored from. From the chances we created we almost didn't deserve to lose.
    Similar to the other cup games where he was in the dug out?

Bulut's lost the plot along with the dressing room it would seem. The players looked dejected in the second half and looked clueless going forward.

It beggars belief how we are more than half-way into January with not one new player brought in. Is this Vinny tightening the purse-strings or simply poor planning (or both)? It is all the more depressing when you consider how depleted the current squad with and the window of opportunity to buy new players rapidly closing.

I believe Bulut should have given Ashford a run out today as (a) it would have been good experience for the lad and (b) we had nothing to lose towards the end of the second half when we were already 3-1 down.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    Bulut's lost the plot along with the dressing room it would seem. The players looked dejected in the second half and looked clueless going forward.

It beggars belief how we are more than half-way into January with not one new player brought in. Is this Vinny tightening the purse-strings or simply poor planning (or both)? It is all the more depressing when you consider how depleted the current squad with and the window of opportunity to buy new players rapidly closing.

I believe Bulut should have given Ashford a run out today as (a) it would have been good experience for the lad and (b) we had nothing to lose towards the end of the second half when we were already 3-1 down.

Just my 2 cents.
    Bulut is mainly concerned with not losing games, trying to stay in them and pinching goals from set pieces.

Bulut is mainly concerned with not losing games, trying to stay in them and pinching goals from set pieces.
    It's not doing him much good. Only 4 teams have lost more games in the Championship than us this season.

Its Warnock time.... you know it makes sense....

Probably the only way to keep us up.