+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Germany was worst-performing major economy last year footy not that good either

Germany was worst-performing major economy last year footy not that good either

From FT ...

Gosh they have fallen as has their football team

Eurozone economy
    Germany was worst-performing major economy last year

JANUARY 16, 2024

Re: Germany was worst-performing major economy last year footy not that good either

Serves the thick German racists right for voting to leave the EU if you ask me.

Re: Germany was worst-performing major economy last year footy not that good either

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Serves the thick German racists right for voting to leave the EU if you ask me.
    Perhaps the Farmers protest is related to this

( what farmers protest I hear you say )

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Shhhhhhshhhh, they are not supposed to find out 😂 now if the Eric's were outperforming the UK, you'd know all about it pronto, when are they going back to coal 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

well according to some of the WEF masters farming along with fishing should now be considered a serious crime !

ECOSIDE the new buzz word

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    From FT ...

Gosh they have fallen as has their football team

Eurozone economy
    Germany was worst-performing major economy last year

JANUARY 16, 2024
    Germany is back in a recession - I blame Brexit and Thatcher obviously said a dimwit painter and decorator

Does anyone genuinely believe the quality of life is worse in Germany than it is here?

Six of one, half a dozen of another tbh. Depends on who you are and your circumstances.

Anyway, is that your response when despite years and years of telling us what an economic disaster is, that it is a really Germany (and Netherlands) with declining economies? Ignore the data and talk about something else?

Shifting the goal posts more than Rees-Zammit!

Does anyone know the current GDP of the UK and Germany?
    Has Germany's decline put them behind the UK in real terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does anyone know the current GDP of the UK and Germany?
    Has Germany's decline put them behind the UK in real terms?
    According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) data for 2020, Germany had a GDP of approximately $3.8 trillion, making it the fourth-largest economy in the world. The UK had a GDP of around $2.6 trillion, ranking it as the sixth-largest economy globally.

So we are comparing 4th against 6th from 2020

GDP Germany 2023 = 4.48T dollars down 0.3 % on previous year
    GDP UK 2023 = 3.1 T dollars

GDP growth between 2000 and 2020

UK: 85%
    Germany: 77%

Apparently German industry is suffering from the lack of cheap energy from Russia. I wonder if America will compensate them.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) data for 2020, Germany had a GDP of approximately $3.8 trillion, making it the fourth-largest economy in the world. The UK had a GDP of around $2.6 trillion, ranking it as the sixth-largest economy globally.

So we are comparing 4th against 6th from 2020
    I was wondering about 2023 rather than 2020. Too early to know?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Six of one, half a dozen of another tbh. Depends on who you are and your circumstances.

Anyway, is that your response when despite years and years of telling us what an economic disaster is, that it is a really Germany (and Netherlands) with declining economies? Ignore the data and talk about something else?

Shifting the goal posts more than Rees-Zammit!
    Are you saying the UK hasn't been an utter economic disaster over the last decade?

The Germans beat us on basically every single metric over the past 10 years.

However, the Germans were beyond stupid in shutting down their nuclear power stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Are you saying the UK hasn't been an utter economic disaster over the last decade?

The Germans beat us on basically every single metric over the past 10 years.

However, the Germans were beyond stupid in shutting down their nuclear power stations.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. And the second part isn't correct. As usual with these things, the reality is somewhere between the two and there isn't a western nation that has had a jolly last decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Germany is back in a recession - I blame Brexit and Thatcher obviously said a dimwit painter and decorator
    Cash jobs only, in brown envelopes.