+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 3 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Really not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    This manager and his stupid sub decisions
    Terrible I don't usually swear but what a fcuk shambles.....

I am supportive of Bulut but really he needs to show some enterprise and change the old guard - they are not delivering....how many games does he need to see that....give the youngsters a chance.

The insistence of bringing on players who have done absolutely nothing for months, instead of giving young players a go is getting absurd.

As I said on another thread, we are nowhere near good enough to finish in the top 6. We'll be lucky to get top half with this squad.

Should have been 4...gone to pieces.

Just play Ashford ffs. He showed far more ability than any of our current front players at the Sheffield Wednesday cup game. He can’t be any worse!!

Yes the players aren't up to it but you have to start questioning Bulut's suitability for the job. He seems unable to spark the players into life and his tactics have not worked for months.

We just don’t seem to have the ability to create chances, regardless of how little or much possession we have. And even when we do, there’s no real expectation we’ll take them - apart from corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The insistence of bringing on players who have done absolutely nothing for months, instead of giving young players a go is getting absurd.

As I said on another thread, we are nowhere near good enough to finish in the top 6. We'll be lucky to get top half with this squad.
    Spot on

I don't have much hair...what I have I am tearing it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Yes the players aren't up to it but you have to start questioning Bulut's suitability for the job. He seems unable to spark the players into life and his tactics have not worked for months.
    I think at some point we have to accept that the players are simply good enough and no amount of tactics or wizardry will get consistent positive results with this lot. We started with a purple patch but there's been a lot of tape on how we play with an extremely limited bunch of players for a while, which has coincided with our downturn in form since the Bristol game.

That being said using J Colwill and Ashford would be a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    This manager and his stupid sub decisions
    I was one of the posters saying we should back Bulut but I am beginning to feel totally dejected.
    As of the 70th minute we have had 2 efforts on goal versus 12 from Plymouth.
    Bulut takes off Tanner at half time and replaces him with Romeo.
    WE ARE FAR TOO DEFENSIVE and I don’t think Bulut can blame everyone else.
    N
    I appreciate that we don’t have the players he wants but his tactics every week are driving me crazy.
    It is like we are lining up against Man City
    Thank God we have a reasonable tally of points as we will need them on the run in to the end of the season.
    We are definitely relegation form

I’m usually well behind the herd in wanting a manager gone but I’ve thought for a good while this bloke is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Absolutely shocking. Something tells me we haven’t brought any players in because Bulut might be about to get the boot.
    That would be so Cardiff City though wouldn't it? Sack the manager in the middle of a January window, miss the window and have the same squad for the rest of the season! That would be a disaster for us and I'm not defending all of Bulut's decisions but seriously, that could really f*ck us up for the rest of the season. We need players. If we don't, then if I were Bulut, I'd walk.

"There's more pattern to how Plymouth play than Cardiff" according to Blake

I said this before, what kind of goal are Cardiff trying to score? We don't have patterns of play and seem to pray for a set piece. That's on the management and coaching staff. Can't just keep blaming the players and whinging about a lack of transfers

we look absolute clueless... its a team who can just play a bit of football, win now and then lose alot

theres no flair and excitement, its flat and boring

goutas as we know its not the best of deffenders, but watching he seems to be 1 of the only ones interested

Have to remember that we're still in a much better league position than the last couple of seasons, but to keep making the same mistakes, be so negative, so uncreative and lacking in ideas is making me rapidly run out of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Spot on
    Yeah, can't understand that. Surprised he's not given them a chance but who really knows what's going on?

Decent first half...but the second half....should be x-rated. All started with bringing on Romeo (although not blaming him).....a real defensive signal. We are really shocking at the moment. Many posters have said it....how much worse can the youngsters do in place of the tried and failed (constantly) so called senior players?

On the plus side...a very good Argyle TV commentary......

Another poor performance. I wonder if the lack of transfer signings is anything to do with Vincent Tan losing patience with Bulut...

90 minutes without one shot on target! What the feck does the team do in training ?

Shocking second half.

Why bring Romeo on? He's league one at best.

I'd rather just let the kids have a go.

Decent following down there and credit for their dedication but what did they do to have this s##t served to them? Shocking performance

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I think at some point we have to accept that the players are simply good enough and no amount of tactics or wizardry will get consistent positive results with this lot. We started with a purple patch but there's been a lot of tape on how we play with an extremely limited bunch of players for a while, which has coincided with our downturn in form since the Bristol game.

That being said using J Colwill and Ashford would be a nice change.
    Agree with you. This lot are dog awful, really bad. can't do the basics, slow, anything creative is telegraphed. Most of them are league 1 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yeah, can't understand that. Surprised he's not given them a chance but who really knows what's going on?
    Any academy player signing a pro contract with us currently are very very foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    90 minutes without one shot on target! What the feck does the team do in training ?
    What about Bowler and the Collins (I think)