+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Louis Rees-Zammit quits rugby for NFL with immediate effect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Louis Rees-Zammit quits rugby for NFL with immediate effect

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    why is this on the main forum?
    Why have you even opened the thread and posted on it if you aren’t interested in RU ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why have you even opened the thread and posted on it if you aren’t interested in RU ?
    egg chasing is a dying sport. players getting head injuries, the game dull to watch with all the ping pong kicking, re-set scrums.

i remember the halcyon days of the 70's.

LRZ is in it for the money and can't blame him. whereas I used to be interested in welsh rugby and been to many internationals right now I'm not that bothered.

CCFC is where my heart is.

He will make money if he just makes it onto a teams practice squad than he would if continued playing rugby.

I always love how quick to comment the people who don't know anything about American football are. If you don't like or watch it, why comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    He will make money if he just makes it onto a teams practice squad than he would if continued playing rugby.

I always love how quick to comment the people who don't know anything about American football are. If you don't like or watch it, why comment?
    He will probably make less, a quick google search shows practice squad players make a max of $216,000 vs his salary at Gloucester which was reported to be approximately £225,000. He could've almost certainly earned more than that in rugby if he'd gone and played in France or Japan.

However the practice squad salary is certainly worth the gamble, should he get signed to one. As the most high profile athlete to go through that international programme, I'll be surprised if he isn't.