+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trust statement on transfers

Trust statement on transfers

https://www.ccfctrust.org/cardiff-ci...winter-window/

Trust Chair Keith Morgan has spoken to senior sources at Cardiff City Football Club to get clarity following issues raised by Bluebirds fans on social media.

Keith Morgan said:“Having had a conversation with senior club officials, I thought it would be useful to update members on the current position regarding player transfers etc. at Cardiff City Football Club to clarify a few misconceptions on social media over the last few days.

“The club directors are working in close cooperation and agreement with the manager and recruitment team to bring in new players either on loan or permanently and a number of potential deals are at an advanced stage.

“Deals are never straightforward as they have to be agreed with the players involved and their current clubs but it is anticipated that some deals will be finalised and announced in the coming week. The announcements will include players in and out of the club.”

Re: Trust statement on transfers

that can't be right, all deals are agreed weeks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Some of our fans are pathetic frankly, no patience and flying off the handle constantly. For the Trust to have to release this statement is a sad reflection of modern football and the fans

Not in our case.
    We have to wait until near the end of the transfer window to see who is left that no other clubs want.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Some of our fans are pathetic frankly, no patience and flying off the handle constantly. For the Trust to have to release this statement is a sad reflection of modern football and the fans
    It's a weird statement to make. I'm not sure why the trust felt the need to do so. Whatever the situation behind the scenes I wouldn't expect the club to say anything other than what they have done.

I'm sure there are attempts to sign players.

How many more times do you need to be told - I was told about my friends sons transfer to Burton Albion many many weeks before it was announced by Burton Albion media team. ( It might be because tapping up is illegal)This was a summer transfer so it may be slightly different however , they are complex enough , and I have spoken to him on numerous occasions since and every one of the transfers he has been involved in were done weeks before the big reveal.

Similarly, It was known in Turkey that Bulut was coming here very early on, and he had plans with transfer targets ironed out way before the club put out an official announcement.

I’m sure there are many examples of where this doesn’t happen ( especially in January)

When I initially started a thread on this I thought it would have made sense but clearly you have a different agenda. If you know any professional football players then perhaps could give me an insight as clearly my example must be a one off.

It’s no biggie though is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's a weird statement to make. I'm not sure why the trust felt the need to do so. Whatever the situation behind the scenes I wouldn't expect the club to say anything other than what they have done.

I'm sure there are attempts to sign players.
    I don't think it is unreasonable. There has been a lot of unhelpful speculation on social media regarding the lack of news about transfers linking it to what must be unfounded rumours about Bulut's position. If it helps quash those rumours then it is worthwhile. You are right not to expect any news about transfers We need to keep the lid on them as long as possible. Unfortunately, some City fans seem to think that daily updates in detail are what they are entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I don't think it is unreasonable. There has been a lot of unhelpful speculation on social media regarding the lack of news about transfers linking it to what must be unfounded rumours about Bulut's position. If it helps quash those rumours then it is worthwhile. You are right not to expect any news about transfers We need to keep the lid on them as long as possible. Unfortunately, some City fans seem to think that daily updates in detail are what they are entitled to.
    Totally agree with you in terms of the apparent meltdown on lack of transfers

Interesting that Wales on line are reporting that no signings are imminent though as the trust indicates that the club have said they have some transfers in advanced stages unless not imminent and advanced are the same thing in transfer parlance

I suppose the time for criticism is come the end of the window when all is done and we know what we have